Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

A rich club is a big club. 

All other criteria died years ago if it ever really existed. 

The "big" clubs are just the rich clubs that have been rich long enough. 

No sorry do not agree.

Some Chinese Clubs pay silly money on wages and fee's yet they are not big club just rich clubs.

5 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

No sorry do not agree.

Some Chinese Clubs pay silly money on wages and fee's yet they are not big club just rich clubs.

The difference is, Man City have success and international reputation.

17 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Wrong. They have one of the most modern and expensive academies in the world now. Their intention is to build a bedrock of a team after winning trophies and supplement the team in the long run through the academy.

If your revenue has only bought in 350 million in 5 years but your expenditure is 1.8 billion in 5 years there's a huge problem 

50 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Man City are a Rich Club, not a Big Club.

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United are BIG CLUBS.

Christ they cannot even fill their stadium, something all the teams above easily do.

Not sure about the 'proper' big clubs always selling out.  Take Spain for example...

Barcelona's capacity is 98,0000.  Their average attendance last season was 69,000 (on average 29,000 empty seats per game).  Their lowest attendance was 49,000 (that's exactly half full, 49,000 empty seats).  Bear in mind that they almost went the whole season unbeaten and won the league by a fair distance, so it was a very good season for them.

Likewise, Real Madrid's capacity is 81,0000.  Their average attendance last season was 65,000 (on average 16,000 empty seats per game).  Their lowest attendance was 55,000 (that's 26,000 empty seats).  

Atletico Madrid's capacity is 68,0000.  Their average attendance last season was 55,000 (on average 13,000 empty seats per game).  Their lowest attendance was 35,000 (that's 33,000 empty seats).  That's their first season in their new stadium where they would have had a new stadium bump in crowds, so expect them to drop off a bit going forward.

For any of the top 3 in Spain, unless they're playing against each other, or it's a big European night, or it's an end of season title decider, you can just turn up at the stadium before kick-off and buy a ticket.  You wouldn't be able to do that at virtually any match in the Premier League.

Edited by Snik-Snok

11 minutes ago, the fox said:

The difference is, Man City have success and international reputation.

They're arguably the third most desired club to play for in the world after Real and Barca.

If a player wants to leave his current club even if it was Messi then Man City would be seriously considered. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

If your revenue has only bought in 350 million in 5 years but your expenditure is 1.8 billion in 5 years there's a huge problem 

I don't even need to verify by googling that both those figures are absolutely ludicrous and probably made up on the spot by yourself. 

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

I don't even need to verify by googling that both those figures are absolutely ludicrous and probably made up on the spot by yourself. 

Well obviuosly not, jesus lol

I'm saying there expenditure is more than there income by about 600% you can google that I'm confident il be close with that 

Just now, sphericalfox said:

Do I have to put your posts through a bollocks translator everytime?

If you could just make that a plugin for FT that'd save us all a lot of time :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Are you afflicted or something? Less with the bollocks and perhaps you'll get less grief.

This is a forum built on opinions. 

If I want to say that man city's expenditure is higher than what they bring in through revenue then I will say that.

Off my post that you polity replied to before I was saying that as a example not factual as you can see in my post below.

I then uploaded a pic that they have spend billions.

So yea if I wanna spout it I will.

And grief from you is the least of my worries lol lol lol

1 minute ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

This is a forum built on opinions. 

If I want to say that man city's expenditure is higher than what they bring in through revenue then I will say that.

Off my post that you polity replied to before I was saying that as a example not factual as you can see in my post below.

I then uploaded a pic that they have spend billions.

So yea if I wanna spout it I will.

And grief from you is the least of my worries lol lol lol

So... if you want to make stuff up and post it, you will. Got it. :thumbup:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snik-Snok said:

Not sure about the 'proper' big clubs always selling out.  Take Spain for example...

Barcelona's capacity is 98,0000.  Their average attendance last season was 69,000 (on average 29,000 empty seats per game).  Their lowest attendance was 49,000 (that's exactly half full, 49,000 empty seats).  Bear in mind that they almost went the whole season unbeaten and won the league by a fair distance, so it was a very good season for them.

Likewise, Real Madrid's capacity is 81,0000.  Their average attendance last season was 65,000 (on average 16,000 empty seats per game).  Their lowest attendance was 55,000 (that's 26,000 empty seats).  

Atletico Madrid's capacity is 68,0000.  Their average attendance last season was 55,000 (on average 13,000 empty seats per game).  Their lowest attendance was 35,000 (that's 33,000 empty seats).  That's their first season in their new stadium where they would have had a new stadium bump in crowds, so expect them to drop off a bit going forward.

For any of the top 3 in Spain, unless they're playing against each other, or it's a big European night, or it's an end of season title decider, you can just turn up at the stadium before kick-off and buy a ticket.  You wouldn't be able to do that at virtually any match in the Premier League.

They're good figures considering away fans don't travel in Spain?

6 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

So... if you want to make stuff up and post it, you will. Got it. :thumbup:

I don't make things up 90% stuff I have posted especially about transfers has come true.

And I can't make up factual evidence look up and see the picture .

But I like your reaction your cute.

Have a Good afternoon petal 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

I don't make things up 90% stuff I have posted especially about transfers has come true.

And I can't make up factual evidence look up and see the picture .

But I like your reaction your cute.

Have a Good afternoon petal 

You are right. You need to go on ignore. You're tiresome. :frusty:

Man City aren't a big club lol 

Of course they are, I'd say they are one of about ten clubs that are top of the pyramid. 

Real Madrid 

Barcelona 

Manchester United 

Bayern Munich 

Chelsea

Juventus

AC Milan

Manchester City

Paris St Germain 

Leicester

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Man City aren't a big club lol 

Of course they are, I'd say they are one of about ten clubs that are top of the pyramid. 

Real Madrid 

Barcelona 

Manchester United 

Bayern Munich 

Chelsea

Juventus

AC Milan

Manchester City

Paris St Germain 

Leicester

Why arn’t Derby and the Trees in this list?

P.S. Are Spuds and Arsenal both small time now?

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Why arn’t Derby and the Trees in this list?

P.S. Are Spuds and Arsenal both small time now?

I'd put spurs above arsenal nowadays, obviously the Leicester inclusion was a joke, I'd put liverpool there in reality. I would say that is the top 10 clubs in the world right now though. 

• Like 1