Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Claude Puel lays out his vision for Leicester City

5 hours ago, Koke said:

And halfway through next season when these same players refuse to play for out next manager, then what? 

I'm fed up with several members of this squad. They need to moved on. I'm tired of players downing tools everytime a manager comes in with new ideas. It's not like Puel is playing a radical formation with players out of position.

Only 1-2 of the title winning team are actually performing now. If we don't back Puel now we will have this exact conversation in December with the new manager i.e. "players not playing for him", "sack him" etc

Correct. Frankly this time is one time too many for me. We need to rebuild.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

That's why I said "highly unlikely", but it's a fact we're not completely out of it yet. We could be by tonight, though.

You can bring up stats from the past few games as much as you want to, it's what ahead that counts now.

Imagine if we only managed two, three points out of the last five games. It'll disappoint me personally no end, because well have wasted such a big chance of playing in Europe next season, just letting it slip away in recent weeks. Look at what's ahead still:

Southampton (h) tonight: An opposition fighting against relegation

Crystal Palace (a): Another team not out of the relegation battle yet

West Ham (h): Another team not out of the relegation battle yet

Arsenal (h): Doing better again, potentially still aiming at pipping Chelsea for 5th place

Tottenham (a): Playing very good football, tough match, I can imagine them googling 2nd spot, no gifts there

if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle .....................

brighton and west brom were fighting to stay up........

palace and west ham will be 'safe' by the time we play them if we get a result tonight. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

if my auntie had balls she would be my uncle .....................

brighton and west brom were fighting to stay up........

palace and west ham will be 'safe' by the time we play them if we get a result tonight. 

No, they won't.

All teams up to Bournemouth are still struggling to remain in the Premier League next season, with their last four to five matches to play. Of course, the higher up you go, the probability diminishes. The possibility still exists, though.

42 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

That's why I said "highly unlikely", but it's a fact we're not completely out of it yet.

So unlikely, you don't need a computer to analyze it.  The only mathematical possibility of LCFC ending up 18th begins with us losing all 5, Southampton winning all 5, and them bettering our goal differential by 4.4 per game the whole way.  Plus enough mayhem among 9th through 17th, that all nine of those clubs finish on 44 points or better.

Your arguments often strike me as intelligent.  This one I suggest you can drop ... because we aren't.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

No, they won't.

All teams up to Bournemouth are still struggling to remain in the Premier League next season, with their last four to five matches to play. Of course, the higher up you go, the probability diminishes. The possibility still exists, though.

only brighton downwards need to worry

Swansea's last two games are soton and stoke. I would say that two of the three clubs going down with west brom are coming from these three

2 minutes ago, KingsX said:

So unlikely, you don't need a computer to analyze it.  The only mathematical possibility of LCFC ending up 18th begins with us losing all 5, Southampton winning all 5, and them bettering our goal differential by 4.4 per game the whole way.  Plus enough mayhem among 9th through 17th, that all nine of those clubs finish on 44 points or better.

Your arguments often strike me as intelligent.  This one I suggest you can drop ... because we aren't.

clubs are playing each other. they cant both win when that happens. if you have twenty minutes of your life to waste then go through all the fixtures and you will find we cant be relegated ....................  I think..........

5 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Already explained in another thread.

I'm not seriously trying to raise the scenario of relegation regarding our club, just pointing out that it's not impossible.

Sorry for being so pedantic in this affair. :D

What bugs me at the moment is that we've got pretty much nothing to play for or against any longer, and it shows. Burnley seemingly out of reach, no danger of getting relegated, players putting in half-hearted performances (pre-World Cup mode for some, mind). Dull, dull, dull.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

No, they won't.

Just looked and we're 100% safe.

Stoke and West Brom can't catch us.

Southampton have to win every game.

For Southampton to win every game they need to beat Bournemouth and Swansea.

Bournemouth and Swansea still have to play each other so it's impossible for Southampton, Swansea and Bournemouth all to achieve 43pts.

• Like 2

Just now, MC Prussian said:

I've already counted out Stoke and West Brom, they don't matter. Southampton do, however.

Just to point out:

Swansea and Bournemouth don't have to get to 43 points, they could be save with less points on the board.

So I suppose we're not really 100% safe. Need to keep an eye on Southampton still, but only if they win tonight.

We get all three points or only one, then we'll 100% safe.

We're 100% safe.

If we assume Southampton win every match they get 43pts.

If Bournemouth and Swansea win every match apart from when they play Southampton or each other the table would look like this.

Southampton 43

Leicester 43

Swansea 42

Bournemouth 41

With one fixture left which is Bournemouth vs Swansea rendering it impossible for them both to catch us.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We're 100% safe.

If we assume Southampton win every match they get 43pts.

If Bournemouth and Swansea win every match apart from when they play Southampton or each other the table would look like this.

Southampton 43

Leicester 43

Swansea 42

Bournemouth 41

With one fixture left which is Bournemouth vs Swansea rendering it impossible for them both to catch us.

HomerDone.gif.2cf09dd0a5401557421064c1842fd472.gif

Your work here is done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So what's really up for grabs is prize money for finishing as high as possible. An incorrect linesman's flag in last season's final match against Bournemouth cost the club a couple of places and over a £1m quid, I think.

The club accountant will be up for the run in even if no one else is.

7 hours ago, The Doctor said:

It's not really though is it - it's mediocre form, but past seasons 18th has finished on:

34, 37, 35, 33, 36, 36, 39, 30, 34, 36

So, if you're looking at how low the team that finished 17th could have finished on, 38 would have been enough in 9 of the last 10.

Also, frankly results don't tell the full story: https://understat.com/team/Leicester/2017

Look how many games we've dropped points in where on xG we should have won. Just looking since the new year we've had 4 draws and 3 defeats where we've had a better xG and one win where it was worse. Convert that to points and it's an extra 14 points which on performances we should have had but lost through individual errors and bad finishing - an extra 14 points that would see us 3 behind chelsea and talking of a battle for 5th. Has it been frustrating? Yes, so many basic errors from experienced players, and how we seem to play brilliantly for a half and lose it in the other half, but performances are overall encouraging for challenging even higher if he can fix those two things

The fact we are nit picking over whether a point a game is relegation form or even having the conversation really says it all.Furthermore your credibility will take a bash if you really believe that with just our fair share of luck since the turn of the year we would be 14 points better off!.As for encouraging displays recently,name them as I think they will be more than matched by average/poor ones.

He needs a strong end to the season to even start to convince me,starting tonight.

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Eh? Surely not being dropped no matter what lends more credence to player power, as in they almost have control over team selection 

In which case I’m questioning the managements bollocks, or lack of.

Further to this I’d say the management are letting ‘player power’ win and succeed if what you’re suggesting is the case.

Are the players in question holding a gun against Claude’s head or something?

All we can do is judge on what we see...

Results 

Style of play

Magement decision making 

Direction of travel

I think the last 10 games are worrying on all three counts.  I am resigned to the owners allowing puel more time. .... so buckle up coz we're gonna find out what he can do

On 17/04/2018 at 12:45, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Mixed opinion on this...

Yes, we needed to become better at breaking teams down.

But if the intention is to change the style of the reserves and academy in line with what we've seen recently then we need to have the players good enough to play that style. As we've seen with the first team, if you ask the likes of Morgan and Simpson to play this style then they struggle. How many technically brilliant players have we brought through our academy in the last 20 years?

If the intention is to develop better players then that's going to take 5 to 10 years for us to see the effect. Many clubs have tried to change their style away from what made them successful (Stoke, West Brom, Swansea to name a few) and have looked worse for doing it.

It seems that possession-based football is back in vogue thanks to Guardiola. Something which doesn't take into account the fact that he's a one-off and that success has come for others (us winning the league, Atletico being one of the strongest teams in Europe and Burnley getting 7th) by trying at style which suits their players and isn't about keeping the ball for the sake of the possession stats.

I tell you what you need add to ‘what’s back in vogue’;

Intensity 

Hard working players 

Quick passing

Counter attacking when appropriate.

All the positive attributes that won us the title; none of which we employ now.

I predicted 18 months ago we were in danger of throwing the baby out with the bath water in our quest to evolve.

We have to move the ball quickly to improve, possession football without the four qualities above doesn’t  work and it never will.

Man City and Liverpool are both fantastic to watch and are getting results. And it’s not totally all about having the best players.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Ian S said:

The fact we are nit picking over whether a point a game is relegation form or even having the conversation really says it all.Furthermore your credibility will take a bash if you really believe that with just our fair share of luck since the turn of the year we would be 14 points better off!.As for encouraging displays recently,name them as I think they will be more than matched by average/poor ones.

He needs a strong end to the season to even start to convince me,starting tonight.

Correct.

When you are clutching at luck not being for us, and ‘if onlys’ you are probably barking up the wrong tree.

We do not have a manager with the correct tactics, nor attitude.

Hes managed to improve the possession stats yet his results are akin with Shakey.

With the players he has at his disposal he’s done a shit job in the last three months.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader