Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I know it's the Championship but is anyone watching the Villa - Leeds game? Leeds have come back from 2 down to win 3-2 away! Leeds I think will be in the league next season, Bielsa has done an awesome job with that group of players!

Watched that. Great performance. Hope they go up

25 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I know it's the Championship but is anyone watching the Villa - Leeds game? Leeds have come back from 2 down to win 3-2 away! Leeds I think will be in the league next season, Bielsa has done an awesome job with that group of players!

Yup i watched it, was a good game. I switched on when Villa were 2-0 up and basically thought it was all over lol. 

32 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Actually, just realised the Leeds manager doesnt speak English. Maybe the performance wasnt good, and he obviously had nothing to do with it because players wont understand him

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Actually, just realised the Leeds manager doesnt speak English. Maybe the performance wasnt good, and he obviously had nothing to do with it because players wont understand him

Ha ha! Exactly!

Actually Bielsa gives some of the best press conferences I have seen from any manager in terms of the level of respect he shows the press. Instead of giving wishy-washy answers he gives incredibly deep answers that I honestly think baffle the press:

http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5150&start=120#p169851

I would argue he is in the running for coach of the season across Europe. Unlike many other teams he was not given a large budget, lost one of his best players in the summer and just lost another one (Samu Saiz) who returned to Spain for compassionate reasons. He's essentially improved every single player in their squad by 20-30% and they type of football they play is electric. Hard running and pressing mixed with real quality. They were were good value for that win today and even at 2-0 down you felt they were not out of the game. He has got his squad to 100% buy into his style of play and there are stories such as him getting the entire squad to clean litter for 5 hours so they all knew how much work a fan had to put in to watch them play on a Saturday. Hence they play with pride and gusto.

Will be interesting to see what happens next. The only thing against Bielsa as a manager is that his style is so high intensity that teams have literally hit the wall in the last few weeks of the season multiple times such as his time at Bilbao. He's also a very fiery character that has been known to leave purely on principal of a decision being made. But there's no doubting his talent, he's truly a genius IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Don't want Spurs or Everton to win, i guess better for us if Spurs win though, but meh

Boring to root for a draw, but I don't want either club picking up all 3 points.

Son is tricky too.  One of my absolute favorite players to watch, but if he bags again, Spurs could boss this.

Guaranteed Kane will score.  On his 11th attempt.

• Like 1

Just now, KingsX said:

Boring to root for a draw, but I don't want either club picking up all 3 points.

Son is tricky too.  One of my absolute favorite players to watch, but if he bags again, Spurs could boss this.

Guaranteed Kane will score.  On his 11th attempt.

I love Son too (shame he plays for Spurs)

• Like 1