Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bryn

Leicester 1-2 Chelsea (AET) Post-Match

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

I saw no end of Chelsea fans chucking bottles and chip wrappers on the floor outside of the burger van. Filthy animals. They were next to a bin ; I thought they were supposed to be affluent and well mannered in Chelsea. Absolute disgrace. 

Not sure many are from Kesington 

25 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I missed the game live so watching it now, but everyone seems to be slagging of Kelechi, from what I see (just got subbed), he made one mistake, being the poor pass to Mahrez. His link-up play looked much better than the other times we've seen him start against PL teams. Wasn't anywhere near as bad as the way some Leicester fans made out. Just had an average game.

Same goes for Chilwell. Doesn't seem to want to cross (although did put an absolute peach in), but makes good runs to stretch the defence. Not seen any massive errors.

More knee-jerk reactions or am I missing it?

I agree, thought Ineacho was ok, same with Chilwell, and I was there so not influenced by tv commentary. Bloody Kasper though, been saying it for years, he's not good enough. Going to bed before the shit storm starts

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

I agree, thought Ineacho was ok, same with Chilwell, and I was there so not influenced by tv commentary. Bloody Kasper though, been saying it for years, he's not good enough. Going to bed before the shit storm starts

Just got into extra time, Kasper made some great match winning saves right at the end of the 90' though. Not seen Pedro's goal yet, but by all accounts it was a stinker. Win some, lose some.

e: Oh there it is, yep, that was an absolute stinker.

Edited by Beechey

I have got to say that Chelsea was in full command of the game today. As previously stated, they did not have to get out of second gear!!

They rarely gave the ball away and constantly found thier men in space as we were chasing shadows. What we seem to be reluctant to do is to put our feet into tackles and made it a more physical encounter but we never won the 50/50 battles and allowed them to pass their way of trouble even thought there are  three Leicester players surrounding him.

We seem to be caught between the counter attacking game and the possesion game which made for a disjointed performance. Mahrez had a game on the periphery and seemed lightweight throughout. Albrighton got better and better throughout the game and was certainly a contender for the overall man of the match but Kante was I think the difference in the game with his work rate,reading of the game and his drive with the ball, which we lacked anyone taking such an inniative to attempt to grab the game by the scruff of its neck. Disappointed with Iborras'  inability to steady the midfield and Ndidi needs to take more responsibility with the ball, he seems to pass to a team mate irrespective if that person is marked and needs to start to make decision to release players in pace and not just to lay it off because he has seen someone with the same shirt out of the corner of his eye.

Diabate needs to start games as five minutes here and ten minutes there do not help him or the team gel as it is not easy to gain an understanding when you do not play on a reqular basis.

Have to say Morgan had a good game today. He was our best defender.

For all the people wanting Dragovic playing, there is not much difference in ability between Morgan and Dragovic.

Obviously Dragovic is younger and we should be looking to the future, but if he’s not a better defender than our captain you can understand why he isn’t the preferred choice. I think it’s true we’ve missed Morgan’s leadership and presence on the pitch. The CB who eventually replaces Morgan also needs to be a leader and an influence on/off the pitch, not just a guy that can play out from the back.

Edited by foxes21
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Have to say Morgan had a good game today. He was our best defender.

For all the people wanting Dragovic playing, there is not much difference in ability between Morgan and Dragovic.

Obviously Dragovic is younger and we should be looking to the future, but if he’s not a better defender than our captain you can understand why he isn’t the preferred choice. I think it’s true we’ve missed Morgan’s leadership and presence on the pitch. The CB who eventually replaces Morgan also needs to be a leader and an influence on/off the pitch, not just a guy that can play out from the back.

There is. Not in defendng but in reading the game bring the ball forward which is crucial in Puel's system. I can't fault Morgan he's done a great job every time he wa one the pitch but Dragovic should be a key player in Puel's system. And Morgan is 34.

This point will be soon moot as soon as Drago will be snapped by another PL club willing to give him a real chance.

I realy do get why most of you are getting on Casper’s back. If he pulls of a top save you cheer his name then a clanger later he needs to go wow. We played well one mistake let us down In the end and it was still a good Chelsea side out there. We ain’t no top 4 side people think we are it’s mad 

People can be happy with this, but it shows a lack of ambition. This team is good enough to commit to attacking teams at home. We need Iborra and Silva on the field at the same time, as other players haven't the foggiest idea what to do with a well-defended box in front of them. hell, we don't know that even they can do it, but we need to try something, and they are our best chances.

6 hours ago, Beechey said:

I missed the game live so watching it now, but everyone seems to be slagging of Kelechi, from what I see (just got subbed), he made one mistake, being the poor pass to Mahrez. His link-up play looked much better than the other times we've seen him start against PL teams. Wasn't anywhere near as bad as the way some Leicester fans made out. Just had an average game.

Same goes for Chilwell. Doesn't seem to want to cross (although did put an absolute peach in), but makes good runs to stretch the defence. Not seen any massive errors.

More knee-jerk reactions or am I missing it?

No he was terrible, it wasn't just that shocking pass, there were a couple of times he was given a through ball and he just gave up on them when he could have probably got to them. He'd just stop running. There were many times that he made the wrong run and hindered vardys natural game. He looks like a player who just can't be arsed (or has a real lack of confidence). With regards to Chilwell, yes he can drive run with the ball, but that's it, he can't defend and he can't cross. There were so many times that maguire and Morgan had to shift over to the left and therefore simmo going more central and then leaving Willian acres of space. Tbh they were not the only 2 players that were poor yesterday, Kasper for his obvious mistake but also his distribution. Vardy missing that free header. Mahrez misplacing passes all evening and Puel taking too long to make changes. 

On a brighter note, Albrighton probably had his best game this season, Iborra was calm on the ball and again Diabate looked very good when he came on (should have been on a lot earlier) 

Kinell. Wish we made as much noise as this in the stadium. I'm not disappointed with any of the season. Glad we've finally learnt a different way to play as much as I miss that counter attacking intent. Wouldn't hurt to see a bit of both to be fair but our teams come a long way in a very short time. We're doing really well imo. Burnley's a bloody big game then - looking forward. 

I don’t really get this idea where Chelsea controlled the game other than twenty minutes in the first half. I did see a Chelsea team what played a huge amount of long ball passes once we got our shape right and pressed their back three. Like ridiculously hoofing towards their front three. They have an absolute king in midfield who can win every second ball going unfortunately. Also thought for a support of nearly 6,000; they weren’t great noise wise but neither were we from the odd moment. 

The pressing from us in the second half was far like a Leicester team ‘of old’. Personally I’m gutted, what a missed opportunity where two silly mistakes cost us. Combined with better ball retention. 

I don’t really get the criticism of Simpson. Because he’s the only available right back we could have played. So there was no other option. 

Chilwell, who I’m not a huge fan of, did surprisingly well against Willian. The first goal he just learns to take him out and take the yellow. Again the other option there is Fuchs; whose part retired and spends half his week travelling (NYC or London).  Puel will give Chilwell the next eight game simply to give him the experience of PL football. 

Like I say I’m gutted. Messed up another quarter final. Silly mistakes 3 of em cost us - the two goals and the non selection of Shinji to start 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

That was our best chance to win the FA Cup in years. If we went for it we could have had them. Don't think they were extraordinary and we had them against the ropes a few times. 

If you read page 18 & 19 on the Chelsea forum, you would think the people on here were at a different game....I get disappointment, and I am, but we have taken a full strength Chelsea all the way.....we are the 8th best team in the country at the minute, they are the 5th best team, with three truly outstanding players, including our former best player.....get real, we were playing Blackpool 5 years ago....

Just now, Reg Vardy said:

If you read page 18 & 19 on the Chelsea forum, you would think the people on here were at a different game....I get disappointment, and I am, but we have taken a full strength Chelsea all the way.....we are the 8th best team in the country at the minute, they are the 5th best team, with three truly outstanding players, including our former best player.....get real, we were playing Blackpool 5 years ago....

Sadly, the people you refer to generally need their nappy changing as soon as something doesn't go their way.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I don’t really get this idea where Chelsea controlled the game other than twenty minutes in the first half. I did see a Chelsea team what played a huge amount of long ball passes once we got our shape right and pressed their back three. Like ridiculously hoofing towards their front three. They have an absolute king in midfield who can win every second ball going unfortunately. Also thought for a support of nearly 6,000; they weren’t great noise wise but neither were we from the odd moment. 

The pressing from us in the second half was far like a Leicester team ‘of old’. Personally I’m gutted, what a missed opportunity where two silly mistakes cost us. Combined with better ball retention. 

I don’t really get the criticism of Simpson. Because he’s the only available right back we could have played. So there was no other option. 

Chilwell, who I’m not a huge fan of, did surprisingly well against Willian. The first goal he just learns to take him out and take the yellow. Again the other option there is Fuchs; whose part retired and spends half his week travelling (NYC or London).  Puel will give Chilwell the next eight game simply to give him the experience of PL football. 

Like I say I’m gutted. Messed up another quarter final. Silly mistakes 3 of em cost us - the two goals and the non selection of Shinji to start 

Good post.

I am gutted too... i thought it was our year.

Puel says our performance had quality and desire.

We lost coz we only scored one goal in 120 mins.   Ok kasper made a mistake.  But we created so few real chances. .. chilwell had lots of ball.. to no end.

Puel needs to look at what we do with posession. .. the swansea stoke Bournemouth and chelsea games all showed out lack of ideas to break thru in the last third.

Diabate shows how to run thru... are we practicing this?  It doesn't show if we are. 

We lost coz we only scored one.  We had loads of posession.  Chelsea still had enough posession to chalk up two

Edited by foxinsocks

Still fuming. Don't think we'd have scored in an extra two minutes but not having it added on just feels like we've been cheated.

Dont know what game half the people on here were at, it was a very even game and if we'd walked away 2-1 winners Chelsea could have had no complaints - they had a spell of pressure for about fifteen minutes in an otherwise scrappy first half, but the goal aside, which came from a quick break, I don't remember that pressure coming to any real chances.

second half we came out the blocks, fully deserved the equaliser and looked likely to get a second but just run out of time. That said, I got rather annoyed by Puel about 10 minutes from time - we were all over them, playing fast and aggressive and the crowd was responding in kind. Stuck his foot on the ball and told them to calm down. No, keep at them.

Felt pawson was favouring them with some rather soft decisions, but **** me that extra time was a disgrace. No way is that not bent, failing to operate a stopwatch properly (Giroud was down for longer than that without considering anything else) can't be explained away by the usual suspicion of just rank incompetence.  To then not play the full minute anyway and blow up while we were on the attack... 

• Like 1

Possession doesn't win games, webas a fan base know this more than most. I think we played ok yesterday, nothing special, we looked dangerous and it looked to me the team CP chose was a more attacking line up that I was expecting so I was happy about that. The only problem was the way he expects the players we have to build up play and attack as if we are Barca. He needs to unearth some more gems like Diabate and bin off the wasters like Gray and Nacho. 

If we were to play like we did yesterday and have a couple of better players in the attacking 3rd I'll be happy. If he keeps expecting the players we have to be able to change who they are and how they play I can't see him lasting.