Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXYTALK

Summer 2018 Transfer Kitty

5 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

What are people thoughts on the transfer fund for LCFC this summer?

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/claude-puel-handed-bumper-summer-1337020 

Based on current pre-tax profits, how much will be used for transfers?

-40m

40-50m

50-60m

60+m

Not including player sales.

Don't forget some of that was already spent last summer and in January, if you use transfermarket as gospel, then £35m is gone**. We're also buying and building a new training ground.

** https://www.transfermarkt.com/leicester-city/transfers/verein/1003/saison_id/2017

I don't think anyone should be expecting a bumper transfer window, what we spend is likely to mostly come from Mahrez.

• Like 4

You'd expect to see us bolstering the full back position(s); it will be interesting to see whether they go for an out and out RB (showing faith in Chilwell on the left), an RB and a separate LB, or a player who can slot into both positions (one of our winter targets came into this category, can't remember who).

Plus we will have a CB berth to fill, either through Dragovic or someone else, and at the moment no second CM has established himself alongside Ndidi. That's another 1 or 2 players.

Add to that Mahrez's departure, and the additional fact that we've not settled on Gray/Albrighton/Diabate on the other flank, and there are already 3-5 pieces of the jigsaw which we need to find before we even contemplate others who may push for a move elsewhere.

A lot of neutrals are saying we're headed for a crash, pointing towards our dependence on Vardy and Mahrez and the fact that one is 31 and the other is on his way. After our cup run ends the priority may need to switch to transition, perhaps looking for Mahrez-less solutions within the squad, because expecting so many new ingredients to gel over the course of a close season is optimistic to say the least. We may need to be patient!

• Like 3

Sadly I expect Mahrez to go, so add 75M+ to the kitty. I think we will sign a RB, an experienced CB (Dragovic or Evans) and 2 Riyad type players (players that can play on the wing or the forward three). We've been linked with Gudmondsson of Burnley, Rafa Silva of Benfica, Andros Townsend and Thorgen Hazard, so expect those names will come up again the summer. If Southampton get relegated (which I don't think will happen), then I expect us to sign a number of their players, wih Tadic, Redmond and Boufal all possibilities.

If we do lose Mahrez, I would like us to go for Leon Bailey of Leverkusen, who used to play with Ndidi and who Wes Morgan knows very well from the Jamaican national team. But he is playing really well and they look like qualifying for the Champions League, so he might not be realistic target.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

Who I'd like us to sign 

Ben gibson or lewis dunk 

Cedric 

Steven nzonzi 

Morgan scherderlin 

Callum Wilson 

Shakiri 

Charlie austin 

Also need someone to replace mahrez which will be difficult. Probably not the most realistic options but that's who I'd like. Also need a lb. 

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Who I'd like us to sign 

Ben gibson or lewis dunk 

Cedric 

Steven nzonzi 

Morgan scherderlin 

Callum Wilson 

Shakiri 

Charlie austin 

Also need someone to replace mahrez which will be difficult. Probably not the most realistic options but that's who I'd like. Also need a lb. 

9 new players would probably cost £250m. Plus the whole disruption to the squad. I so hope not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Dragovic

Adam Smith

Hazard's brother

Big striker like Rondon

Could probably get away with that.

There you go Babs, what'd you think to that?

Quite cheap and realistic.

Don’t forget we have Musa, Ulloa, Slimani, Mendy, Kapustka, King all returning from loan duty and academy graduates pushing for a spot. I can see the focus on being streamlining the squad first. Then with question marks over getting another season out of Huth and Fuchs and the possible loss of Mahrez, Dragovic and anyone else there is a lot of unknowns to process before we buy anyone.

If we have the option I would secure Dragovic on a permanent and look for a RB and reliable back up keeper. We have plenty of midfield and forward options and we should sell before we buy in that department.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Don’t forget we have Musa, Ulloa, Slimani, Mendy, Kapustka, King all returning from loan duty and academy graduates pushing for a spot. I can see the focus on being streamlining the squad first. Then with question marks over getting another season out of Huth and Fuchs and the possible loss of Mahrez, Dragovic and anyone else there is a lot of unknowns to process before we buy anyone.

If we have the option I would secure Dragovic on a permanent and look for a RB and reliable back up keeper. We have plenty of midfield and forward options and we should sell before we buy in that department.

We definitely need to lose some players first, wages are already at £113m.

We've needed a new RB and someone who can play behind Vardy for ages, we will need competition for Chilwell as I think Fuchs will go, we need at least 1 centreback assuming we don't take Dragovic, we need at least one attacker assuming Mahrez goes and I'm not convinced by the options on the other wing. Could be a busy summer.

We don't need loads of number 9s unless Vardy goes and even then I'd put full faith in Iheanacho.

14 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Might be going against the grain here, but should the club consider trying to get a long-term replacement for Schmeichel?

Don't think that's a bad idea at all to be honest.

39 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I don't see Dragovic happening even if we wanted to. I bet his bags are already packed.

Why would he sign for us after the way he's been treated.

• Thanks 1