Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ukrainian goalkeeper Andriy Lunin

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

If we are interested surely the temptation to come here as a number 2 is a lot more persuasive. He wouldn’t be guaranteed as there number 3 goalie either as they have Ward down there too.

If I was him I'd be going to Liverpool. He's not going there to be 3rd/4th choice and he'd probably fancy himself to be No1 there in a season or two looking at his competition. It's not like going to another top six team with the likes of De Gea, Courtois, Lloris or Ederson to displace.

If Liverpool are interested we're out of the running unless he's coming here as Schmeichel's replacement.

I'd be surprised if we have any incoming Goalkeepers. Hamer said he wants to play football, so he'll probably go, gifting the no2 keeper position to Jakupovic. With Daniel Iversen from the development squad becoming third choice. I only see there being changes if Schmeichel has an outstanding World Cup and is head hunted.

1 hour ago, Spicer said:

I'd be surprised if we have any incoming Goalkeepers. Hamer said he wants to play football, so he'll probably go, gifting the no2 keeper position to Jakupovic. With Daniel Iversen from the development squad becoming third choice. I only see there being changes if Schmeichel has an outstanding World Cup and is head hunted.

I'd agree, but bizarrely the coaching staff don't seem to rate Jakupovic. So it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see him move on. Very strange situation with him.

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

I'd agree, but bizarrely the coaching staff don't seem to rate Jakupovic. So it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see him move on. Very strange situation with him.

Good point. If he goes as well, do you reckon they'll sign somebody or is Iversen ready?

2 hours ago, Spicer said:

Good point. If he goes as well, do you reckon they'll sign somebody or is Iversen ready?

I've seen next to nothing of him apart from in those occasional U23 games that get streamed, so no idea unfortunately. You feel maybe he needs some time out on loan somewhere though - I'm sure someone mentioned he wanted to go out on loan this yeat, but we blocked it.

15 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

If we are interested surely the temptation to come here as a number 2 is a lot more persuasive. He wouldn’t be guaranteed as there number 3 goalie either as they have Ward down there too.

There's literally no way coming here as number 2 can be a better pull than joining Liverpool in any form.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

No chance of him coming here rather than Liverpool.

That depends on him coming here as first choice which is more likely if Puel stays after the rumoured fall out with Schmeichel.

44 minutes ago, Gerard said:

That depends on him coming here as first choice which is more likely if Puel stays after the rumoured fall out with Schmeichel.

Let's be honest, he could easily be number 1 at Liverpool, Kasper a far more established number 1 at LCFC than any of the keepers at Liverpool.

• 2 weeks later...

https://sport.ua/news/387316-liverpul-nachal-peregovory-po-luninu

Yesterday's failure of Loris Karius in the Champions League final forced Liverpool to start looking for a new goalkeeper. Andrei Lunin can replace the German in Liverpool. According to Zbirna.com, representatives of the English club before the Champions League final have already met with the leadership of "Dawn" and discussed the transfer of the goalkeeper. Indirectly, the information was confirmed by the general director of "Zarya" Sergei Rafailov: "Indeed, we met with representatives of two English clubs, but I would not like to advertise their names. "Napoli" and "Inter"? Yes, they also have an interest, and the Neapolitans have advanced the most in the negotiations at the moment. "

Just now, Clever Fox said:

This is what happens when you drag your feet with signings. Haven't we learned anything from the 14 seconds debacle.

It's now turned into an auction. We need to be proactive with Target rather than reactive.

I think the words 'Ricardo Pereira' prove that something has been learnt.

By the way, how do we know that this link to LCFC is in any legitimate anyway? People are so quick to get excited at anything the 'sources' burp in our direction - 'reactive', if you will....

Pereira was a Month ago and nothing since. What are our staff doing?. I'm well aware some players keep their options open. I just have the feeling that we're not a bit proactive when it comes to signings. You have to get in your Car or on a Plane and convince people we're the Club to join. It's the personal touch that very often makes the difference.

As for the credibility of the source it came from his club I believe, and given that it's reported that Hamer and Jakupovic 

want out it's reasonable to assume that it's true, that we are after another Keeper.

I haven't seen Lunin play but a Ukraine International Keeper at 19 for a reported 6 million seems a no Brainer. Given the money we've speculated on other young players.

Anyway with a first team place available at Liverpool I doubt if hes coming here now.

36 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think the words 'Ricardo Pereira' prove that something has been learnt.

By the way, how do we know that this link to LCFC is in any legitimate anyway? People are so quick to get excited at anything the 'sources' burp in our direction - 'reactive', if you will....

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Pereira was a Month ago and nothing since. What are our staff doing?. I'm well aware some players keep their options open. I just have the feeling that we're not a bit proactive when it comes to signings. You have to get in your Car or on a Plane and convince people we're the Club to join. It's the personal touch that very often makes the difference.

As for the credibility of the source it came from his club I believe, and given that it's reported that Hamer and Jakupovic 

want out it's reasonable to assume that it's true, that we are after another Keeper.

I haven't seen Lunin play but a Ukraine International Keeper at 19 for a reported 6 million seems a no Brainer. Given the money we've speculated on other young players.

Anyway with a first team place available at Liverpool I doubt if hes coming here now.

It was one week ago, nobody else has been signing players.

I reckon our guys say let’s take our time. Leave it to the last possible

moment. Give new signings as little

time  to settle in as possible. Let other teams bid and drive the price up. Yes. That’s what they set out to do. I bet it’s down to a deliberate strategy on our part. I can’t imagine any other reason for a delay with new signings whatsoever.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Sometimes it will be the players taking their time and assessing their options.

Lunin sounds like a bargain but I suspect the only chance we have of landing him would be if we said he was coming here as first choice.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

As for the credibility of the source it came from his club I believe. 

A month ago? Really? Are you really that panicked that you just ignore evidence to the contrary? 

You ask what the staff are doing, and then go on to suggest the very thing they might indeed be doing. If they are, they're not going to tell the likes of us. 

As for Lunin's club linking us, that's likely using us to up the price. 

Edited by HighPeakFox

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

This is what happens when you drag your feet with signings. Haven't we learned anything from the 14 seconds debacle.

It's now turned into an auction. We need to be proactive with Target rather than reactive.

42 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Of course the club are being proactive. As will the players agent. With multiple interested parties it is not in the interest of either the selling club, agent or player to do a quick deal. Particularly with the smallest of the interested teams. You're on another planet if you think otherwise.