Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Claude Puel lays out his vision for Leicester City

8 hours ago, Beechey said:

Doesn't take a genius to realise that 2.2% of the stadium capacity is around 700 seats. So yes, there will be some empty seats. Absolute madness, isn't it? Not sure how we're still functioning as a club.

How did Man City win the league with their stadium only 97.5% full? Nothing makes sense anymore!

such a soy boy

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

"Relegation form" for the pessimists and "transition" for the optimists.

You have to have your balls exposed at some point when you decide to change your underpants or you can keep the skid mark ridden, piss stained stinking ones on forever through fear of change. Confucius (502 BC)

Yes, and we are going to see the piss stained underpants moving out the door sooner than you think. Confucious at the king power stadium( 2018 ad )

Edited by Bunyip

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

We see 90 minutes a week and thats our indicator of how we're progressing. We see none of the behind the scenes action. Changing our style was always going to make us worse in the short term for long term gain and progress.

And in those 90 minutes you either win all 3 points or gain 1 or gain none and that is the be all and end all. There is no better indicator.

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

"Relegation form" for the pessimists and "transition" for the optimists.

You have to have your balls exposed at some point when you decide to change your underpants or you can keep the skid mark ridden, piss stained stinking ones on forever through fear of change. Confucius (502 BC)

It's not about pessimists or optimists. the facts are it IS religation form. the statistic is not pessimistic or optimistic it is facts. 

11 hours ago, filbertway said:

And then got found out and was way more horrific and boring to watch than anything we play under Puel.

Its embarrassing that professionals within the game actually want to try and play that way.

So you're embarrassed we won the league?

The best football we've played is that way and the most exciting football we've played under Puel is on the counter attack. E.g. vardys goal against Everton, goals against soton, list goes on....

7 hours ago, Bunyip said:

It's not about pessimists or optimists. the facts are it IS religation form. the statistic is not pessimistic or optimistic it is facts. 

So, we're ignoring the actual neutral statistics, the form tables showing its midtable form? Great, didn't realise we could just lie about anything that didn't support our view. 

8 hours ago, Bunyip said:

And in those 90 minutes you either win all 3 points or gain 1 or gain none and that is the be all and end all. There is no better indicator.

And all that still doesn't show progression. Games take far more into account than how a teams playing; there are too many variables. Our 90 minute window simply doesn't give a huge reflection on progression

Edited by UniFox21

11 hours ago, chapero82 said:

So after 15 games we are 5 points off the drop zone which is relegation form lol 

No, Stan's tables include many teams having played extra games. Here are a load of tables, and we're not in relegation form in any of them.

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 08.20.33.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 08.19.58.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 08.19.39.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 08.19.22.png

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If others keep picking up points at the same rate and so do we, then no... it's nowhere even close.

But I can't hear him in press conferences, how could he ever manage a football club? :rolleyes: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

So you're embarrassed we won the league?

The best football we've played is that way and the most exciting football we've played under Puel is on the counter attack. E.g. vardys goal against Everton, goals against soton, list goes on....

Don’t you think sides have noticed that and won’t commit enough players forward to allow us to counter ? it becomes a game of chess where they generally maintain two banks of four behind the ball, even when they are in our half.? 

we won the league because by the time clubs realised they couldn’t allow us to play on the counter, we had the momentum and confidence to see it through, together with a wily tactically sound manager. The defence maintained their concentration at levels we don’t get anywhere close to now. all those 1-0’s ....... remember?? 

• Like 3

Games at the moment are dull and frustrating and this seems to be getting increasingly bad as Puel tries to influence and change the players.

I'm all for tweaking and players being versatile but to see Simpson being asked to play as a sweeping right wing back only to fail as hes barely a right back and  replaced by a Premiership winning left winger being asked take his place, again failing. The list goes on.

Totally with the noises he makes but very concerned if he can deliver.

All looks very disjointed. Surely play to the known strengths, suss the players in training and adjust in the close season. Currently managing to bring the worst out of most players.

Announcing that he will change and tinker even more covers his ass when it fails.

I totally understand the frustration around Puel but we need to give him time. 

He hasn't had a summer transfer window to re shape the squad to get them playing the way he wants. 

The January window is known as a hard window to go good work in and certainly can not over haul your squad mid season. 

Take into account that there are probably under lying issues going around and power struggles he's having to deal with, and he is trying to manage that. Which is more complicated as we imagine some of those players are title winning players and need to dealt with in the right way. 

We've come on a long way since Shakespeare so let's not forget that. He deserves more time, people need to get off his back and look at the positives of what he is trying to do. 

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Don’t you think sides have noticed that and won’t commit enough players forward to allow us to counter ? it becomes a game of chess where they generally maintain two banks of four behind the ball, even when they are in our half.? 

we won the league because by the time clubs realised they couldn’t allow us to play on the counter, we had the momentum and confidence to see it through, together with a wily tactically sound manager. The defence maintained their concentration at levels we don’t get anywhere close to now. all those 1-0’s ....... remember?? 

Don't disagree with any of that however I think evolution would be using both, a lot of the time now we don't even try to play quick.

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Don't disagree with any of that however I think evolution would be using both, a lot of the time now we don't even try to play quick.

My view is that the manager doesn’t trust this group to be able to manage transition during games between styles. They would revert to their tried and trusted ways. He feels it more important that they get to grips with the new way of playing, he knows they can do the other one. Once they are confident in playing the way he wants them to, he would be happy to allow them to manage the game as required by events on the pitch. I, for one, would be much happier having properly different  and effective plan A/B which the opposition would find it tough to deal with. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

And all that still doesn't show progression. Games take far more into account than how a teams playing; there are too many variables. Our 90 minute window simply doesn't give a huge reflection on progression

No, the points tally does. And that is why you either stay up or get relegated.

Edited by Bunyip

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

So, we're ignoring the actual neutral statistics, the form tables showing its midtable form? Great, didn't realise we could just lie about anything that didn't support our view. 

I didn't say it would get us relegated I said its relegation form and if that had been at the start of the season we would indeed be in a relegation scrap. let's see how this present form pans out by the end of the season.

29 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

My view is that the manager doesn’t trust this group to be able to manage transition during games between styles. They would revert to their tried and trusted ways. He feels it more important that they get to grips with the new way of playing, he knows they can do the other one. Once they are confident in playing the way he wants them to, he would be happy to allow them to manage the game as required by events on the pitch. I, for one, would be much happier having properly different  and effective plan A/B which the opposition would find it tough to deal with. 

I couldn't watch the Burnley game, but I saw the extended highlights online and we had no end of quick breaks and some fantastic chances on the end of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

And if a manager doesn't trust his players and can't get the best out of them?

People keep saying Puel doesn't have the players he needs, but bar a number 10 and right back he's got a bloody good squad - he also has players who are fine in those position - Amartey, Diabete, etc.... He's had a much better team here than he did at Southampton and he's ended up with largely the same result.

• Like 2