Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It'll be £60m, we'll reluctantly let him go for that figure.

Let him go for £60m and a £40m add on if he gets PFA POTY or a top ten Balon d'Or finish in the rest of his career.

That way Man City get their price and we're prepared to gamble that he's going to be a world class player. Apart from Mahrez the only current players at English teams with a PFA POTY are Kante, Salah and Hazard. Try turning up to their clubs with your £60m and see where that gets you. There is no current English based player who has a 7th placed Balon d'Or finish. 

Surrendering to their price and a huge add on is a "money where your mouth is" statement. After all if Mahrez was to have two PFA POTY awards or two top ten Balon d'Or finishes in his career that's world class and £100m well spent in anyone's book.

how about we try and get a much better player other than a kid, so say 60 million and a good midfielder, we hold the upper hand so take of the kit gloves and get down and dirty, nothing to lose.

We've already got his upgraded replacement in a position of need. Let him go for a tenner and pay his disloyalty bonus.

Time to move on.

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Some great comments

Nice to know that we are a poor club :rolleyes:

I think you misread it:

"I think some are forgetting that City are not a 'poor' club. The owners are very successful business men that are currently spending £80m on a new training complex and also planning to expand the King Power Stadium. They will not be bullied. Any club that wants Riyad will have to pay the price."

I think some are forgetting that City are not a 'poor' club. The owners are very successful business men that are currently spending £80m on a new training complex and also planning to expand the King Power Stadium. They will not be bullied. Any club that wants Riyad will have to pay the price.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Buce said:

I think you misread it:

"I think some are forgetting that City are not a 'poor' club. The owners are very successful business men that are currently spending £80m on a new training complex and also planning to expand the King Power Stadium. They will not be bullied. Any club that wants Riyad will have to pay the price."

I think some are forgetting that City are not a 'poor' club. The owners are very successful business men that are currently spending £80m on a new training complex and also planning to expand the King Power Stadium. They will not be bullied. Any club that wants Riyad will have to pay the price.

That was in response to the comment below.

"mahrez should have left just after the title winning like kante did, he mad a HUGE a HUGE mistake when he signed a new 4 yrs contract, pretty stupid when would you sign a 4 yrs with a poor club like Leicester when you are sooo talented, he shouldn't have, and now they want to destroy his career on not letting him fulfill his dreams, pretty harsh and nasty"

Just now, Spudulike said:

"mahrez should have left just after the title winning like kante did, he mad a HUGE a HUGE mistake when he signed a new 4 yrs contract, pretty stupid when would you sign a 4 yrs with a poor club like Leicester when you are sooo talented, he shouldn't have, and now they want to destroy his career on not letting him fulfill his dreams, pretty harsh and nasty"

Apologies, I didn't see that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

Fed up of reading that we have betrayed him. He has had 2 clubs in for him, poverty Roma and Man City, not like we are refusing hundreds of bids to make his life a misery.

I really don't get all the hate for our club. It is so straightforward any fool should see it, pay what he is worth and he moves on. Simples.

14 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Fed up of reading that we have betrayed him. He has had 2 clubs in for him, poverty Roma and Man City, not like we are refusing hundreds of bids to make his life a misery.

How do we know this ??

Seems to be a story being made. No facts, just speculation. 2+ 2 = ??

28 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Lol.  Stupid to sign with a team in the champs league and just won the league. Destroy his career. Lol going to city will end his career when he sits in the bench 85% of the time.  Fulfill his dreams. Aaaaaaa hahahaha. Im sure when little mahrez was growing up he dreamt of one day playing for both leicester city and manchester city. I can see him as a 10 year old lad now with a half and half scarf on dreaming away.

Tossers.

100 pages though!

• Like 1

Was hoping this had been done by now, can see it getting ugly again very soon. Never seen so much vitriol to a selling club just because we’re not bending over and taking it. For all of his talent he’s just not that much of a desired commodity to clubs for whatever reasons. Is that our fault?

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Was hoping this had been done by now, can see it getting ugly again very soon. Never seen so much vitriol to a selling club just because we’re not bending over and taking it. For all of his talent he’s just not that much of a desired commodity to clubs for whatever reasons. Is that our fault?

Agreed. Nobody else seems to want him in the prem league..i mean burnley would for a tenner

I feel like we've moved on from Mahrez now. Take a decent wedge and look to the future.

A player who won us lots of games through individual brilliance,and make no mistake he is a game changer. Ultimately though his style of play, very individualistic and lacking the basics of being able to pass and help construct moves, made our overall team play more disjointed. I feel we'll be a more rounded and fluid team after his departure even though we'll miss his goals and assists out of nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To me is a tough stance we have to take.  You cant let a big club take your best player for below market value. That doesnt help us at all in any way.

We are okay with selling and have a price. So pay the price or fook off and buy someone else.

Simple.

Why not sell agureo to us for 30 mill?

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1