Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bryn

Leicester 1-2 Chelsea (AET) Post-Match

The match was frustrating.  Chelsea where not that good and should have been beaten but a lack of play making and awful defensive errors cost City.  Odd performance that seemed to lack passion for a lot of the match?  Too much sideways and backward passing of the ball.  RM wasteful time after time in terms of giving possession away.  For me the match and City's attitude contrasted sharply with that of Motherwell against Celtic.  Having a player unfairly sent off after half an hour the Motherwell side defended superbly against a better Celtic side.  Managing a great 0-0.  City need some of that attitude.   They are too civilised looking under CP.  

Given it all a bit of thought and they were better than us through Kante and our (Puel that is)lack of ambition in extra time.Plus Kaspers clanger and Chilwell even playing.

Iborra was visibly shot after 90 wasn't getting forward and wasnrt getting back to help .Subs were right IMO but 15 minutes too late again.

Dozens of crosses again which seems to be the Puel plan but little end product.

6 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Or maybe you don’t appreciate we were playing the champions of England , a champions league team and for 90% of the game we made them look null and void , and you call that bad managament , lol 

Welcome to the Towers Hospital 

I think they were there taking; they played below par.

Tactically you can’t say that making 95% of our forward moves  out wide and aimlessly lobbing crosses in to the box where we have no height makes any sense whatsoever.

Then add the equation that the personnel employed to do that job ie, to create chances for the team; were Simpson and Chilwell, then you can’t expect anything more than a defeat.

We play decent possesion in terms of time and passes; which is the easy bit when it’s on the half way line, but can’t create decent proper chances for our most dangerous players; it’s just chucked into the box in a Hail Mary fashion.

Again not enough intent to score first, and picking the wrong players extends a very poor run we are on. Take out three wins against lower league teams in the Cup and Claude is not doing well at all of late.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I think they were there taking; they played below par.

Tactically you can’t say that making 95% of our forward moves  out wide and aimlessly lobbing crosses in to the box where we have no height makes any sense whatsoever.

Then add the equation that the personnel employed to do that job ie, to create chances for the team; were Simpson and Chilwell, then you can’t expect anything more than a defeat.

We play decent possesion in terms of time and passes; which is the easy bit when it’s on the half way line, but can’t create decent proper chances for our most dangerous players; it’s just chucked into the box in a Hail Mary fashion.

Again not enough intent to score first, and picking the wrong players extends a very poor run we are on. Take out three wins against lower league teams in the Cup and Claude is not doing well at all of late.

No mate we bossed them and made them look average for the majority of the game only for a couple of mistakes we would be on our way to Wembley 

but that’s opinions we both have one and both need to respect each other , reems of words won’t change my mind 

21 hours ago, AjcW said:

Don’t even know where to start with that. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but ****ing hell mate! 

Players need to take more blame, I’m sick of it not happening. 

We were cautious in the first half to try and keep it to 0-0 (a great tactic) it was just undone by Kel’s mistake.

Second half we came out flying, equalised and were undone by a Kasper mistake. 

In my opinion... god help us if we haven’t brought in a decent back up/first choice keeper next season....

Yeah great tactics; playing cautious to keep it 0-0.

The first goal is not at all a positive   indicator in the chances of winning a game.

??‍♂️

****ing hell.

21 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Depends on how you look at it. We were only the better team because we were forced to do so. 1-0 down and only got back into the game 15 minutes before the end, thanks to a series of defensive mishaps in the Chelsea box and a deflection by Caballero.

Our initial setup is wasteful, unbalanced and unspectacular to watch. Heck, I don't need to be entertained on a weekly basis, but at least get the basics straight and avoid falling behind during what I can only describe as atrocious first halves on a regular basis. We've done it in the league under Puel many, many times and also in this season's cup competitions.

We tend to need a kick up the arse before we start playing. THAT is unforgivable and amateurish.

It’s called bad management MC.

Plain and simple.

Having finally brought myself to watch the game back, we weren't as bad as we were made out.

Could have started more on the front foot but on another day we'd have kept those goals out and put away some of our chances too. That's football.

Think I was just frustrated in the ground that our FA cup dream was dying. This football club has given us some truly memorable moments over the years so we can be forgiven for being ambitious. But putting it back into perspective, we lost two quarter finals at the death to two very good sides and serial trophy winners.

Gutted but we're a work in progress and our time will come again. Still plenty to play for in our remaining games. We all wanna go on a European tour! :scarf:

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

My God, some of you. One of the reasons Chelsea didn't rip us to shreds (Hazard was very quiet) was down to the way we set up, not because they were poor necessarily. I remember a few times when we forced them back from promising areas and made life hard for them - even Kelechi joined in.

Exactly. Albrighton and Mahrez dropped back into a back 6 to mark the wing backs. This was a tactical decision and worked very well for the entire game. Tried to force them through the middle where Ndidi could mop it up (and he did, with 10 tackles). Limited Chelsea completely.

Can't argue with our tactical set-up in the slightest.

• Like 3

On 19/03/2018 at 09:42, reynard said:

I agree almost entirely with what you say. The disappointment of the defeat was made even worse by the draw (with respsect to Southampton). How many saves did their keeper have to make? Once agian in the first half we were too passive, we move the ball so slowly. Mahrez is being forced to pick up the ball inside his own half. We had two full backs whose end product was dire. Vardy was and has been almost completely isolated.

When Puel first came we played a more attacking blend of possession and counter attack and we got some good results, now we are simply not dynamic enough. The substitutions were all made too late in my opinion.

Puel's post match interview was frankly disappointing as well. How on earth was that the perfect game except for the reuslt? If that is his idea of perfect then we're in for some long dull afternoons next season.

Moving forward there is now a very good chance that 7th place would mean European football next season. I expect us to strive 100% to get there and anything less would mark a season where we have not made any real progress. In the longer term if Puel is to stay a major rebuild is needed, probably at least 6 new players.

Correct. 

Its nice to read a post from someone who actually watched the game and is not on the happy clapper bandwagon typing for ‘likes’.

Not scoring the first goal in this level of football is a massive disadvantage, so why we play the games safety first I have no idea;

it is criminal.

Piss poor team selections eg Chilwell, no appetite for being proactive and taking the game to teams is not working after the new manager 6 game bounce.

Ooh....’but we only lost by one goal’; ‘we did alright’.

**** that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Correct. 

Its nice to read a post from someone who actually watched the game and is not on the happy clapper bandwagon typing for ‘likes’.

Not scoring the first goal in this level of football is a massive disadvantage, so why we play the games safety first I have no idea;

it is criminal.

Piss poor team selections eg Chilwell, no appetite for being proactive and taking the game to teams is not working after the new manager 6 game bounce.

Ooh....’but we only lost by one goal’; ‘we did alright’.

**** that.

I agree with this.

I’m surprised at how many there are on here who just seem ready to accept losing. Where’s the fight and the desire to win?

I think you’re right though. I think many people post what they post due to some immature need to seek ‘likes’.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I agree with this.

I’m surprised at how many there are on here who just seem ready to accept losing. Where’s the fight and the desire to win?

I think you’re right though. I think many people post what they post due to some immature need to seek ‘likes’.

No, they just see things differently from you both - that's allowed, right?

• Like 1

Don't know if anyone else noticed (and apologies if this has already been mentioned), not only were the Foxes beaten in one quarter final, but the team with a Leicester loanee was knocked out in each of the other three quarter finals too - Callum Elder at Wigan, Ulloa at Brighton, and Kingy at Swansea (although he was cup tied anyway).

It seems like the only Leicester player still involved in any cup competition is Musa in the Europa League.

• Like 2

Since 2001 we have played Chelsea 16 times. Won 1. Drawn 2. Lost 13.

Yet when I predicted a Chelsea win saying 'we rarely beat them' or Arsenal (1 win in the last 24 games) I was absolutely slated by someone on here.

I was only giving my opinion based on some pretty solid facts, above, and from the experience of 50 years as a fervent City fan. The pr*ck that felt it was worth slating me should maybe notice trends like those above - particularly if he really has supported city since the sixties (armchair fan?) and even if having defective vision through wearing blue-tinted specs. He should also realise  that score prediction threads are just a bit of fun. Unfortunately I was correct in predicting a  Chelsea win, but doing so does not make me less of a city fan. By the same token stating that we always seem to beat Derby, Leeds and Middlesborough does not make me a 'better' City fan.

Grow up mate. It's a forum. People have different opinions. Don't call me a bl**dy Chelsea fan.  Score predictions = bit of fun. CHILL!