Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXYTALK

Summer 2018 Transfer Kitty

I like Dunk as well. Loves a Morgan-esque block but also seems fairly comfortable on the ball from what I've seen of him. 

Were Schmeichel to move on for whatever reason, I'd be satisfied with whoever ends up second choice at Burnley out of Heaton and Pope.

36 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I honestly think with two genuinely top quality, attacking fullbacks we would be a real force even without major additions elsewhere.  X

I personally think just at right back is most important, but not arguing against a little competition

• Like 1

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-trying-get-ahead-sign-player-tottenham-e12-15m-offer/

Leicester trying to ‘get ahead’ and sign player after Tottenham €12-15m offer

Just over a week ago we covered claims from Portugal that Tottenham remain ‘attentive’ to the situation of Ricardo Pereira.

Spurs had been strongly linked to the fullback during the last summer transfer window and a move made a lot of sense, until Tottenham signed Serge Aurier instead.

It’s not too hard to argue the Aurier move hasn’t worked out perfectly, so retaining an interest in Pereira is understandable.

Monday’s edition of A Bola reports Leicester City are keen too. It’s explained that Claude Puel worked with Pereira at Nice and is keen to get him to Leicester this summer.The Foxes are working to ‘get ahead’ of the competition, which would include Tottenham, and A Bola believes a deal could be done at around €25m.

Previously Spurs were said to have offered €12-15m for the player.

abolapereira-281x300.jpg

Edited by lcfcnsk

34 minutes ago, lcfcnsk said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-trying-get-ahead-sign-player-tottenham-e12-15m-offer/

Leicester trying to ‘get ahead’ and sign player after Tottenham €12-15m offer

Just over a week ago we covered claims from Portugal that Tottenham remain ‘attentive’ to the situation of Ricardo Pereira.

Spurs had been strongly linked to the fullback during the last summer transfer window and a move made a lot of sense, until Tottenham signed Serge Aurier instead.

It’s not too hard to argue the Aurier move hasn’t worked out perfectly, so retaining an interest in Pereira is understandable.

Monday’s edition of A Bola reports Leicester City are keen too. It’s explained that Claude Puel worked with Pereira at Nice and is keen to get him to Leicester this summer.The Foxes are working to ‘get ahead’ of the competition, which would include Tottenham, and A Bola believes a deal could be done at around €25m.

Previously Spurs were said to have offered €12-15m for the player.

abolapereira-281x300.jpg

Are we trying to clear Portugal's national debt. Spuds offered €12/15m for a reason. But we get linked and it's €25m. We must be seen as some right dim cvnts in the transfer market.

I bet they don't say in the office Leicester are on the phone interested in X player.

It more like "Bank of stupid are on the phone think of a figure double it and x it by 3"

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Are we trying to clear Portugal's national debt. Spuds offered €12/15m for a reason. But we get linked and it's €25m. We must be seen as some right dim cvnts in the transfer market.

I bet they don't say in the office Leicester are on the phone interested in X player.

It more like "Bank of stupid are on the phone think of a figure double it and x it by 3"

£20m isn't really that much in the transfer market nowadays, and there's no mention in the article of the Spurs bid even being considered.

That being said, the guy's contract expires next year so he won't be as expensive as he otherwise might be.

3 minutes ago, Beechey said:

£20m isn't really that much in the transfer market nowadays, and there's no mention in the article of the Spurs bid even being considered.

That being said, the guy's contract expires next year so he won't be as expensive as he otherwise might be.

Plus it's press conjecture, so meh to the details.

6 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Haha. We're Sporting Lisbon's bank. 50m+ we've spent on their players with very little to show.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beechey said:

£20m isn't really that much in the transfer market nowadays, 

No £20m isn't a lot but by the time you've bought 5 players it is. Also some need to get over this we are rich thing. Keep pissing it up the wall as we have we could soon be potless.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sylofox said:

No £20m isn't a lot but by the time you've bought 5 players it is. Also some need to get over this we are rich thing. Keep pissing it up the wall as we have we could soon be potless.

Completely depends on how much money we have on hand, by the time we sell the loan players, a right back will probably not touch our starting summer transfer pot.

Edited by Beechey

No idea how much we’ll have available to spend. The Mahrez saga may significantly influence that. But I feel this might be the most significant transfer window ever for us. That’s sounds melodramatic, but I fear it is a squad which now needs a major overhaul. There isn’t a position that doesn’t need strengthening, imho. Also, we need to genuinely migrate to Puel’s style with players that fit his vision/blueprint. It also goes without saying that our window will be defined by who we keep as well as who we sign. Vardy, Maguire and N’Didi will have countless suitors, im

sure. 

3 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

No idea how much we’ll have available to spend. The Mahrez saga may significantly influence that. But I feel this might be the most significant transfer window ever for us. That’s sounds melodramatic, but I fear it is a squad which now needs a major overhaul. There isn’t a position that doesn’t need strengthening, imho. Also, we need to genuinely migrate to Puel’s style with players that fit his vision/blueprint. It also goes without saying that our window will be defined by who we keep as well as who we sign. Vardy, Maguire and N’Didi will have countless suitors, im

sure. 

So long as we don't lose anyone else but Mahrez I'm not sure we're needing a giant overhaul. 

Right back and centre back for definite and a 10 who actually fits our style and we'd be fine. 

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So long as we don't lose anyone else but Mahrez I'm not sure we're needing a giant overhaul. 

Right back and centre back for definite and a 10 who actually fits our style and we'd be fine. 

Two ageing centre-halves, a rapidly declining senior left-back, King to Swansea, James to the  repair centre, Silva, Slim, Jako and Drago maybe not that fussed about being here. Depends on which mood I’m in, but

tonight, once you factor in the dead-wood, I think it could be a busy window. 

58 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Two ageing centre-halves, a rapidly declining senior left-back, King to Swansea, James to the  repair centre, Silva, Slim, Jako and Drago maybe not that fussed about being here. Depends on which mood I’m in, but

tonight, once you factor in the dead-wood, I think it could be a busy window. 

We've got so many players out on loan or not even in the match day squad, we don't need a one in one out policy. We need to reduce numbers drastically. Coming in should just be minor surgery, there is no need to dump the likes of Fuchs, Wes, Simpson just because they might no longer be first choice. They are capable backup and can be phased out. 

Kasper / Hamer

Simpson / New Right back

Maguire / Wes

Drago / New Centre Back

Fuchs / Chillwell

Albrighton / Gray

N'didi / James

Silva / Iborra

Mahrez or Replacement / Diabate

Vardy / Iheancho

New No. 10 / Okazaki

Amartey / King / Slimani / Mendy / Leo / Kapustka all under contract as well before you even consider promoting Barnes / Thomas etc from the youth team. With Huth and Benny likely to leave being out of contract and having not been near the team. 

The highlighted are the most likely to go at the moment I'd say. You could see another CB come in if they decide to never give Amartey a go at CB. 

Edited by Babylon

35 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We've got so many players out on loan or not even in the match day squad, we don't need a one in one out policy. We need to reduce numbers drastically. Coming in should just be minor surgery, there is no need to dump the likes of Fuchs, Wes, Simpson just because they might no longer be first choice. They are capable backup and can be phased out. 

Kasper / Hamer

Simpson / New Right back

Maguire / Wes

Drago / New Centre Back

Fuchs / Chillwell

Albrighton / Gray

N'didi / James

Silva / Iborra

Vardy / Iheancho

New No. 10 / Okazaki

Amartey / King / Slimani / Mendy / Leo / Kapustka all under contract as well before you even consider promoting Barnes / Thomas etc from the youth team. With Huth and Benny likely to leave being out of contract and having not been near the team. 

The highlighted are the most likely to go at the moment I'd say. You could see another CB come in if they decide to never give Amartey a go at CB. 

As I’ve got a pessimistic head on tonight, if I’m honest Babs, there’s just the tiniest hint of West Brom about that potential squad next year. A lot of ageing players that need to be gradually phased out, and some younger ones who might not be good enough. It will be an interesting period. With the CL monies and the (likely) Mahrez fee, FFP might make it our last chance to spend big for a while. Anyone know what Puel’s track record is like on spending money? 

48 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Kasper / Hamer

Simpson / New Right back

Maguire / Wes

Drago / New Centre Back

Fuchs / Chillwell

Albrighton / Gray

N'didi / James

Silva / Iborra

Vardy / Iheancho

New No. 10 / Okazaki

Agree with most of this. But isn’t Fuchs going to America in the summer and isn’t Dragovic unhappy? 

Would be happy to keep both of them for another season though. 

Imo we also need a better 2nd choice keeper than Hamer and another ball winner like Ndidi. 

1 minute ago, foxes21 said:

Agree with most of this. But isn’t Fuchs going to America in the summer and isn’t Dragovic unhappy? 

Would be happy to keep both of them for another season though. 

Imo we also need a better 2nd choice keeper than Hamer and another ball winner like Ndidi. 

Fuchs is going in 2019, he has another year on his contract. I'm sure Dragovic wants more playing time, but read his interview from a month or two ago and don't listen to rumours on here. He said he wanted to stay and was well aware he had people in front of him, but that they weren't long term players for us because of their age. He sounded like he had his head screwed on. Morgan will lose the armband in the summer and that opens up the position even more for him. 

43 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

As I’ve got a pessimistic head on tonight, if I’m honest Babs, there’s just the tiniest hint of West Brom about that potential squad next year. A lot of ageing players that need to be gradually phased out, and some younger ones who might not be good enough. It will be an interesting period. With the CL monies and the (likely) Mahrez fee, FFP might make it our last chance to spend big for a while. Anyone know what Puel’s track record is like on spending money? 

West Brom lost 9 of their last 12 games drawing 2 last season. They were awful for some time. 

We could comfortably field a team that was Kasper 31, Amartey 23, Dragovic 27, Maguire 25, Chilwell 21, Albrighton 28, N'didi 21, Silva 29, Diabate 22, Iheanacho 21, Vardy 31.

Bench from: Gray 21, Mendy 25, James 26, Slimani 29, Iborra 30, Simpson 31, Okazaki 32 soon, Fuchs 32 soon, Wes 34.

That's before signing HOPEFULLY a few better players and spending good money to replace Mahrez should he go. I see no massive ageing player issue, we just need to start phasing a few older ones out as we did last summer. We already have the replacements in the squad for Wes and Fuchs, so that leaves an attacking  right back and a better 10 to move Oka down the pecking order. 

The biggest age related issue is Vardy, but we might not have to cross that bridge for another season.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm sure Dragovic wants more playing time, but read his interview from a month or two ago and don't listen to rumours on here. He said he wanted to stay and was well aware he had people in front of him, but that they weren't long term players for us because of their age. He sounded like he had his head screwed on. Morgan will lose the armband in the summer and that opens up the position even more for him. 

Is it this one? https://kurier.at/sport/bundesliga/aleksandar-dragovic-sie-haben-mich-aus-dem-dreck-gezogen/308.646.363

If it is, that was before Morgan returned from injury, and he certainly sounded like he was expecting to keep his place when Morgan returned. His opinion might have changed since. Shame, because he genuinely seems a good player.

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

West Brom lost 9 of their last 12 games drawing 2 last season. They were awful for some time. 

We could comfortably field a team that was Kasper 31, Amartey 23, Dragovic 27, Maguire 25, Chilwell 21, Albrighton 28, N'didi 21, Silva 29, Diabate 22, Iheanacho 21, Vardy 31.

Bench from: Gray 21, Mendy 25, James 26, Slimani 29, Iborra 30, Simpson 31, Okazaki 32 soon, Fuchs 32 soon, Wes 34.

That's before signing HOPEFULLY a few better players and spending good money to replace Mahrez should he go. I see no massive ageing player issue, we just need to start phasing a few older ones out as we did last summer. We already have the replacements in the squad for Wes and Fuchs, so that leaves an attacking  right back and a better 10 to move Oka down the pecking order. 

The biggest age related issue is Vardy, but we might not have to cross that bridge for another season.

You’re making me feel a fraction better! Although, that might be the scotch doing that! 

• Haha 1

If you asked me what our team would be next year, it would be:

kasper new backup

new right back like periera, with simmo as a backup. amartey and dragovic, maguire and morgan. chilwell and new left back, unless fuchs stays.

new winger for mahrez, we keep diabate, gray if he wants to stay, if not then we sign someone else, albrighton. midfield would be iborra james ndidi silva, we do not need anyone there.

strikers vardy iheanacho okazaki and maybe someone like rondon.