Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

What did we learn today?

I learnt what I've suspected for ages. That for all his 'spectacular' saves, all (3) of his PL penalty saves, all his apparent passion, Schmeicel simply isnt a good consistent goalkeeper and we need to get rid. That 2nd goal today was Sunday league - in fact, thats an insult to all Sunday league keepers, it was bloody embarrassing. WTF was he doing running around outside his area? Fkin clown. No doubt I'll get slaughtered for daring to criticise 'our Kasper', but I dont particularly care. Mediocrity needs outing, and he's as mediocre as they come. Jakupovic must be crap if he cant get a game.

• Like 1

That Stuart Attwell is still not competent to referee at this level, like a turd that won't flush away he has reappeared on the Premier League list and causes controversy every time he referees a game.

That my pre match predictions were spot on - we would find it very hard to pass our way through a Rafa Benetiz side, we needed to run at them and take them on instead.

come on fellas... it's been quite a good season but it is hard to be motivated at a position like 9 or 10th..

(1) Morgan is a goner - not PL quality

(2) Mahrez should be shipped out in exchange for a few quids

(3) D.Gray should be a starter not a sub

(4) Our top goalie is not of the best form lately.

39 minutes ago, sylofox said:

We need to convince the players at the start it's actually the second half and we're a goal down.

I think our second half ‘superiority’ and apparent urgency is accentuated by the fact that the away side are a goal up and happy to sit back even more and play on the counter.

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think our second half ‘superiority’ and apparent urgency is accentuated by the fact that the away side are a goal up and happy to sit back even more and play on the counter.

You're probably right. But at least in the second half we looked like we cared. First half for me really was towels on sunbeds. Had I not been watching it in a watering hole I think I would of fallen sleep.

13 hours ago, cropstonfox said:

Puel is clueless

Silva is too slow for prem.

Scmichael is shit and wants to be centre of attention. 

Chilwell is one footed.

Mahrez is brilliant but all but gone.

Vardy is a good all round footballer playing in a shit team.

It took you until today to work that out?

These last few seasons have been a real fun ride for different reasons. Championship win, The Great Escape, Premier League Champions, Champions League Season.

Altough this season hasn’t been as bad as some make out, I think it is time for a re-build.

Simpson had the season of his life when we won the title, unfortunately now he’s passed it.

Schimichael (I can never spell his name, is that right?), is too inconsistent, the howler today was ridiculous.

Morgan, thanks for all the great years, but your best is now well in the past.

Chilwell? Too lightweight and I just don’t think he’ll develop any further.

Allbrighton, like Morgan and Simpson, he will have my undying gratitude for giving me the greatest year of my life, but he’s done now.

Ibhorra, just not good enough.

Okazaki, love the character that he is, but if he is our 2nd best striker I’m worried.

James, championship player.

Amartey, championship player.

Silva, worth sticking with.

Vardy still a premier league scorer. 

Maguire developing into a class defender.

N’didi excellent (will we keep him?).

Ienacho, worth developing? Possibly.

Dragovic, worth sticking with.

Diabate, a bit lightweight but I think worth holding onto to see how another season goes.

Mahrez, Cheerio, thanks for everything, one of Leicester City’s best ever players. In my 57 years of watching football I have never seen a player control a ball as well as Mahrez.

I’ve watched the under 23’s a few times and there are certainly a few in there worth giving a go. Sorry crap with names, but there is a tall defender that looks a good potential partner for Maguire.

It will be a real shame to miss out on the Europa League, let’s hope the players pull their fingers out and give it a real go for the last 6 games (especially next week against Burnley).

12 hours ago, steveherbe said:

I learnt what I've suspected for ages. That for all his 'spectacular' saves, all (3) of his PL penalty saves, all his apparent passion, Schmeicel simply isnt a good consistent goalkeeper and we need to get rid. That 2nd goal today was Sunday league - in fact, thats an insult to all Sunday league keepers, it was bloody embarrassing. WTF was he doing running around outside his area? Fkin clown. No doubt I'll get slaughtered for daring to criticise 'our Kasper', but I dont particularly care. Mediocrity needs outing, and he's as mediocre as they come. Jakupovic must be crap if he cant get a game.

Not trying to single him out but I feel also he’s one of the main reasons we struggle to shrug of some of this long ball culture in the team with his distribution of the ball most of the time

1) We need to start with a second striker - Okazaki.

2) Mahrez needs to be left on the bench.

With regards to Mahrez I am not his biggest fan. He consistently frustrates me and fails to make the correct decision. 

- From the other week against Chelsea losing the ball when there was no need resulting in a goal (a common frustration when he fails to release the ball and instead runs into trouble or just loses it).

- When he is in a potential goal scoring position or where a chance can be created but he throws himself to the ground. Yesterday was not a penalty. The ref got it spot on. Mahrez must be top of the list in Prem players who have gone down in or around the 18 yard box and not got the decision. His ability to con refs is about as decent as his hair style.

- Throwing a strop when he isnt sold. I thought his perfomances peaked just before the January transfer window. Having said that he might play well for the last few games of the season. Its lucky Algeria didnt reach the world cup finals otherwise he would be saving himself for the tournament in order to move on.

Someone once said to me after we had won the title that they would rather lose Mahrez in the summer than Kante. They were right.

that if we want to play the ball out from the back we need to have players who look comfortable doing so, Morgan and Simpson dont,

we need a new RB as Simpson is past it for me and the way Puel wants to play

that some of the players already look like they are on their holidays too

• Like 1

Wes has stopped hoofing and replaced it with short side ways passes and losing the player he is meant to be marking on a regular basis.  Please Puel do the decent thing and get Dragovic and Amartey back in defence.  Thank you Wes.

30 minutes ago, demon_dog said:

That it may be worth going to the bookies and putting a bet on us being relegated next season.

Odds on two Puel teams being relegated the following season? Might be worth a request a bet. Southampton 17/18 and Leicester 18/19 to be relegated.

A lot of these were learnt beforehand, but assured yesterday.

- Morgan, Simpson and Okazaki need to be upgraded on this summer.

- Puel isn't pragmatic enough, and doesn't do enough to compensate for the shortcomings of our side. He doesn't play enough to our strengths, basically.

- Choudhury's a decent player, and deserves to be involved in some form.

- Adrien Silva is a talented player, but does go missing a bit at times.

- Diabate needs to toughen up a bit. That should come in time.

- Newcastle aren't a bad side, and could well come above us.

- Mahrez is off form.

- Our home form has cost us 7th place.

• Like 1