Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 minute ago, bovril said:

As much as I can't stand Liverpool fans, it's a shame really they didn't win as I can't see anybody getting close to City for a while. Not good. 

Can see Liverpool getting just as close next season to be fair.

Just now, StanSP said:

Can see Liverpool getting just as close next season to be fair.

Possibly, they're one of the best teams I've seen in England. I suppose if we look on the bright side it could be a great battle for a few years, like Arsenal and United from 98-04.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mad biker said:

Wasil didn`t get one did he ? he must have played more than 5, was joking about Riyad :-)

Lol well then didn't read that one well, im on the beach already haha.

I know a few have mentioned liverpool will be good next year which i dont doubt but i suspect they wont be as good unless they spend, spend, spend. Something tells me the top 6 will be more exciting next year (although i suspect man shitty will run away with it again).

46 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Listened to talk sport on the way home and it confirmed exactly why I didn't want them to win it. 

It was an hour or so Andy Townsend discussing what would have happened, hypothetically, if Liverpool had won it; why they nearly won it but didn't; and how Liverpool winning it, even though they didn't, would have changed the face of the league. 

The media are full of ex Liverpool players who just cannot get past the club. 

I do agree with you, but it's dangerous that Man City keep winning it. For now people just think "well they have all the money so it's nothing special that they won it" which is true. But if they keep winning it they could make the division a one team league like Italy, Germany or Spain. 

It's saddening to see a league that produced the greatest ever story in our win now be dominated by a team that has been bankrolled by oil money and that has gained a scarcely believable 198 points over the last two seasons. Liverpool pushed them all the way this time round but we need more teams to be able to give them a scare.

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Listened to talk sport on the way home and it confirmed exactly why I didn't want them to win it. 

It was an hour or so Andy Townsend discussing what would have happened, hypothetically, if Liverpool had won it; why they nearly won it but didn't; and how Liverpool winning it, even though they didn't, would have changed the face of the league. 

The media are full of ex Liverpool players who just cannot get past the club. 

Feels like pretty much every broadcast has an ex-Liverpool player on the panel.  It's obscene the amount of coverage they get.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Feels like pretty much every broadcast has an ex-Liverpool player on the panel.  It's obscene the amount of coverage they get.

I can understand it, they're a big club. 

It's the relentless love in that I can't stand. 'Oh but European nights in the Kop' blah blah blah.