Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Costock_Fox

Exercise

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

No....

fvck off....

get fvcked!!!!

seriously, well done being able to even complete that shit!

Cheers, mate. :)

It's the same route I do three times a week but only carrying a day pack and at a more leisurely pace. It's all about knowing my capabilities/limitations - if I'm out hiking wilderness trails and the weather closes in, it helps with the decision whether to hunker down or keep going.

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

Cheers, mate. :)

It's the same route I do three times a week but only carrying a day pack and at a more leisurely pace. It's all about knowing my capabilities/limitations - if I'm out hiking wilderness trails and the weather closes in, it helps with the decision whether to hunker down or keep going.

lol furthest ive ever walked is from my car, to the KP lol

By the way... this happened  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-31/hikers-attacked-on-bibbulmun-track-near-perth/10055188  last week on the Bibbulmum.... never seen anything like it :O

3 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

lol furthest ive ever walked is from my car, to the KP lol

Don't knock it, Oz, that's about 12,000 miles! :o

3 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

By the way... this happened  http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-31/hikers-attacked-on-bibbulmun-track-near-perth/10055188  last week on the Bibbulmum.... never seen anything like it :O

Jesus, what a nutter. When will the court case be?

4 minutes ago, Buce said:

It's not mutually exclusive, FIF - I do all my best thinking when I'm out hiking.

Very true Bucey ...   I love being outside in a wood or forest and find it not only good for the body but a great time to think and relax the mind ..    like you I’m normally carrying a fairly hefty pack and other equipment ....    keeps me fit.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Buce said:

Don't knock it, Oz, that's about 12,000 miles! :o

Jesus, what a nutter. When will the court case be?

hahahaha....no i used to park off Narborough rd :)

They havent told a date yet, usually month or so, ill keep an eye out, its a weird thing

Just now, ozleicester said:

hahahaha....no i used to park off Narborough rd :)

They havent told a date yet, usually month or so, ill keep an eye out, its a weird thing

:D

Yeah, let me know, Oz, I'd be interested.

By coincidence, I was reading yesterday that there have been increasing problems with people taking 4 x 4's and trail bikes on the track, and the BTF have been urging hikers to photograph and report them - I wonder if it has anything to do with that?

• 2 weeks later...

Back on intermittent fasting after having the summer off. First few days are never pleasant as you re-adjust but going OK so far. Strangely the worst thing has been having to give up coffee with milk in the morning, got really hooked on lattes from this little independent coffee shop near my Mrs' place, going back to black coffee out the machine at work was a real shock lol 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Back on intermittent fasting after having the summer off. First few days are never pleasant as you re-adjust but going OK so far. Strangely the worst thing has been having to give up coffee with milk in the morning, got really hooked on lattes from this little independent coffee shop near my Mrs' place, going back to black coffee out the machine at work was a real shock lol 

What protocol are you following? I've been doing 16:8 the last couple of weeks and haven't found it too bad, but I can't say I've noticed much difference between it and just regular calorie restriction. Don't mind skipping breakfast and like that I get to have two larger meals later on. And I've quickly come to enjoy the taste of black coffee!

1 hour ago, egg_fried_rice said:

What protocol are you following? I've been doing 16:8 the last couple of weeks and haven't found it too bad, but I can't say I've noticed much difference between it and just regular calorie restriction. Don't mind skipping breakfast and like that I get to have two larger meals later on. And I've quickly come to enjoy the taste of black coffee!

16:8, eating between 13:00 and 21:00. I like it as it still lets me eat a bit of rubbish food during my eating window that I can't do if I'm just restricting calories. Also means I'm in the gym with a good amount of fuel when I go in the evenings. 

There's no true scientific research which gives much positivity towards the 16;8 is there?

I've heard just reducing calories throughout the day is just as beneficial.

There was someone saying after you start eating on the 16:8 you get a testosterone boost but that may be bollox

2 hours ago, Raj said:

There's no true scientific research which gives much positivity towards the 16;8 is there?

There was someone saying after you start eating on the 16:8 you get a testosterone boost but that may be bollox

The scientific evidence is limited, from what I can find. I think it's useful as a tool for creating a smaller calorie window, which in turn makes it easier to reduce total calorie consumption. It may or may not have the other benefits suggested, such as lowering blood pressure, reducing insulin resistance etc, but it does feel sustainable.

18 hours ago, Raj said:

I don't want to reduce the calories I intake though. In my experience (and I know these things vary massively between everyone so this is purely anecdotal), an eating window like this lets me be much more lenient in what I'm eating during that period. I'd rather skip breakfast and be able to eat whatever in the afternoon/evening than having to meticulously count the calories in everything I'm eating throughout the day. I've also found if I'm in a calorie surplus looking to built a bit of muscle mass IF allows me to do that without adding too much body fat at the same time.

I've heard about the testosterone boost but it would be in such small quantities you'd never noticed the difference I'd guess. 

This may have been asked on here before but to those who go to the gym regularly, how many different types of 'days' do you do?

My PT has given me a training plan bu there's SIX different types of 'days' which seems excessive and rather complicated to me -

1:Quads & Calves 2:Chest 3:Hamstrings & Glutes 4:Shoulders 5:Back 6:Arms

If I could get to the gym every day then I could just about cover it all but that only allows for one rest day so it doesn't seem realistic. For each area/day he's given me 5 different things to do so there's 30 different bit's of equipment/execrcises to master which is confusing the fvck out of me tbh.

So do any of you 'combine' the above into maybe 2 or 3 different days? He also says I shouldn't do triceps & chest or shoulders & triceps exercises on the same day for example so I'm disappearing up my own arse a bit.

Any tips on keeping it simple would be appreciated!!

The younger breed will tell you the latest technologies but in my day it was always a push/pull or  on the same days ...Ie

Chest n back

Triceps n shoulders

Legs n Biceps

No wonder I gave up!!!!

Abbey park 10km soon for us runners and then the Leicester Half Marathon and full for the crazy bastards!!!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

This may have been asked on here before but to those who go to the gym regularly, how many different types of 'days' do you do?

My PT has given me a training plan bu there's SIX different types of 'days' which seems excessive and rather complicated to me -

1:Quads & Calves 2:Chest 3:Hamstrings & Glutes 4:Shoulders 5:Back 6:Arms

If I could get to the gym every day then I could just about cover it all but that only allows for one rest day so it doesn't seem realistic. For each area/day he's given me 5 different things to do so there's 30 different bit's of equipment/execrcises to master which is confusing the fvck out of me tbh.

So do any of you 'combine' the above into maybe 2 or 3 different days? He also says I shouldn't do triceps & chest or shoulders & triceps exercises on the same day for example so I'm disappearing up my own arse a bit.

Any tips on keeping it simple would be appreciated!!

Push/pull/legs would be the best way to go combining things. On push days I'll combine shoulders, chest and then finish with high rep tricep exercises, then on a pull day it'll be back and biceps, and then legs I'll just go all out. Seems to work for me but everybody is different. 

• Thanks 1

not been out for a long run since being in France a couple of weeks ago but choosing to do 10 miles at lunch-time today was a mistake, it seems. 

too hot, my shoes have had it; should have worn my newer pair, knee is ****ed. sacked it off at 7 miles and got home feeling thoroughly pissed off with it - not the intended outcome. 

put it behind me and get some shorter training runs in this week. try again next weekend. ffs. 

On 02/09/2018 at 16:27, lifted*fox said:

not been out for a long run since being in France a couple of weeks ago but choosing to do 10 miles at lunch-time today was a mistake, it seems. 

too hot, my shoes have had it; should have worn my newer pair, knee is ****ed. sacked it off at 7 miles and got home feeling thoroughly pissed off with it - not the intended outcome. 

put it behind me and get some shorter training runs in this week. try again next weekend. ffs. 

Haha, I only jog about 20 minutes. I think 7km is the most I've ever done. I just do it so I sweat basically and then I'm in a fairly good mood the rest of the day. The fact it lifts my mood is pretty much the only reason I do it.

On 02/09/2018 at 15:27, lifted*fox said:

If it’s any consolation I’m struggling to get my running going again after a break. I tried to run whilst on holiday but I didn’t manage more than 7 miles. My life is chaotic atm and I could really do with a good running routine to help me focus but sadly I cannot get the cycle started. 

15 hours ago, Strokes said:

If it’s any consolation I’m struggling to get my running going again after a break. I tried to run whilst on holiday but I didn’t manage more than 7 miles. My life is chaotic atm and I could really do with a good running routine to help me focus but sadly I cannot get the cycle started. 

It probably needs a bit of oil on the chain, mate...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

It probably needs a bit of oil on the chain, mate...

It’s funny you should say that, I bought a new motocross bike for my son last week. It has a small leak from the crankshaft and it drips oil onto the chain. I did wonder if it was a self lubing chain at first. Sadly though it needs to go back for repair :nono:.

Can you believe that you only get a 30 day warranty with a brand new bike too, I was astonished but apparently it’s standard practice with 2 stroke engine bikes.

Anyway back to exercise fattys......

Edited by Strokes

26 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It’s funny you should say that, I bought a new motocross bike for my son last week. It has a small leak from the crankshaft and it drips oil onto the chain. I did wonder if it was a self lubing chain at first. Sadly though it needs to go back for repair :nono:.

Can you believe that you only get a 30 day warranty with a brand new bike too, I was astonished but apparently it’s standard practice with 2 stroke engine bikes.

Anyway back to exercise fattys......

Their 30 day warranty limit is meaningless, mate. 

I have a leaflet from the Consumer Rights people (the official name escapes me) that sets out your rights under such circumstances and the law is that you have a right to a repair or refund on any purchase that fails to last as long as could be reasonably expected (and it’s true of everything from shoes to washing machines) and no one could argue that 30 days is reasonable.  I’ll try and find it for you but it’s probably simpler to look online. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Their 30 day warranty limit is meaningless, mate. 

I have a leaflet from the Consumer Rights people (the official name escapes me) that sets out your rights under such circumstances and the law is that you have a right to a repair or refund on any purchase that fails to last as long as could be reasonably expected (and it’s true of everything from shoes to washing machines) and no one could argue that 30 days is reasonable.  I’ll try and find it for you but it’s probably simpler to look online. 

This is covered, I only picked it up last weekend fortunately but I’ll find that information because chances are I will definitely need it.

Cheers buce.