Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

Btw, outside of Leicester and Algeria, nearly everyone thinks we’re taking the p1ss re his valuation. Sixty mill is the absolute ceiling. 

why don’t they include goals/assists etc as part of a large ‘add ons’ section. (Taking the price higher than we have asked for). If he is as good as we think then we collect. They ultimately are happy to pay.   Say 57m + 30m add ons by the end of season two. 

Liverpool put an unrealistic price on coutinho and Neymar release was crazy - but both players moved. If no one is willing to pay our valuation on RM then there is a message in that.

3 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Looking forward to seeing the lock appear on this subject. Riyad isnt our player anymore in his mind and he's starting to feel like a nasty boil stuck to my backside.

Well, he needs to get his mind right then. He’s our player until someone pays what he’s worth, and there are no signs of that happening. 

He could yet start the season still a fox. 

• Like 1

Only problem for us is that we either sell this window or the next or accept that he’ll go for a much smaller fee.

it’s quite dynamic - if I were Man City and I thought no-one else is interested at £75m, then i’d hold my ground for at least until pre-season training begins in anger.  

It’s a negotiation after all

Clubs and fans have no qualms about paying extortonate fees for players coming from abroad but seem to

think we are demanding too much for a former player of the year and proven premier league player? I dont get it.

1 minute ago, Finn Claw II said:

Only problem for us is that we either sell this window or the next or accept that he’ll go for a much smaller fee.

it’s quite dynamic - if I were Man City and I thought no-one else is interested at £75m, then i’d hold my ground for at least until pre-season training begins in anger.  

It’s a negotiation after all

agree - I cannot see him ‘breaking his neck’ to go the extra mile for us. If by some miracle we are in the top six and not out of touch with the CL places then he could become carried along by it all - this is the least likely scenario. Principles are good but they don’t pay the bills. If Man City wont meet our valuation then we have to be creative with add ons to get the final amount up to and potentially in excess of it. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Btw, outside of Leicester and Algeria, nearly everyone thinks we’re taking the p1ss re his valuation. Sixty mill is the absolute ceiling. 

why don’t they include goals/assists etc as part of a large ‘add ons’ section. (Taking the price higher than we have asked for). If he is as good as we think then we collect. They ultimately are happy to pay.   Say 57m + 30m add ons by the end of season two. 

Liverpool put an unrealistic price on coutinho and Neymar release was crazy - but both players moved. If no one is willing to pay our valuation on RM then there is a message in that.

Not necessarily. Other potential bidders maybe concerned that Man City appear to be leading the way and don't want to get caught up in a bidding war conscious that Man City have the financial muscle to out bid any potential suitors.

I agree that to some extent market forces do influence price, however Man City's offer is incongruent with recent transfer activity given that Van Dijk went for a higher fee, and they themselves paid a similar sum to what they have offered us for an uncapped centre back.

Again looking at the market as it stands it would not be unrealistic to compare Mahrez statistically to Hazard, Firmino, and Eriksen, yet all of these players were they to leave their respective clubs would be significantly higher in price than the figures associated with Man City's attempts to sign Mahrez. 

Also, selling a footballer isn't like selling a house whereby supply and demand solely dictate the valuation. The club will have to factor in the costs of a like for like replacement which would be in excess of the fee we'd get from Man City (bear in mind that if there was a similar quality player in the market then Man City would be after them instead), cost of wages which again would far exceed what we pay Mahrez, along with the financial impact to the club should he leave (i.e. Image rights, sponsorship, lost revenue related to league position, etc).

I think the club are going about this the right way. We're not a selling club these days. There's no need to be hasty and rush in to selling our prized asset. In fact I think that the club would be wise to hold off until after the World Cup when the market gets going again and money starts exchanging hands for the tournaments top performers as it'll probably give everyone a better indication of market values. We'd be extremely naive to rush into concluding a deal with Man City only to see the market get going again next month with average players moving for the same fee. 

Edited by ian_marshall
  • Like 1

A lot of potential suitors will be put off by his airport antics , trying to force a move, striking, sulking and general lack of professionalism. There’s a lot more to a new player than fancy dan skills. Team harmony trumps that

• Like 2

cant wait to see other teams fans saying the same crap 

"Leicester should just accept £60 mil for Mahrez, for all hes done for the club etc"

aot can be said on the whole issue etc tbh, Man City trying to look like they havent turned the players head and everything but they have, and only willing to pay what is it £60mil on Mahrez when they were more than willing to pay £57mil on Laporte; whos not got any of the honours Mahrez has to his name, im pretty sure if Mahrez was at a european club then Man City would have already paid the £75mil we want,

just because we are little old leicester doesnt mean we should sell probably the best player who will ever play for us for peanuts

• Like 2

already seeing some Man City fans saying he isnt worth £75mil, 

in the certain climate he certainly is....but once again, hes at little old Leicester so £75mil and a player cant be right:rolleyes:

all in all though looking at the whole situation, id probably take a figure nearer £70mil, hes worth more but the fact the transfere window closes early this season doesnt help at all in this one

Edited by FrankieADZ

Take £65-£70m cash. This will massively backfire if they hold out for more, you can bet your bottom dollar Mahrez won’t turn up to pre season on the 2nd of July. No other clubs will go anywhere near £65m knowing we have a situation on our hands where a player will refuse to play. Take the cash and invest it, £65/£70m could get you two very good players.  

• Like 1

Man city are jokers.

Just keep Mahrez he is worth more to Leicester than 60 Mill he will be in a strop for about 2 months offer him a large contract after could you imagine our new upgraded team with Mahrez included.

Leicester do not need the money we are not a selling club either pay the money we want or look else where no skin off our backs.

• Like 2

heres a plan tell man city to f*** off, then tell mahrez that he signed a contract so get back to work or we will fine ur pretty little arse. hows that for sound management.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoyFox said:

Take £65-£70m cash. This will massively backfire if they hold out for more, you can bet your bottom dollar Mahrez won’t turn up to pre season on the 2nd of July. No other clubs will go anywhere near £65m knowing we have a situation on our hands where a player will refuse to play. Take the cash and invest it, £65/£70m could get you two very good players.  

I'm confident it will be worked out. We need to sell because the player's head has been well and truly turned and he has two years left on his contract. Man City need to buy because where else can you get a player with Mahrez's CV with Balon d'Or 7th place, PFA POTY and his goals and assists for £70m? Even if they pull out another English team will probably come in for Mahrez at these prices, the only thing that stops them now could be not wanting to look second choice to Man City and just helping Leicester get our price.

I've seen on the Man City forum alternative suggestions are the likes of Zaha. Choosing Zaha over Mahrez is like deciding to date the pretty girl who works on the checkout in Morrisons when you have a real chance of dating Jennifer Lawrence if only you really put the effort in.

1 minute ago, bpfox said:

heres a plan tell man city to f*** off, then tell mahrez that he signed a contract so get back to work or we will fine ur pretty little arse. hows that for sound management.

Pretty shit if we're honest.

You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.