Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

What did we learn today?

2 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Claude the fruad is clueless with this bunch of players. 

Play the style that matches your players. You wouldn't enter a donkey into the national. 

What style is it when your star player can't beat a carpet, pass water or take a FK/corner? 

What style is it when no attacker can head a ball and your best crosser (Albrighton) can't cross a ball.

What style is it when teams realise that Vardy can beat them in a foot race?

That puel is garbage. Buck stops with him. He gives the direction for this complete turd we have been playing since Xmas. 

Bet papa owner is seriously pissed given it his birthday. Chopper has fkd off already. 

1. Chilwell for all his potential doesn't have a footballing brain and you can't teach that if you haven't already got it at his age. 

2. We become more and more like England with each passing week. 

Just now, FIF said:

What style is it when your star player can't beat a carpet, pass water or take a FK/corner? 

What style is it when no attacker can head a ball and your best crosser (Albrighton) can't cross a ball.

What style is it when teams realise that Vardy can beat them in a foot race?

I know sorry, let's just keep passing sideways and backwards to keep the ball. No need to scare their keeper by shooting or getting anywhere near his goal. 

If you're happy with the way we are playing I really feel for you. The 3 points you make are exactly what I mean and I thank you for making them for me. 

1. Why keep letting the same players take corners when they can't beat the first man or make it dangerous? Managers call.

2. Players that could head a ball and are dangerous in the air (Slimani and Ulloa) loaned out, then start playing a style that results in more crosses. Managers call

3. Why keep vardy playing on his own? When you have young strikers on the bench, if you're going to put someone with him, put them up top to create space. You guessed it, managers call. 

1 minute ago, browniefox said:

I know sorry, let's just keep passing sideways and backwards to keep the ball. No need to scare their keeper by shooting or getting anywhere near his goal. 

If you're happy with the way we are playing I really feel for you. The 3 points you make are exactly what I mean and I thank you for making them for me. 

1. Why keep letting the same players take corners when they can't beat the first man or make it dangerous? Managers call.

2. Players that could head a ball and are dangerous in the air (Slimani and Ulloa) loaned out, then start playing a style that results in more crosses. Managers call

3. Why keep vardy playing on his own? When you have young strikers on the bench, if you're going to put someone with him, put them up top to create space. You guessed it, managers call. 

This probably wasn't Puel's call. He probably had input, but we have a Director of Football for a reason.

14 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

1) While didn't impact at all in attack Choudhury did really well at the defensive side, tracked runs well and put in some great last ditch challenges. If Iborra isn't fit then start him against Burnley.

2) Morgan and Simpson need to be dropped just not good enough for how we want to play and are making game costing mistakes, imagine the outrage if Chilwell left the man and ball for the second goal.

3) Albrighton needs to be moved to Rb, in this system he can't play as a winger as he doesn't run at defenders and his crosses are quite poor recently.

It amazes me that we don't have a RB replacement for Simpson.

1 minute ago, browniefox said:

He could have put a stop to it if he had wanted to I'm sure. You don't come in as manager and have no say in who comes in and who goes out. 

Yeah, you can. DoF's are higher up than a team manager, hence Rudkin doing the sacking of both Ranieri and Shakespeare. Depends on what Slimani wanted, whether he was kicking up a fuss for example. Club might have figured it's best to loan him out to get game time to raise his price in the summer.

Edited by Beechey

Just now, Beechey said:

Yeah, you can. DoF's are higher up than a team manager, hence Rudkin doing the sacking of both Ranieri and Shakespeare.

Not having that he had no say in it. He rarely played them when they were here. 

I wanted Puel to do well. His start was decent but fvck me this is shite, I can't see any positives in the style we are seeing currently. 

• Like 1

Just now, browniefox said:

Not having that he had no say in it. He rarely played them when they were here. 

I wanted Puel to do well. His start was decent but fvck me this is shite, I can't see any positives in the style we are seeing currently. 

Yeah I'm sure he had input in the decision, it would be madness for the club to not listen to the player's boss, but the final say would not be Puel's.

Not going to disagree, we've become really lethargic. I don't know what's happened to the game we were playing around the new year. We need to get back to that, for sure.

• Like 1