Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ukrainian goalkeeper Andriy Lunin

Ukrainian goalkeeper Andriy Lunin is one of the most promising footballers in the International football panorama and his agent Irakli Khvedeliani has confirmed that Juventus and Inter are interested in welcoming the player’s services.

Talking to FcInternews, the football players’ agent said: “I am the player’s representative at the moment but officially Lunin has no agent. I am working on the future of his career alongside his father at the moment. I have received no offers yet.”

“I know Inter, Juve, RB Salzburg and Leicester City are interested in signing him but for the moment there were no concrete bids. Lunin has already made senior national team debut despite being born in 1999. He could join a top club right away, he can already play at very high levels. According to the information that I have, his price-tag is around € 6 million.”

Italian media have been linking the promising Ukraine keeper with a move to Liverpool as well but the player’s agent has not confirmed the interest of the Reds.

Lunin.Zorya.Ostersund.201718.controllo.3

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Good. We need competition for our number one spot.

So I take Iversen won't ever play for us then?

Looking at the list of clubs he won't sit on our bench unless we pay silly money.

8 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Looking at the list of clubs he won't sit on our bench unless we pay silly money.

Competition is good, he might end up being our number one. For all that Kasper has done, and yes he saved a pen on Saturday, he's still made several mistakes this season.

22 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Good. We need competition for our number one spot.

So I take Iversen won't ever play for us then?

i doubt there will ever be competiton for the number one spot as long as Schmeichel is at the club.

Iversen's carer has stalled this season by playing another season in U23s developement football. Ideally, he should have been out on loan playing senior football but would appear that winning the U23 league was more important..?!? 

Edited by Foxy-Lady

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

He's exactly the kind of profile we want as our No2 goalkeeper.

He's probably too young to expect to start for a club of our level or higher but he will gradually put the pressure on Kasper and all going well will replace him at some point in the next two or three years. If we get Europa League football we could probably convince him to sign by telling him he'll be selected for the cup competitions at least until if or when we get to the latter stages.

3 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

i doubt there will ever be competiton for the number one spot as long as Schmeichel is at the club.

Iversen's carer has stalled this season by playing another season in U23s developement football. Ideally, he should have been out on loan playing senior football but would appear that winning the U23 league was more important..?!? 

The reality is most of the lads playing U23 football will be at lower league teams at their peaks. I never really expected Iversen to step up as a first team player for us. We're doing well if we get one player every two years to step up to the first team squad as a regular.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Nice to see promising keepers being linked. I've wondered if we might take a look at Timo Horn as Koln are looking all but down, excellent potential.

Cannot wait for that headline in the Mercury - ‘Puel’s got the Horn’

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

The reality is most of the lads playing U23 football will be at lower league teams at their peaks. I never really expected Iversen to step up as a first team player for us. We're doing well if we get one player every two years to step up to the first team squad as a regular.

I agree. 

But it doesnt help Iversen (or other young players) future career prospects in the lower leagues if they are not even given the opportunties to develope...

Would not be surprised at all if Kasper handed in a request this summer. Not in a disrespecting way but in a 'what more can I do here' kind of way, especially if we miss out on Europa.

42 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Would not be surprised at all if Kasper handed in a request this summer. Not in a disrespecting way but in a 'what more can I do here' kind of way, especially if we miss out on Europa.

I don't think Kasper will get a better club than us and if he does it won't be as No1.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

I don't think Kasper will get a better club than us and if he does it won't be as No1.

Not necessarily better but he could probably easy find an interesting gig abroad that he could see as a new project. 

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

I hope he does

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Neither do I.

I think it could be time for us to upgrade at the keeper position and bring in an elite level keeper. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's such a shame we didn't get Europa cup football.

This is exactly the profile of a player I want as our No2 goalkeeper. He's 19 and already capped by Ukraine but probably not quite ready to replace Kaspar. If we could have offered him to play in our cup games he'd have got some decent game time to put pressure on Kaspar but feel we have little to offer him to come here to play development football and sit on the bench.

27 minutes ago, Gerard said:

It's such a shame we didn't get Europa cup football.

This is exactly the profile of a player I want as our No2 goalkeeper. He's 19 and already capped by Ukraine but probably not quite ready to replace Kaspar. If we could have offered him to play in our cup games he'd have got some decent game time to put pressure on Kaspar but feel we have little to offer him to come here to play development football and sit on the bench.

Agreed, although I would try persuade him by promising him to play in every domestic cup game we have.

I'll say again, money really does help and a decent wage would be very persuasive.

Schmeichel for me has always had strengths that outweigh his weaknesses, but over the last season and a half, you could argue that has flipped around.

We either go big and replace him with a Pope or Butland (unlikely!) or we keep him as our No.1 but have a very real threat to his place, rather than a blatant back-up!