Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

It's embarrassing reading comments like 'Man City aren't a big club'. This is a team who could go out and sign any player in the world they wanted (bar one or two exceptions). A team that's won the premiership multiple times and now multiple cups.

That said, I'm glad we are holding out for near to 75m, but let's not forget that they are a 'big' club and one with significant pulling power.

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Reckon he'll stay at LCFC for the rest of his career as things stand.

If he doesn't go in this present transfer window, when it's widely expected that he would do, then not sure if he's being genuine in his past transfer requests.

You think he would sign a new contract 

when he can run it down and walk into a mega deal when it expires if he doesn’t go this year??

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been put on here but apparently Man City are looking at moving on soon if we don't budge on our valuation.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-transfer-riyad-mahrez-14804415

Not sure how reliable the website is though so could be bull.

Edited by TheMightySystem
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

If your revenue has only bought in 350 million in 5 years but your expenditure is 1.8 billion in 5 years there's a huge problem 

Man City's revenue over the last 5 years is well over 2 billion euros.  (close to 2 billion pounds)

ManCit.JPG.b062b66b70c60463e98b32148267be26.JPG

11 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

I'm saying there expenditure is more than there income by about 600% you can google that I'm confident il be close with that 

No, they haven't spent 12 billion euros lol

They have carried forward some fairly serious losses, about half a billion before they started raking it in.  However, four years running (since 2013) they have declared a small profit.  Simply put, they got away with it.  Now, they are not only swimming in cash, they need only make their pennies to stay clear of the law.  Just what they are doing.

9 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

This is a forum built on opinions. 

If I want to say that man city's expenditure is higher than what they bring in through revenue then I will say that.

Off my post that you polity replied to before I was saying that as a example not factual as you can see in my post below.

I then uploaded a pic that they have spend billions.

So yea if I wanna spout it I will.

And grief from you is the least of my worries lol lol lol

"They got away with financial murder", or "It will catch up to them" would be (very defensible) opinions.  "Expenditure is higher than revenue", like your figures and percentages, is neither an "opinion" nor an "example".  What you posted here, is ...      Well, STOP to tell IT or one Mr Benalouane will two-foot you, studs up.

8 hours ago, Buce said:

What gave it away?

Well I used my powers of deductive reasoning after I realised something was wrong, got my blackboard and chalk out, spent some time and careful thought on the thread and finally looked at the user name and by George there it was

Imagine though if by chance he does stay. With the signings we've made so far and him in the team still, we'd surely be favourites in the league for a Europa spot? 

Maybe Riyad will warm a little to staying now that he's not surrounded by absolute guff in some areas of the pitch. 

Wishful thinking! 

In reality, Any player is only worth what another Club or Clubs are willing to pay.  If no one comes in and offers more than Etihad Airlines, then for the well being of our Club and for us being able to move on, may be we should reconsider our position unless this entails wedging up his leach of an Agent. Each week that goes but we are still paying RM 100k.

This poker game as surely run out of steam now and everyone is becoming extremely bored.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

On finances - Man City are massive. 

As result of major investment they're now recognised as a major European player. 

However, if they think with 2 premier league titles, an FA Cup and almost going a season unbeaten makes them ever close a big a club as Man United or Liverpool in terms of prestigious. They seriously need to behave themselves. 

Man City are still ugly best mate you pull when the fit friend you really want (Man U) are not interested. I don't even need to know him but if you offered the same deal to Mahrez from United or Man City, I can guess who's he pick. 

P.S Riyad, please stay.

It's 3 Premier league titles in 7 seasons:

2011-12, 2013-14, 2017-18.

I don't know if this has been said but if it is true that a deal was reached in principle for RM that was worth 75m (60m in cash + PR worth 15m) then it seems to me that Man City have accepted our valuation of RM ie 75m. If we now do not want PR that does not alter the valuation that both clubs agreed. It is therefore up to Man City to decide that if they still want RM and how they are going to pay for him or were they trying to pull a fast one in terms of the the valuation of PR. It is nothing to do with size of club > RM is our asset , they agree with our valuation, so simply pay up and he becomes their player. I feel for RM who is stuck in the middle but that's life  and he is not suffering any financial hardship. I believe that the only compromise will be if our owners decide they need the cash for reinvestment in the squad more than they need the extra cash. I don't give a fig if Man City walk away that is prerogative but should  in no way influence our decision.

• Like 1

Let's face it. He'll stay if nobody wants him because he's getting a massive wedge of cash every week. He doesn't want to be here. He is making our team worse by being here. But nobody wants him. Have ManCity even put an offer in? My understanding is that they haven't only discussed possibilities and NO-ONE else has even been interested.

Just like for houses, the owner can put any price they want on a player but in the end he's worth what the purchaser pays. 

Please don't let him take our club down. We've made some great signings, find a buyer, take their cash and let's move on. European football is in our grasp this season.

6 minutes ago, FIF said:

Let's face it. He'll stay if nobody wants him because he's getting a massive wedge of cash every week. He doesn't want to be here. He is making our team worse by being here. But nobody wants him. Have ManCity even put an offer in? My understanding is that they haven't only discussed possibilities and NO-ONE else has even been interested.

Just like for houses, the owner can put any price they want on a player but in the end he's worth what the purchaser pays. 

Please don't let him take our club down. We've made some great signings, find a buyer, take their cash and let's move on. European football is in our grasp this season.

Complete and utter nonsensical bollocks. He's our best player by a country mile.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FIF said:

So deluded.

16 minutes ago, FIF said:

Something tells me that you don't like him very much and unless you spent the past two months under a rock, you should know that ManCity did bid for him and negociations are on-going.

Edited by That_Dude

I love Mahrez, I'm sure some of his detractors on here would moan about Messi if he played for us. The season when we won the title he was probably the third best player in the world that season behind the obvious two. 

He needs to leave though both for his sake and Leicester's, our time together was beautiful but it's now over. If the difference in valuation between the two clubs is £10m or under then it will get done eventually. Either Mahrez will have to give up his "loyalty bonus" or signing on fee or both clubs are just going to have to suck it up and pay/receive a few million more than they would like. I don't think anyone walks away from a deal this big over a few million quid. I wouldn't be surprised if it's more of a battle of wills now than about the money. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Complete and utter nonsensical bollocks. He's our best player by a country mile.

Well maybe he's our third or fourth best player after Vardy, Maguire and Ndidi, when he can be bothered.

24 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

So deluded.

After reading your posts I'll take that as a compliment.

18 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Something tells me that you don't like him very much and unless you spent the past two months under a rock, you should know that ManCity did bid for him and negociations are on-going.

I like him but don't like his atitude or actions. From what I understand Mancity have only discussed scenarios with us they haven't actually made a bid - can you give me an ITK who states any differently? They didn't make an actual bid in January either.

Another point on Mahrez's "loyalty bonus" complications. The whip hand is with the club on this point, Mahrez withdrawing his transfer request is probably a sore point with people at the club as he's obviously done it in name only. 

If the club insist he waives his claim to his "loyalty bonus" there's not much Mahrez can do about it and the money saved from this might make the transfer deal palatable to us. Mahrez and his agent may bitch and moan about it but if the options to him are to stay at Leicester for the next two years on £100k a week or move tomorrow to Man City on £150k a week then he'll be pissed off but headed up the M6.