Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

2 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

I'm not sure younger people realise how f*:;ing awful it will be if Liverpool win the league.

Them, the media and their insufferable fans ( many plastic) are far far worse than Chelsea, arsenal, City or United.

Spurs could be a bit of a pain but I'd still rather that happen.

I won £100 on France in a world cup sweepstake and stuck it on the scousers at 4/1.

I still hope I lose the bet.

I don't want them to win it either but I don't agree with you about their fans. All clubs, have so-called plastic fans, but their genuine fans are on the whole good football supporters. They quite often have the decency to acknowledge away teams and players when they have done well at Anfield, not something you see at many grounds.

By far the worst aspect would as you say be the inevitable prolonged and incessant media love in.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, reynard said:

I don't want them to win it either but I don't agree with you about their fans. All clubs, have so-called plastic fans, but their genuine fans are on the whole good football supporters. They quite often have the decency to acknowledge away teams and players when they have done well at Anfield, not something you see at many grounds.

By far the worst aspect would as you say be the inevitable prolonged and incessant media love in.

I can only go on what I've experienced.

I've lived in Bedford all my life but my grandad was born and raised in Leicester.

Many of my mates are LFC fans and they do my bloody head in with their endless going on about there history etc but couldn't even be arsed to go and watch them, even when they played at Luton, in the days you got in on the day if you turned up early enough.

Our title win certainly saved me and they went quiet for a while but they're getting a bit lively now.

As someone else said, it would be great if they got close and fuched it up again - especially if the bookies did an early payout ??

8 hours ago, Foxboy said:

Stones is a ball playing cb like maguire so he isn’t too out of place in the CDM role. Fernandinho is injured atm and pep doesn’t really have a replacement for him hence why stones has been moved there. 

Delph is a utility player like Milner and actually played LB for city pretty much all of last season. Give the “All Or Nothing - Man City” documentary a watch. Shows a lot of the struggles Man City had last season with injuries which they’ve suffered a bit from already this season.

I know all that, but Delph is firstly a midfielder and they have both Danilo and Zivchenko who can play left back. I see no reason with their squad to be playing Stones in midfield. I think he's looking for a clever solution to the fact he's missing Fernandinho by sticking Stones in there, when he has the answer in Delph. Just because somebody can do something doesn't mean it's the best solution to a problem. I gave the obvious solution in my first post.

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I got the distinct feeling that there was a preponderance of good hearted Liverpool fans in support of LCFC when Vichai died.

Preponderance.  Now there's a word you don't hear every day!

After the crash there was a great response from the wider football community but I also noticed there was plenty of support from Liverpool fans.  I guess they understand tragedy up there after Heysel and especially Hillsborough.  Anyway, it was appreciated and went a long way to engender some good will from me.

Edited by murphy

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Yes, but I wasn't powerphrasing...

:whistle:

Right smartarse ...   if you’re so clever ...    what do these mean .....     

Andrexia nervosa.

Clippage.

Jailbreak.

Tracey island

Smunt

Lenovo lunch.

Bet you don’t even manage two !! ...   

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Andrexia nervosa.

Clippage.

Jailbreak.

Tracey island

Smunt

Lenovo lunch.

You do know what/who I'm taking the mickey out of, right?

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Cardiff Fox said it, I think he meant 'paraphrasing' :)

Probably meant paragliding ...     anyway,  I’ll leave you to it as I’ve got to go out and help clear a blocked drain ...   and will leave it open to anyone else who might know what they mean ...   bit  of Christmas fun !! ....   :)

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Probably meant paragliding ...     anyway,  I’ll leave you to it as I’ve got to go out and help clear a blocked drain ...   and will leave it open to anyone else who might know what they mean ...   bit  of Christmas fun !! ....   :)

Indeed - lost on me...

Come on you boring bugger ! ...    I’ll start you off ...   

Andrexia nervosa.  noun. psych.  The state of, ironically bowel loosening, mild panic that sets in when one has imprudently sat down on the chod bin and opened up the clacker valve before checking if there is any paper available.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I know all that, but Delph is firstly a midfielder and they have both Danilo and Zivchenko who can play left back. I see no reason with their squad to be playing Stones in midfield. I think he's looking for a clever solution to the fact he's missing Fernandinho by sticking Stones in there, when he has the answer in Delph. Just because somebody can do something doesn't mean it's the best solution to a problem. I gave the obvious solution in my first post.

Zinchenko is also a central midfielder not a left back. Maybe the obvious solution isn’t always the best solution? Wouldn’t exactly say Man City have been struggling with delph at left back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxboy said:

Zinchenko is also a central midfielder not a left back. Maybe the obvious solution isn’t always the best solution? Wouldn’t exactly say Man City have been struggling with delph at left back.

The problem isn't Delph at left back it's stones in midfield!

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Andrexia nervosa.  noun. psych.  The state of, ironically bowel loosening, mild panic that sets in when one has imprudently sat down on the chod bin and opened up the clacker valve before checking if there is any paper available.

I think we might get binned for off-topic shenanigans...

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Some vintage Sir Roger Mellie ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Andrexia nervosa.

Clippage.

Jailbreak.

Tracey island

Smunt

Lenovo lunch.

I thought that was when you never ate and got skinny, but now im thinking about it i could be wrong :P 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Paragliding? Is that gliding with parasites?