Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXYTALK

Summer 2018 Transfer Kitty

6 hours ago, sylofox said:

Suzie the Fox is hoping Iborra gets the left back spot.

Left back in her bedroom lol 

And right back (inside her) lol 

SLC

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Wookie said:

Man United are linked with him, no chance he’s rocking up here 

A few years ago, it was unheard of us to sell some of our best players to Chelsea.

Believe.

We've got rich owners and I think we can compete with the Manchester Uniteds of this world. After all, they can't sign every single player on the globe.

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

A few years ago, it was unheard of us to sell some of our best players to Chelsea.

Believe.

We've got rich owners and I think we can compete with the Manchester Uniteds of this world. After all, they can't sign every single player on the globe.

No they can’t but there’ll be more than one considerably more attractive club than us in for him

18 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Thomas Meunier is unhappy at PSG.

I say - sign him up! One of the best European right-backs at present.

One of those that we'd face stiff competition to sign, but isn't out of the question. Would be a class signing.

On 3/25/2018 at 02:04, MC Prussian said:

Not sure yet, I'd give Callum Elder a chance at left-back at some stage. Impressive for Wigan this season.

Moore probably needs one more season at Championship level, but that's just my guess. Not overly impressed by the Proximus League in Belgium.

Yes please re Elder. I know people like Chilwell, but he is bang average for a LB though he has one useful skill in that he can bring the ball fwd. But he doesn't really add anything to the attack, he isn't a scorer or a gifted passer, he is the bus driver who drops the ball off for the capable attacking players. 

I know he is young, that is the popular refrain re Chilwell, but it isn't like we really see him improving, do we? If anything that is his biggest problem -- his lack of development is alarming. Personally, I would look to move him asap if anyone makes a run at him with a quality offer. Chilwell simply does not project to become the guy we need at LB under Claude. 

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Would take Tarkowski from Burnley, 25 good age and improving every season. Pick up 2 mobile ball playing full backs around him and Harry. England cap will bump up his fee tho...

When Tarkowski is sold, it will only be to a Big Six team.....Arsenal already very keen. Out of position on the left tonight, he is still a bit raw and needs another season alongside the rock-solid Ben Mee.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2018 at 09:39, sylofox said:

YES

Dragovic will not be signing for us. He's not been dropped for no reason.

Plus if any of you had been treated like Drag has would you sign.

........I suspect there is an agreement in place for Wes to terminate is contract at the end of the season and the club has agreed in view of his service and status as captain to allow him the opportunity to finish the season as a player in the first eleven.

The fact that Dragovic is on the bench, could either stem from this or a financial move by the club as any further starts could see the club paying out further funds to Dragovics' parent club in view of appearances.

Some will say there are no room for sentiment in football but I feel this is a more reasonable explanation for this situation!!!!!

3 hours ago, lancyclaret said:

When Tarkowski is sold, it will only be to a Big Six team.....Arsenal already very keen. Out of position on the left tonight, he is still a bit raw and needs another season alongside the rock-solid Ben Mee.

For me thats where it all begins.. The keeper & the two centre backs !!! I would love to see Tarkowski alongside Harry but realistically don't see Burnley selling to us. We will need to uncover another Gem like Harry.

7 hours ago, gurru991 said:

For me thats where it all begins.. The keeper & the two centre backs !!! I would love to see Tarkowski alongside Harry but realistically don't see Burnley selling to us. We will need to uncover another Gem like Harry.

I wouldn't say we uncovered Harry he was already on the verge of england but they opted for Ben Gibson and it was us who made a gambled and paid a decent amount for him.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 20:37, MC Prussian said:

Thomas Meunier is unhappy at PSG.

I say - sign him up! One of the best European right-backs at present.

Do you think he would come here?

I suppose it depends on his options, he's been linked with Man Utd. He's 26 and at PSG so he'd have to think long and hard about signing a 4 year contract at Leicester which takes him up to 30. If he came here I think we would be a last option.

37 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Do you think he would come here?

I suppose it depends on his options, he's been linked with Man Utd. He's 26 and at PSG so he'd have to think long and hard about signing a 4 year contract at Leicester which takes him up to 30. If he came here I think we would be a last option.

Manchester United are basically linked with every young-ish player in Europe on a regular basis.

What players like Meunier need to think about is the probability of gaining a spot in the starting XI. With Manchester United, they have Valencia and Meunier would face the same issue he's having at PSG right now - unable to get past Dani Alves.

Realistically, Danny Simpson needs competition at right-back and Meunier is the future.

Edited by MC Prussian