Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bryn

Leicester 1-2 Chelsea (AET) Post-Match

Starting with the rant.....

Chilwell should have taken the man out in midfield, took a yellow for the team and gave a free kick. He so naive it’s unbelievable.

Kasper Kasper Kasper WTF pick your game why don’t you!

Finally to those muppets on Radio Leicester saying there’s always next year.... i’m 50 this year I was six months old the last time we reached a final. I’ve been to one semi final in my life....Do one!!

Right now that’s out of the way I thought we played well and other than the mistakes above I thought we did ok and really didn’t deserve to lose, on the other hand we gifted them their goals and got what we deserved.

11 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Irrational demands of Puel losing his job because we lost a close fought match against Chelsea through goalkeeper error. It shouldn’t after all these years but it always shocks me the amount of tunnel vision, narrow minded, can’t see beyond the length of their nose fans we have. Do you not remember where we were before Puel? We couldn’t even pass lol 

I blame a lack of education. 

Watched the match in a pub in Baldock surrounded by Chelsea fans.

City gave them a real match. Neither team at their best, but in the second half City clearly wanted it and Vardy deserved his goal.

I wanted to add 'if not more' to equaliser but didn't. What separated the two sides was a couple of silly mistakes and Chelsea's options up front.

Chelsea have Morata and Pedro. We have Vardy, Iheanacho who is still learning his trade, and Okazaki who for all his energy is not the perfect footballer.

The last two matches have shown for me that Puel does seem to have realised that the swift and lethal counter attack which was a major part of the title success should still be part of our game.

Interesting to hear what Chelsea supporters think of us. They do think we are the best team outside the top six and they didn't think it would be foregone conclusion that they would go through. And it was Ranieri who turned them from mid-table wannabes into genuine title challengers with three successive top four finishes, something that they had never managed before.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Irrational demands of Puel losing his job because we lost a close fought match against Chelsea through goalkeeper error. It shouldn’t after all these years but it always shocks me the amount of tunnel vision, narrow minded, can’t see beyond the length of their nose fans we have. Do you not remember where we were before Puel? We couldn’t even pass lol 

Stop talking sense!

Clearly simmo cant play as an attacking full back. Chilly also looks out his depth in big games against the better half of the division. Although I cant help but admire iborra's calm on the ball, and when he plays we seem to be more selective with our play through the midfield rather than just lumping it. He is possibly better suited to a continental side or a top 5 club.

Think we gave them too much respect to be honest. Very disappointing errors to concede but we didn't really give their keeper a chance to get his knees dirty and can't really complain at the result. Might have looked different on TV but Chelsea controlled that game for my money and didn't need to get out of third gear whilst we huffed and puffed and flattered to deceive until Jamie netted. Would have liked him to have started with Fuchs and Shinji. Overall, it's becoming disappointing that the Claude can't sort his first choice XI out and take games by the scruff of the neck. 

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Am I the only one who genuinely thinks if we’d have played particularly well (just look at the real goal chances we had... not many at all), we’d have beaten a pretty average Chelsea side on the night.

I think it’s a real chance blown here tonight.

I agree to a certain extent. I don't think we were particularly bad (bar the two goals which was very poor) but we didn't do a whole lot well either. We're far too conservative on the ball, we slow the game down when we should be countering just to have possession instead of scoring. But that's crept into our play a hell alot after our initial run under Puel. We got rid of our target men and insist on floating cross after cross into the box. 

For aswell as albrighton did and as hard as he works he still seems to float alot of crosses in aimed at Vardy or mahrez and they just aren't going to win them. 

We spend the last 10 minutes of the first half minimum every game sitting incredibly deep. Today we had 3 defenders on Morata and none of them tracked him. Morgan and Simpson had to stay with him but decided to run off him. **** knows what kasper was thinking he wasn't even close. 

There's a trend that's happening in almost every game and people are willing to gloss over it with whatever hides the tactical failings. Because it is boring it is conservative and we know they're capable of more because once they're let off the leash We're suddenly a joy to watch again. 

Part of me thinks this is Puel and I wouldn't be too bothered if he were to go. Which unless we start well next season I think he will. Doubt he'll be gone this summer. 

Another part of me thinks he'll get his own players in this summer, someone with some creative capability in tight areas and cutting edge and suddenly the boring football we've been watching will suddenly be rather entertaining. 

One things for sure I seriously hope it's the later or We're in for a boring boring time. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I agree to a certain extent. I don't think we were particularly bad (bar the two goals which was very poor) but we didn't do a whole lot well either. We're far too conservative on the ball, we slow the game down when we should be countering just to have possession instead of scoring. But that's crept into our play a hell alot after our initial run under Puel. We got rid of our target men and insist on floating cross after cross into the box. 

For aswell as albrighton did and as hard as he works he still seems to float alot of crosses in aimed at Vardy or mahrez and they just aren't going to win them. 

We spend the last 10 minutes of the first half minimum every game sitting incredibly deep. Today we had 3 defenders on Morata and none of them tracked him. Morgan and Simpson had to stay with him but decided to run off him. **** knows what kasper was thinking he wasn't even close. 

There's a trend that's happening in almost every game and people are willing to gloss over it with whatever hides the tactical failings. Because it is boring it is conservative and we know they're capable of more because once they're let off the leash We're suddenly a joy to watch again. 

Part of me thinks this is Puel and I wouldn't be too bothered if he were to go. Which unless we start well next season I think he will. Doubt he'll be gone this summer. 

Another part of me thinks he'll get his own players in this summer, someone with some creative capability in tight areas and cutting edge and suddenly the boring football we've been watching will suddenly be rather entertaining. 

One things for sure I seriously hope it's the later or We're in for a boring boring time. 

Good post

We have loaned 3 forwards out at xmas.

2 of thoughs Where  big target men (ulloa and slimani). Am I the only one who felt towards the end when we where trying to sling high balls into the box, the game was crying out for one of those two mentioned above to be getting there heads on it ?! Instead we had vardy and okazaki (neither above 5ft 10) to aim at!

Bitterly disappointed because the game was there for the taking! But I thought the players gave 100% and at times we controlled a team who are the current champions and started with players like hazard, Kante and morata - I don’t see the  hate for CP, its like fans can’t separate disappointment and thinking everyone is crap and useless. Ok kasper made a massive mistake but first he made a great double save and made an amazing save at a crucial time last week. That’s football. 

Poor first half, excellent second half. If we'd have nicked it in normal time I'd say we deserved to win.

But, it was a very close, hard-fought game. I know we're a bit up and down but it's so good to see us play the way we did in the second half and dominate against a top side.

I think our weaknesses lie in the final ball and how we're not really that capable of recycling the play when there's no way through. We're not quite able to pull defenders around and find the gaps. But we're getting there.

Before Shakespeare was sacked we were playing the worst football in the league. The away fixture against Bournemouth was the spawniest point we've gained this season and probably the worst I've seen us play since we were promoted.

Puel has simultaneously changed our style of play, led us to comfortable safety in the league, take us to the quarter final of the FA Cup, and give us the genuine belief that we're just a few signings away from being a real force in the division again.

Just one man's opinion, but I think much of the criticism is highly unwarranted. I think we're going places.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Not read all the pages

not sure if any one mentioned, but it was disappointing to see Silva basically give up when Hazzard went past him - baring in mind he had been on the pitch for about 5 minutes against someone playing for nearly 2 hours 

That was disappointing I agree and puzzling. Nothing more to add other than perhaps with the exception of Albrighton it personified our lack of urgency for much of the game.

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

33 minutes ago, Livid said:

Starting with the rant.....

Chilwell should have taken the man out in midfield, took a yellow for the team and gave a free kick. He so naive it’s unbelievable.

Kasper Kasper Kasper WTF pick your game why don’t you!

Finally to those muppets on Radio Leicester saying there’s always next year.... i’m 50 this year I was six months old the last time we reached a final. I’ve been to one semi final in my life....Do one!!

Right now that’s out of the way I thought we played well and other than the mistakes above I thought we did ok and really didn’t deserve to lose, on the other hand we gifted them their goals and got what we deserved.

Same here, the years are just ticking by, this was the year.