Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bryn

Leicester 1-2 Chelsea (AET) Post-Match

Puel is going to be a problem for us why can’t he see after 25-30 mins the game needed Okazaki. Also I think chilwell will be an ok player but Fuchs is better at the minute we never start with our strongest team and it does my nut.  Nacho plays that ball in front of Mahrez he gets his shot off that lad alone has cost us some goals this season he shouldn’t of started the game. I now look at Leicester and think when Mahrez goes we’re going to be very boring, a lot like West Brom.

Everyone is a managerial genius in hindsight. We ended the game well and had the measure of Chelsea, the 11 on the pitch at the start of ET were playing well so it made little sense to change it at that point. Conte got lucky because Pedro offered very little when he came on but was the lucky beneficiary of Kasper's mistake. He perhaps could have withdrawn Iheanacho a bit earlier but other than that I thought Claude got his tactics largely right today.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, davelcfc100 said:

Alright. Let’s have 4 pence on it?

Says it all. You know you're wrong. It's only blind faith powering your point of view, which is fair enough. 

As a general point, I'm really sick of hearing about how we should be grateful to not be 15th in the Championship now. That kind of schtick might have played in 14/15 or even 15/16, but we've now been up for 4 years and have won the fvcking league. We have the 7th biggest wage bill in the league, we should at least have the 7th best team. It's not unreasonable to want more than Danny Simpson playing as an attacking full back. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I'm not overly disappointed by our performance today but some of our players seriously need questioning. For me Chilwell and Morgan simply aren't good enough. 

Chilwell made mistakes but was also marking Willian generally very well. 

I thought Wes had his best game of 2018. He looked back to his old self. Ndidi and Iborra are a confidence inspiring midfield pair, but Nacho looks lost.

I would like to see more of Nacho, Silva, and Gray over the remaining games. We need to see if they are worth keeping. 

Diabete is raw but has great potential. Puels scouts seem to have spotted a good un. 

• Like 2

Couldn't have gone any more how I expected it to. I expected a narrow, extra time loss and for Chelsea to then go and draw the most winnable semi final tie of the lot. For it to happen in one cup is one thing but for it to happen in both is absolutely ****ing unbelievable.

I thought we were meh, not terrible, but not great either.

As per usual our own fault for conceding utterly stupid goals. We've got to seriously work at cutting out these stupid goals next season. How many have there been this season where you can say that it's been genuine unavoidable quality? Pedro winning a header against three of our players is absolutely woeful.

Not feeling positive about us to be honest. This season will peter out to nothing now I fear.

• Like 1

A missed opportunity. The best chance we’ve had for 30 odd years to get to an FA Cup final.

I can’t shrug off my concerns about Puel. Every match there are are bewildering decisions. Iheanacho over Okazaki being today’s. Never has a match suited Shinji more than today.

He’s putting square pegs in round holes and it’s ruining some other good work he’s doing elsewhere on the pitch.

Add to that the slow, lack of urgency football and I’m concerned that next season could be so painfully boring.

38 minutes ago, Blue Ed said:

I can believe people on here having a go at Puel. We were poor first half but after then we looked the only winners in the game. There are some areas he'll probably focus on in the Summer and I think full backs has to be a priority. I think this team looks solid to push on next year and I for one am liking the style of football we are playing 

I think criticism is valid when yet again the team selection was odd.

We played ok, but no surprise that we were a lot better once we had a player at no.10 who could actually control a ball.

• Like 1

We weren't bad but I wouldn't say we were good either today, felt our first half display let us down. Think we reacted well in the second half, but just don't think we have another threat on the attacking front, we're putting to much pressure on Vardy we need another striker with a good bit of pace and can hold the ball well and as a good finish. Mahrez had another stinker, this guy just plays when he wants these days. The new lad Diabate as always looks to offer something when comes on but bringing him on with seven minutes left is just pointless.  

3 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Some ridiculous comments in here, knee jerk and embarassing. Arsenal like, grow up. Winning the league has ruined our fanbase.

Absolutely. 

I got home, expecting to read at least a few more balanced comments and appreciation that it was a hard-fought performance against Chelsea. 

The reaction is as if we'd lost to Fleetwood. 

The expectant arseholes contribute **** all to the atmosphere other than groans and it looks like loads more have been left at home too. I find myself more pissed off at our shit fans than any players. 

Yes it was frustrating and yes we made some ridiculous errors to lose a huge game, but I thought they gave their all. Apart from pissing about in a ridiculously short injury time, you can't really fault the effort too much. 

The Swansea, Stoke and Bournemouth games had far more to be pissed off about than today. Not saying you cant be upset at losing to Chelsea, but the comments about Puel are a joke.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very disappointing. Our quarter final woes carry on. Big opportunity missed.

We played well at times and our team effort was as good today as any point this season.Improved on the last 3 home games certainly. We did so well to level it but we then started to go back into our shell after. It's not like Chelsea were a level above us either.

Had a bad feeling when I saw Pedro come on and then Giroud not long after warming up. We were running on fumes a bit by extra time and didnt make subs when needed. We messed it up not bringing on Diabate sooner.The older players showed their age towards the end. Great time for Kasper but that mistake is high on the list of his most costly mistakes for us. Similar to the goal he gave away against Ireland back in November.

Unfortunately I'd say that was the last gasp for some of the unbelievable's today. Morgan and Simpson struggling as they get older, Kasper looking dicey, Mahrez on the way out. If you were Vardy you might be thinking it won't get any better at Leicester and go for one last move. Ah well it was fun while it lasted.

Hope we can put a good run for the rest of the league but can help but wonder if it will peter out.

The simple truth is we lack the quality in several areas to move into the top 6. We don't have enough players who are prepared to hold onto the Ball and pass a man. That's how you create space as Mahrez has demonstrated many times. But he can't do it alone. Maybe with Diabate in the side will help take the pressure off him.

I expect a big turnover of players this Summer.

When pedro came on i said ah feck this cvnt is going to do us in...never did i expect him to do us in with a header ffs.

Unfortunate goal that was (for us at least) but going  2-1 AET is not a bad result against chelshit. Sure we cant/nor want to always be the team on the other end of the result but is what it is.  The game was there for the taking and we didnt execute.

The only thing i dislike about puel is his lack theirof or late subs. He needs to be more decisive sooner than later.

Unlucky lads but if we had won im sure we would have got tottenham in the semis (not southampton) then got spanked which would have led to a foxestalk meltdown and servers burning/crashing.

Concentrate on finishing 7th now!

3 minutes ago, Lionheart10 said:

I just think if we had Shinji on from the start instead of Iheanacho we would have caused them more problems and I think we would have come out on top.

I think so too, Iheanacho & Diabete coming off the bench on 60, not 70+ would be positive subs once Okazaki has ran them into the ground

26 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

The simple truth is we lack the quality in several areas to move into the top 6. We don't have enough players who are prepared to hold onto the Ball and pass a man. That's how you create space as Mahrez has demonstrated many times. But he can't do it alone. Maybe with Diabate in the side will help take the pressure off him.

I expect a big turnover of players this Summer.

Is that not to be expected?  We are way off all of those teams in terms of where we are as a club, we cannot really be expected to be a top 6 club every season.  Slowly slowly.  :)