Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
STEVIE B

Your Glastonbury

Pick your 3 favourite Headliners for Fri/Sat/Sun evening at Glastonbury. The singer or band can be alive or dead, at their peak, performance wise.

Friday- Led Zeppelin 

Saturday-Elvis  

Sunday-The Smiths

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Pick your 3 favourite Headliners for Fri/Sat/Sun evening at Glastonbury. The singer or band can be alive or dead, at their peak, performance wise.

Friday- Led Zeppelin 

Saturday-Elvis  

Sunday-The Smiths

Went there in 1981 when it was still a Hippy gig - told my folks that my friend's Mum was taking us camping in the West Country (which strictly speaking was true). What they din't know is that she belonged to a commune - went down on an old school bus surrounded by orange clad Sannyasins making free love while my friend was out of his tree on mushrooms.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/history/history-1981/

To the OP then...

Friday: Dylan

Saturday: Hendrix

Sunday: The Clash

• Like 2

Friday - Original Deep Purple

Saturday - Original Black Sabbath

Sunday - Pink Floyd

Also rans, Radiohead, Killing Joke, Original Cure and loads more which is why I think the Download suggestion by TiffToff88 was a good shout   :punk:

Edited by Chico1958

Since it is my choice and won't happen I have no problem with picking one artist who did the most stunning gig I ever saw at Glastonbury but who has since sadly passed away.

Friday: Fergie MacDonald. On the John Peel stage, well away from anywhere the English folkies in their beards and sandals are likely to frequent

Saturday Leonard Cohen

Sunday: Runrig, if you could bring back the 1990's version with Donnie Munro

Does anyone else on FT live near enough to be able to walk home and spend the rest of the night in their own bed?

Im old so please forgive me if this is already a thing.... but do the major festivals (Glasto, reading, Vans and Coachella in the US) do they get streamed/televised.

I imagine they are the future for pay TV etc?

Anyhoo, i assume this is already being done and im too old to know, so my bands would be...

The Beatles

AC/DC (original)

MAdness

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Im old so please forgive me if this is already a thing.... but do the major festivals (Glasto, reading, Vans and Coachella in the US) do they get streamed/televised.

I imagine they are the future for pay TV etc?

Anyhoo, i assume this is already being done and im too old to know, so my bands would be...

The Beatles

AC/DC (original)

MAdness

Glastonbury is shown on terrestrial TV. With so many bands and stages you get to see a real eclectic mix. By the way, l put AC/DC and altered it to Led Zep. 

2 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Glastonbury is shown on terrestrial TV. With so many bands and stages you get to see a real eclectic mix. By the way, l put AC/DC and altered it to Led Zep. 

ah, ok ta, that puts an end to my grand plan to create a Sky Festivals channel :(

Andrew Denton did an interview with Robert Plant in Oz last week, not sure if its avail on the net somewhere but mildly interesting, the first interview ive seen with him for many a year.

AC/DC with Bon and Angus at their peak would for me, trump Zepplin  (draw back being the multitudes of bogans in their "flano's")

I also think Zep live might go a bit too far down the rabbit hole for me lol

6 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

ah, ok ta, that puts an end to my grand plan to create a Sky Festivals channel :(

Andrew Denton did an interview with Robert Plant in Oz last week, not sure if its avail on the net somewhere but mildly interesting, the first interview ive seen with him for many a year.

AC/DC with Bon and Angus at their peak would for me, trump Zepplin  (draw back being the multitudes of bogans in their "flano's")

I also think Zep live might go a bit too far down the rabbit hole for me lol

It amazes me that during interviews how ‘old rockers & punks’ are so well spoken, almost posh !lol Goes totally against the image they portrayed in their pomp ! 

23 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Can i pick "My Download" rather than Glastonbury? :punk:

Guess it's more a generic festival thread.

Glastonbury is for upper-middle-class twits who think they're cool cos they drive a range rover listening to Ed Sheeran.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Guess it's more a generic festival thread.

Glastonbury is for upper-middle-class twits who think they're cool cos they drive a range rover listening to Ed Sheeran.

Don’t know many students or people of my age with that fortune that frequent Glastonbury. Probably a few though out of the tens of thousands that attend though. :thumbup:. Well done 

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

Don’t know many students or people of my age with that fortune that frequent Glastonbury. Probably a few though out of the tens of thousands that attend though. :thumbup:. Well done 

Ok yah?