Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

13 minutes ago, richardsfoxes said:

Ive read so many misinformed media outlets that i honestly don't even know the situation, so let me get this straight the original deal was 60M + Roberts but we've decided we don't want Roberts so want 75M and they don't want to budge? 

I think man city offered £50m + Roberts but we wanted a deal worth £75m. (Roberts valued at around £15m) 

This is tedious. Glad we've dropped out of the Roberts deal though, we can and must do better than that.

Hopefully Man City drop out of the deal so someone will come in who isn't making some moral stand against modern transfer fees (despite massively contributing to their inflation over the last few years) and is actually willing to pay the asking price.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Fed up of reading that we have betrayed him. He has had 2 clubs in for him, poverty Roma and Man City, not like we are refusing hundreds of bids to make his life a misery.

maybe that says we are asking too much for him in the market .................... (as judged by other clubs)

its a bit like vardy - he is worth 50m+ to us but no one will pay anything like that so the likelihood is he stays with us.   

15 hours ago, Naz said:

Roberts was a huge favourite at Celtic.  He had an injury this season.  They were desperate to keep him.  You should know that

As for Mahrez, Leicester are trying it on, and why wouldn't they.  But they'll have to back down.  £70m is more than fair for a player who has wanted to leave for some time.

All of that is true and at no point did I deny it. The injury wasn't as bad as initially thought and he was back in full training as early as March but didn't do enough to earn his place back. They wanted to keep him and he chose to go back despite M. City insisting that his only chance of breaking into our first team is if he spent a season on loan at a Premier League club. To me (and the club) that shows a lack of ambition. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Yeah, I mean it's not like he was playing some of the best football he's ever played for us, then went off for a few weeks citing depression and came back looking a shadow of the player before the attempted move. :blink:

It really wasn't our fault that he reacted like that, we didn't want him to go AWOL and we certainly didn't ask him to. My point is he was desperate to move back in the summer when we weren't actually interested. 

2 minutes ago, MCFC said:

It really wasn't our fault that he reacted like that, we didn't want him to go AWOL and we certainly didn't ask him to. My point is he was desperate to move back in the summer when we weren't actually interested. 

You can't seriously claim that you didn't unsettle him though. Yeah he wanted to move, but he was still knuckling down and playing well, playing for the move until you came in and took the Michael.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

maybe that says we are asking too much for him in the market .................... (as judged by other clubs)

its a bit like vardy - he is worth 50m+ to us but no one will pay anything like that so the likelihood is he stays with us.   

it's not a bit like Vardy, Yes, Vardy may be worth  50m to us but his all round me isn't good enough for others to spend that amount on him. Although I do agree he is improving his game year on year and that's to his credit.

Mahrez has risen to become a top player and worthy of a place in any team. Yes he still needs to polish up a few areas of his game. But his ability to deliver Goals both himself or by assists singles him out into a special class of player.

He's a far better player than Sterling and he will be a star at Man City if he goes there.

As to the Fee,Is anyone ever worth the crazy Fees being quoted today. But in the case of  Mahrez I'd say he's worth every penny of our asking price. 

2 hours ago, Simi said:

Pleased we're holding our ground. £75m or off you trot.

This will strengthen our hand when the top European clubs come calling for the likes of Maguire and N'Didi as well.

Great post. Spot on in terms of ring fencing our best players and not being pushed around by these so called 'Big Clubs@.

17 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Great post. Spot on in terms of ring fencing our best players and not being pushed around by these so called 'Big Clubs@.

Man City are a Rich Club, not a Big Club.

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United are BIG CLUBS.

Christ they cannot even fill their stadium, something all the teams above easily do.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Christ they cannot even fill their stadium, something all the teams above easily do.

They're a big club nowadays, no question. They're financially self sufficient nowadays.

I couldn't care less about historically, everything evolves. It would be like Derby or Forest claiming to be a bigger club than us.

10 minutes ago, Gerard said:

They're a big club nowadays, no question. They're financially self sufficient nowadays.

I couldn't care less about historically, everything evolves. It would be like Derby or Forest claiming to be a bigger club than us.

I honestly beleave all this spending man city have done is going to bite them in the arse they will fall in the future and go  into administration.

They have literally not achieved anything without buying it amd such a huge expense 

1 minute ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

I honestly beleave all this spending man city have done is going to bite them in the arse they will fall in the future and go  into administration.

They have literally not achieved anything without buying it amd such a huge expense 

Wrong. They have one of the most modern and expensive academies in the world now. Their intention is to build a bedrock of a team after winning trophies and supplement the team in the long run through the academy.

1 hour ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

To be fair, it's actually kind of refreshing that they don't get all the tourists there and that it's, by and large, the same 40k Mancs who would've watched them in the third division less than 20 years ago.

31 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

A rich club is a big club. 

All other criteria died years ago if it ever really existed. 

The "big" clubs are just the rich clubs that have been rich long enough. 

• Like 2