Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Brighton Away post match 2-0

6 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Big shout out to Gray. Only had one real opportunity to affect the game offensively and played the CORRECT ball in for Vardy to tap-in.

He did very well, was put out of his stride by a poor ball by Diabate and left he a lot to do. 

2 hours ago, SydenhamFox said:

I never successfully record goals, but some weird sixth sense was with me on Saturday and managed to capture both of em! :thumbup:

Lovely to get such a great view of our gorgeous fans celebrating too! :scarf:

That first one is absolute scenes. Proper angsty celebration that.

Adding to the Brighton stadium debate. You really have to stay the evening making it worth your while. The train/bus or parking nearby the ground make it an utter pain. Saturday I didn’t have to get back as I stayed the weekend and this meant I stayed in the concourse at full time until 5.45. It wasn’t at all bad in there with highlights of the game and then the 5.30 kick off.

There’s some great pubs when you search off the Main Street leading to the station. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Sadly, some did. They just didn't have the platform, some people near me used to do nothing but moan during the best of times under O'Neill. The football was "boring", players were "shit" etc etc... sounds familiar. 

O’Neil nearly walked after a few games too. Didn’t we draw about 6/7 on the bounce? He was getting pelters. If many sections of ‘our faithful’ had had their way, the history of the football club would have been completely different. 

Fine margins.

They ain’t none as fickle as football fans.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Of course I am not saying we should be happy with mediocrity and not wish for more but the level of negativity on here is certainly not proportional to our 3rd best season in 40 years.  X

We're just missing drama, so many years people have had a focus. Play offs, titles, relegation battles etc. This is the first time in ages that there is little to play for, most people don't particularly care about the Europa League as it's been shit on in this country for so long it's treated like a joke. 

Without it, comes a bit of a malaise.... or they genuinely miserable feckers who are never happy. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

The funny thing is we are on our way to our second best finish in 20 years and our 3rd best in about 45 years.  Under O'Neill when we finished 8th I was buzzing.  Where did all the joy go?  X

Two years ago was fantastic but it's going to put a downer on supporting us for years unfortunately.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Of course I am not saying we should be happy with mediocrity and not wish for more but the level of negativity on here is certainly not proportional to our 3rd best season in 40 years.  X

Top midlands side.... Very rare!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not just fickle, but sometimes absurdly short-sighted.

Yeah I was one. Although I didn’t blame O’Neill. I had a go at the chairman. He rang me up one Sunday morning to discuss my letter. Great timing as I was still steaming from the night before. Told him to get his wallet out and back the manager. 

• Haha 1

Who's for a mass pitch invasion with our wilies and boobies out flapping in the wind to show our appreciation?  I might get "Thank You Owners & Come On You Beautiful Foxes" tattooed on my wang for extra effect.

(Second thoughts, an "LCFC" tattoo might be all I can fit).   X

Edited by RumbleFox

12 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Yeah I was one. Although I didn’t blame O’Neill. I had a go at the chairman. He rang me up one Sunday morning to discuss my letter. Great timing as I was still steaming from the night before. Told him to get his wallet out and back the manager. 

Well good for you on several counts - sincerely. It takes some chutzpah to write, and you must have got through to him if he called you up. Imagine that happening nowadays?

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Well good for you on several counts - sincerely. It takes some chutzpah to write, and you must have got through to him if he called you up. Imagine that happening nowadays?

Never would these days. Probably need a translator anyway. 

I think if Burnley finish in the top 10, they can look back on a decent season which sees them heading in the right direction.

Only 7 away points in 19 games last season, but already 24 away points from 16 this season, with Watford, Stoke and Arsenal to play.

17 hours ago, Col city fan said:

O’Neil nearly walked after a few games too. Didn’t we draw about 6/7 on the bounce? He was getting pelters. If many sections of ‘our faithful’ had had their way, the history of the football club would have been completely different. 

Fine margins.

They ain’t none as fickle as football fans.

Yeah, Pearson out.

Offered little in the first half. On the back foot for the majority of the second until Schmeichel made the save and then played some decent stuff. Knicked it. Thought Maguire had a good game. MOTM Schmeichel for the penalty save which swung it in our favour and few handy saves either side of it. 

Credit to Diabaté and Gray. Both made some lively attacking runs in their short appearances which gave Mahrez an opportunity to pull the strings more and gave Vardy some more freedom. Between them they worked the build up to the second goal well too. 

On 02/04/2018 at 20:45, HighPeakFox said:

Keep it up Peaky, some of the words you use are an education in themselves. :)

wsj102177.JPG