Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ARTY_FOX

Sea of thieves

3 of my friends got sunk and killed by a solo player last night, I have no idea how. It takes 99% of focus to steer the ship solo! lol

Don't know how to hide a post in case of spoilers so I won't comment too much at the minute as to not spoil the fun  but there's so much going on and that you don't expect. The concept is so simple which I think is what makes it so great. Just go be a pirate. 

This game has really caught my eye but my Xbox is basically gathering dust and not been a Gold member for ages so not willing to pay £40 for the game plus then the gold membership fee as well. Does that Game pass thing need a gold membership too or is it all built into the fee?

1 hour ago, syston_fox said:

This game has really caught my eye but my Xbox is basically gathering dust and not been a Gold member for ages so not willing to pay £40 for the game plus then the gold membership fee as well. Does that Game pass thing need a gold membership too or is it all built into the fee?

From what I can tell I think you need the Xbox live subscription too, but you might find a free trial in some of your old games? 

Think I may have made an error buying this really. 

Looks pretty much shit to play on your own. Should have done a bit of due diligence. I mean don't get me wrong, it looks superb, but it's definitely one to play with mates isn't it? 

I got a sloop with no crew and I can barely sail straight let alone run to change the sails, fire cannons, etc. 

I mean it makes sense obviously. No question. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Looks pretty much shit to play on your own. Should have done a bit of due diligence. I mean don't get me wrong, it looks superb, but it's definitely one to play with mates isn't it? 

I got a sloop with no crew and I can barely sail straight let alone run to change the sails, fire cannons, etc. 

It's definitely easier with a crew, but it's do-able on your own when you get used to it. 

43 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It's definitely easier with a crew, but it's do-able on your own when you get used to it. 

But even then ****ing tedious. It's not really designed to be played solo let's be fair. I should have checked first. 

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

AHAAA RICH I'D BE YE PIRATE BUDDY!

But unfortunately this is getting an absolute slating from gamers and press alike so I'm not buying it.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Just now, stripeyfox said:

It sounds great, but it is getting a panning left, right and centre. 

Like No Man's Sky on the high seas.

Maybe they will flesh it out with more content (NMS is pretty good now, actually)

I can imagine it is actually

Folk need to learn though, Finish your game then release it, not release it then finish it a year later. Happening more and more these days, Street Fighter V, NMS, now this.

4 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

AHAAA RICH I'D BE YE PIRATE BUDDY!

But unfortunately this is getting an absolute slating from gamers and press alike so I'm not buying it.

Didn't you cross to the PlayStation darkside? If you do get it on Xbox I'm more than happy to join you in murdering kids and taking their stuff. 

Is this the Ubisoft game? I'm on ps4 so I won't be playing it but how does it stack up against what ubi did with pirates in assasins creed black flag? 

On 3/22/2018 at 21:43, toddybad said:

Is this the Ubisoft game? I'm on ps4 so I won't be playing it but how does it stack up against what ubi did with pirates in assasins creed black flag? 

its a Rare game. and certain things work but to compare to AC i would say the boat is better but there is no contest on storyline/quests etc.