Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bryn

Leicester 1-2 Chelsea (AET) Post-Match

1 minute ago, dayday said:

Felt sick leaving the game and made worse knowing we would of been playing Southampton, this was our year, 2 awful bits of defending cost us.

Or maybe Mahrez could have passed the ball instead of waiting for 3 players to surround him. Second goal, I agree was keeper error.

7 minutes ago, Parafox said:

So are Chilwell and Kasper our weak links?

What about Morgan, Nacho, Simpson? Even Iborra?

Morgan > Iborra > Kasper > Simpson > Nacho > Chilwell

(Though I'd only say Simpson is weaker than Kasper because of Puel's style of play. Works fine if we want to sit back, but he's never going to be an attacking full-back)

Edited by Charl91

Just now, Harry - LCFC said:

We played well and deserved a draw at the of extra time. Bad error for their second.

Calling the manager or this or that player 'shit' is just unthinking frustration.

is it? Watched this team week in week out

Thought we played well today, Chelsea were on the ropes so disappointing not to take them, We moan about Chilwell not knowing what to do when he comes forward but compared to Simpson, I thought Fuchs was more suited to play today. Kasper made a mistake and it cost ud but made a great save earlier which could have cost us not getting the extra time, I think Kasper is still a really good keeper. I was surprised when Puel made no more changes in extra time, it was clear we needed fresh legs but shouting for his head is ridiculous, lets see what he does in the summer and there afterwards. On a plus 7th spot probably a European place, let's go get it

32 minutes ago, Berlinfox said:

We're all disappointed, but there are some over the top reactions here. Of course there were some mistakes, but overall I thought we played pretty well. 

Some people evidently get no enjoyment from football. They should just pack it in if a 1-2 AET loss to the reigning champions is cause for meltdown.

Let’s be honest - they never got out of second gear because they didn’t have the energy. And we blew the opportunity 

alonso, Moses, hazard etc etc etc - it was only NG who held them together. Ever since we got rid of a target man we have spent plenty of games working the ball wide to cross it - for who ????

i really wouldn’t be surprised to see Albrighton moved to right back for the rest of the season. Working it wide to Simpson is sadly pointless. Puel will persist with chilwell before making a decision on whether he brings in back up or replacement.

Very disappointing with not just our shit football, but our absolute shite atmosphere, Qfinal at home on a Sunday night AT HOME, dark dark days, poor poor effort, from the stands and onto the pitch!! PUEL OUT,  absolutely nothing atmosphere is a flipping joke, better atmosphere from a Scottish league 3 side POOR 

Edited by lestajigs

Just now, Koke said:

Some people evidently get no enjoyment from football. They should just pack it in if a 1-2 AET loss to the reigning champions is cause for meltdown.

No offence, Koke. But based on today's showing and the symptomatic deficiencies at LCFC under Puel in both league and cup competitions this season, you're clutching a bit at straws with "losing against the reigning champions" as your main/only selling point in the team's defense.

Chelsea are... were on a rather mediocre run of results, allegedly pumped out after their CL games against Barcelona and didn't really play that well at the KP this evening. They were clearly there for the taking, but our players and manager were a bit in a different mood.

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

They were spent  - you think the few  teams we beat last season consoled themselves that we were champions? 

The Chelsea that came and bossed us in September were miles away from today’s side. 

4 minutes ago, sishades said:

Remember chaps that 3 years ago city were bottom of the league 7 points adrift needing snookers to stay up. I think a reality check is in order.

Yes true, but I think we are going backwards  now not forwards 

• Like 1

Disappointing result but a decent performance and we had a real go. They scored through 2 mistakes rather than opening us up. 

8th in the league, top 8 in both cups. That’s probably a fair reflection of where we are the moment. Good / ok but not great. We are all desperate to be more competitive but it will need something extra to get us there. 

Lots of reasons to be optimistic but the fear is how we replace Mahrez when he goes. Had an OK game today and yet still the player that made the goal happen. I feel like right now adding just one really good player on the level of Mahrez / Vardy, ideally of the creative type would make all the difference. My hope is we somehow convince Riyad to sign a new contract and then get another quality player in. 

Edited by StriderHiryu

I think too many people are waiting for Puel to fail just because he is not flamboyant as a person. Negative football blah blah blah.

Did we not win our last game 4-1 away? Were we top 3 or bottom 3 before he came in? Delusions of Grandeur from a lot of posters on here!!

We all need to wait until he has the chance to get his own players in this summer. The Mercury says he will be heavily backed and he has earned the right to get the chance to build his team.

• Like 4

Although Chelsea are playing poor they still have the quality to beat most teams in the league. You can't switch off any time during the game because players like Willian, hazard, morata etc will punish you. Was a decent game from what I seen of it and If not for kasper mad moment could have been different. Season isn't finished yet still fighting for 7th place with some decent home games left to pick up some points.  Not a lot you can do about the full backs until the summer so it will be the same problem now until the end of the season unfortunately. I think when puel has a few of his own players in next season we will challenge for top 6 again and hopefully prioritise a cup and put the strongest team out in every round. people that are not happy with puel will hate it more if we sack him and get pardew, Moyes or allardyce in when they all get sacked at the end of the season