Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXYTALK

Summer 2018 Transfer Kitty

4 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Ben Arfa announced on his Instagram he'll leave PSG in the summer, surely for us? doesn't seem to be any other major link and definitely makes sense ...

Hmm. He's 31 now and hasn't played much in the last 2 years. There's also this ...

I'd rather pay for someone younger and playing regularly. 

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Hmm. He's 31 now and hasn't played much in the last 2 years. There's also this ...

I agree although puel worked with him at nice I think hell look elsewhere. I think puel will want someone younger who he can develope into a better player. 

15 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

but the value we'd get out of signing him is surely something consider with it being just wages?

and tbh not sure how shes a winner lol

21 hours ago, breadandcheese said:

I'd still rather we tried to sign Adama Traore from Middlesbrough, rather than Verdi.  Granted Traore will probably cost more, but he's having fantastic season in the Championship and is finally up to speed with the physicality of English football.  He'd be my number one replacement for Mahrez, even if he cost a small fortune.

Traoré is a bombscare of a player, he's all about speed and physicality and very one-dimensional.

Whenever I've seen him play, he made me laugh. Runs at defenders, tries to get past, loses ball, tries again. At some point, he's successful, but the amount of times he fails make me laugh. He can't cross and can't really shoot, either.

And the Verdi link, sign him up! Bologna's player of the season, responsible for almost half of their league goals in Serie A.

Either him or Sassuolo's Berardi.

Or Federico Chiesa in a few years - impressed me no end when he came onto the pitch against England. You can see he's inherited his talent from his father.

21 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

And the Verdi link, sign him up! Bologna's player of the season, responsible for almost half of their league goals in Serie A.

Either him or Sassuolo's Berardi.

Or Federico Chiesa in a few years - impressed me no end when he came onto the pitch against England. You can see he's inherited his talent from his father.

Berardi is a weird one, seems to have regressed after a massively promising start in his career

I think we'll probably spend a fair bit, mostly because we should bag a decent fee for Mahrez.

However it's going to be a tough window - prices are out of control now and it's difficult to get value for money.

On the plus side, I still think there's much more to come from Diabate and Silva, so they may effectively be like 'new' signings.

Replacing Mahrez's goals/assists is obviously going to be the main priority - can we do it?

In addition, I think we definitely need a new left back and a new right back.

I also think we need to consider a long-term option for a CB who can play alongside Maguire.

If the owners are really ambitious I'd say there's an argument for ditching Schmeichel - but I don't think it will happen...

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Traoré is a bombscare of a player, he's all about speed and physicality and very one-dimensional.

Whenever I've seen him play, he made me laugh. Runs at defenders, tries to get past, loses ball, tries again. At some point, he's successful, but the amount of times he fails make me laugh. He can't cross and can't really shoot, either.

The Traore of last year, I'd say yes. But he has been transformed under Pulis (that's something I never thought I'd say about any player). He looks like he could be about to realise his talent. 

I don't think we need too much.  I would happy with......

Pope

Trippier  Maguire  Tarkowski  Chilwell

Ndidi

Silva Iborra

Mahrez             Diabate

Vardy

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Pope

Ndidi

Silva Iborra

Vardy

Mahrez no chances, he will be off. 

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Pope

Ndidi

Silva Iborra

Vardy

Why are we buying Burnley's best players? They'd laugh at that concept, sorry,

1 hour ago, KFS said:

Why are we buying Burnley's best players? They'd laugh at that concept, sorry,

Because this is a subpage about transfers on an online football forum where people can share their ideas both realistic and not so realistic?  X

Edited by RumbleFox

47 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Because this is a subpage about transfers on an online football forum where people can share their ideas both realistic and not so realistic?  X

Just love the fact your not allowed to share a view that don't fit in with others on here.

18 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Just love the fact your not allowed to share a view that don't fit in with others on here.

Equally exercising a right to discuss the selection, because you guys are so right in pointing out that it's a public football forum