Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Can't see Riyad turning down a move to Man City because we won't pay his loyalty fee tbf. 

Surely you make the move and then have your lawyer quibble over the pay out later? 

If it is the loyalty bonus, the club will probably want some assurance that it will not be claimed, before they agree the deal. If Mahrez were to give assurance, he would be estopped from making a claim after the event for the bonus. 

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Having said that - four more pages to go to 100 so hopefully that'll activate his release clause.

He's worth 120. Anyone that says otherwise can do one. If we don't get it then Mahrez can do one too. Make him clean out jock straps until he learns his place, traitor... 'cause I talk tough I do. Especially on forums.

3 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

If we have a genuinely talented number 10 (let's hope Maddison is that) do we NEED to replace Mahrez like for like?  Or could we have a more orthodox wide man with more creativity coming central?

No no no no no. Good god man, what ARE you thinking. We NEED a talisman marque signing to replace (got it REPLACE) our sweet prince. Nothing short of that will do*. We'll have none of your 'perspective' type stuff around here. Sheesh, whatever next?

*Or perhaps Andros Townsend and one of those net type bags what you put footballs in, that might work. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

If we have a genuinely talented number 10 (let's hope Maddison is that) do we NEED to replace Mahrez like for like?  Or could we have a more orthodox wide man with more creativity coming central?

X

Maddison is untested at this level, for me we need two quality wide players to address the lost of Mahrez

• Like 3

Just now, CarbonVirtine said:

No no no no no. Good god man, what ARE you thinking. We NEED a talisman marque signing to replace (got it REPLACE) our sweet prince. Nothing short of that will do*. We'll have none of your 'perspective' type stuff around here. Sheesh, whatever next?

*Or perhaps Andros Townsend and one of those net type bags what you put footballs in, that might work. 

We need plug the hole of around a dozen goals and a dozen assist, thats a lot of weight on the shoulder of a unproven 21 year old. 

We have very limited creative in side, and only few goal scorers, hopefully the new RB will help, but we need a 2,3 players to chip in on both counts.

1 hour ago, MCFC said:

I take objection to the idea that we turned his head and unsettled him, of course we must take some of the blame but he definitely wanted to leave before we declared our interest in January. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Coutinho is worth more than £70m either. But inflation has made the market what it is. £90m for Mahrez wouldn't be an unfair price all things considered. 

You cannot be serious!

2 hours ago, MCFC said:

I take objection to the idea that we turned his head and unsettled him, of course we must take some of the blame but he definitely wanted to leave before we declared our interest in January. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Coutinho is worth more than £70m either. But inflation has made the market what it is. £90m for Mahrez wouldn't be an unfair price all things considered. 

Yeah, I mean it's not like he was playing some of the best football he's ever played for us, then went off for a few weeks citing depression and came back looking a shadow of the player before the attempted move. :blink:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MCFC said:

Knowing Riyads nature, I’m sure you’ll feel the same should he perform exceptionally and attract attention from European giants. You’ll see what he really is.

Mahrez may well think that he's made mistakes in the way he tried to make a move elsewhere before, and maybe now believe that he's hesitant in leaving in case his good reputation goes.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MCFC said:

At the start of last season City really wanted Roberts to spend a season on loan at a Premier League club. Newcastle and Southampton were among those interested. Roberts point blank refused to go and his agent made it clear that he would only be moving on loan to Celtic, but Roberts wasn't able to get regular starts last season even when fit. A club like yours should be looking for better IMO. 

Roberts was a huge favourite at Celtic.  He had an injury this season.  They were desperate to keep him.  You should know that

As for Mahrez, Leicester are trying it on, and why wouldn't they.  But they'll have to back down.  £70m is more than fair for a player who has wanted to leave for some time.

3 minutes ago, Naz said:

Roberts was a huge favourite at Celtic.  He had an injury this season.  They were desperate to keep him.  You should know that

As for Mahrez, Leicester are trying it on, and why wouldn't they.  But they'll have to back down.  £70m is more than fair for a player who has wanted to leave for some time.

70m for a player statistically better than Coutinho & Hazard that plays for a team that can’t play proper possession football and can’t create chances? ? 

Just now, SheppyFox said:

70m for a player statistically better than Coutinho & Hazard that plays for a team that can’t play proper possession football and can’t create chances? ? 

That's a lot more than City have ever paid before.  Granted the player is in the class of hazard and Couthinho, but Mahrez is not happy at Leicester and City know that.  If you don't want to sell him, you don't have to.  

I only commented on here because of that other manchester city fan bad-mouthing our player.  patrick roberts is a really good young player.  He had a bad injury at Celtic last season and that's the only reason he didn't play.  City were hoping he would go on loan to a Premier League club but he wanted to go back to Celtic because he was loved up there.  

10 minutes ago, Naz said:

That's a lot more than City have ever paid before.  Granted the player is in the class of hazard and Couthinho, but Mahrez is not happy at Leicester and City know that.  If you don't want to sell him, you don't have to.  

I only commented on here because of that other manchester city fan bad-mouthing our player.  patrick roberts is a really good young player.  He had a bad injury at Celtic last season and that's the only reason he didn't play.  City were hoping he would go on loan to a Premier League club but he wanted to go back to Celtic because he was loved up there.  

I’d like Roberts :) I’d prefer if we didn’t sell Mahrez, it would almost be worth losing out on the money and letting him go on a free in two years ?

To summise where we appear to be (or recently were),  blue moon seem to think that we brought Roberts into the deal having originally said we didn’t want the player (how come we changed our mind? did an alternative target fall through? ). And the loyalty bonus is a sticking point between us and mahrez. I wonder where we are legally on that one?