Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I can't get enough of De Bruyne's goal, whether it was intentional or not - was also a superb precision.

It's what I would call the perfect cross - not aiming for goal per se but if it misses everyone it goes top bin. Having said that, the technique and visual appearance of the Townsend goal just can't be beaten. I've watched that one even more than the Vardy goal today!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Don't really understand what Pep was doing with the man city line up today. You have Stones, a defender, playing out of position in midfield. You have Delph, a midfielder,  playing left back, and have Danillo, a full back on the bench. Firstly a team that's spent so much on players should be having to play players out of position, they have plenty. Secondly, why not just play Delph in midfield and Danillo at left back. Weird choices.

Stones played in midfield against us, let's hope he repeats that next week.

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Stones played in midfield against us, let's hope he repeats that next week.

I saw that. I think you can get away with it in a cup game with weakened teams. But he has options of players who actually play midfield, weird he'd ignore using them.

Love Man City shitting themselves a bit now. Their fans were just starting to get to that insufferable stage where they are just expecting to beat teams and barely even celebrate a goal (TBF they do have to celebrate them a lot!) 

Mind you when a team is stumbling in form and needs a win we seem to be lambs ready for slaughter

• Like 3

Just now, Facecloth said:

I saw that. I think you can get away with it in a cup game with weakened teams. But he has options of players who actually play midfield, weird he'd ignore using them.

Oh I agree I just hope he keeps experimenting against us.

1 hour ago, Jattdogg said:

Read this... either 3rd times a charm or bridesmaids it remains

Liverpool edged Wolverhampton 2-0 on Friday and now head into Christmas with firm footing at the peak of the table. Eight of the last 10 sides to lead the Premier League at Christmas went on to win the league. The Reds, however, account for both of those statistical outliers; they failed to convert their table lead into a title in both the 2008-09 and 2013-14 seasons.

Yep saw this earlier today:

The Last 10 Premier League leaders at Christmas:

Liverpool - Failed to win title
? Chelsea - Won title
? Man Utd - Won title
? Man City - Won title
? Man Utd - Won title
? Chelsea - Won title
? Leicester - Won title
? Chelsea - Won title
? Man City - Won title
Liverpool - ???

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yep saw this earlier today:

The Last 10 Premier League leaders at Christmas:

? Chelsea - Won title
? Man Utd - Won title
? Man City - Won title
? Man Utd - Won title
? Chelsea - Won title
? Leicester - Won title
? Chelsea - Won title
? Man City - Won title
Liverpool - ???

I still dont think liverpool will win. Man city will win their game against liverpool and i can see liverpool dropping  points once they lose a game.

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

I still dont think liverpool will win. Man city will win their game against liverpool and i can see liverpool dropping  points once they lose a game.

Come clean.. you just don't want L'pool to win it...lolI

What happens at the top is interesting,but I don't care how the top 4 pans out....silly but I want the best team over 38 games to win it..!!

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Come clean.. you just don't want L'pool to win it...lolI

What happens at the top is interesting,but I don't care how the top 4 pans out....silly but I want the best team over 38 games to win it..!!

Ive said it before that i dont want them too  as i cant stand them.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Don't really understand what Pep was doing with the man city line up today. You have Stones, a defender, playing out of position in midfield. You have Delph, a midfielder,  playing left back, and have Danillo, a full back on the bench. Firstly a team that's spent so much on players should be having to play players out of position, they have plenty. Secondly, why not just play Delph in midfield and Danillo at left back. Weird choices.

Stones is a ball playing cb like maguire so he isn’t too out of place in the CDM role. Fernandinho is injured atm and pep doesn’t really have a replacement for him hence why stones has been moved there. 

Delph is a utility player like Milner and actually played LB for city pretty much all of last season. Give the “All Or Nothing - Man City” documentary a watch. Shows a lot of the struggles Man City had last season with injuries which they’ve suffered a bit from already this season.

I'm not sure younger people realise how f*:;ing awful it will be if Liverpool win the league.

Them, the media and their insufferable fans ( many plastic) are far far worse than Chelsea, arsenal, City or United.

Spurs could be a bit of a pain but I'd still rather that happen.

I won £100 on France in a world cup sweepstake and stuck it on the scousers at 4/1.

I still hope I lose the bet.