Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

3 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

I'd put spurs above arsenal nowadays, obviously the Leicester inclusion was a joke, I'd put liverpool there in reality. I would say that is the top 10 clubs in the world right now though. 

AC Milan are a crap team though.

7 hours ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Man City are a Rich Club, not a Big Club.

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United are BIG CLUBS.

Christ they cannot even fill their stadium, something all the teams above easily do.

And yet averaged 54,070 last season.  Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man Utd became big clubs by winning stuff.  Leicester grew by winning the Premier League. 

7 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

I honestly beleave all this spending man city have done is going to bite them in the arse they will fall in the future and go  into administration.

They have literally not achieved anything without buying it amd such a huge expense 

There is absolutely no doubt that the City takeover transformed City and gave us an opportunity to compete with Utd.  No Man City fan would argue with that.  I don't agree about the finances though.  City have won 3 titles in 7 seasons in a time when the Premier League has been awash with money and City have revenues of £473m p.a which is 2nd only to Man Utd in England. 

Where we might have a problem is if we finished outside the top 4 and had to rebuild the side.  I think City need 3-4 more years of success and we need to extend the ground to 60,000 plus to give us the financial strength to ride out the inevitable bad years.  The Premier League is so competitive at the top (unlike Germany and Spain) that there will come a season when City will get kicked out of the top 4.  

What we have achieved by investing in the infrastructure of the club: ground, training ground, academy and facilities around the stadium is to build the club up to a degree now where Man City is self-sustaining.  Guardiola spent record amounts to rebuild the side, and in his first season we still managed to turn a profit of £1m.  It's a pity that UEFA and the Premier League changed the rules after City's spending and now no one else can invest in their football clubs and challenge what is now a cartel of effectively 6 clubs.  This is very dangerous for English football.  Soon fans will get tired of fighting relegation.

Leicester are possibly the exception to the rule because you did the impossible, but no one else has done it, and all but 6-7 clubs are in a season long relegation struggle every season.  How long will fans on Newcastle, Everton etc be happy with this?  A few years and then it will have to change.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

The sooner this is done the better, I will miss the mercurial genius part of his game,however, I will not miss the disruptive strops and cvntish disrespectful behaviour. I hate feeling that way and sadly I actually want him gone asap :unsure:

When a player wants to go, it's best to get what you can and move on.  I am not sure that Manchester City will buy Mahrez.  It's been obvious for a while that City are in for a wide forward.  First we were in for Sanchez, and then Mahrez and that's only the players we know about, but there are other forwards as well.  PSG have to sell players this Summer, Real Madrid will probably rebuild.  City have a very good international scouting network now with Txiki Birgiristain the ex-Barcelona player and Football director.  He bought Sane and Jesus so although Mahrez and Hazard are the standout wide forwards in the English game at the moment (apart from Sterling and Sane), there will be other players as well.  My dream signing would be Mbappe.

City fans are very fortunate that we can plot transfer moves and raid other players for clubs.  But we do know how lucky we are, and we know what it feels like to lose and get relegated.

9 hours ago, MCFC said:

All of that is true and at no point did I deny it. The injury wasn't as bad as initially thought and he was back in full training as early as March but didn't do enough to earn his place back. They wanted to keep him and he chose to go back despite M. City insisting that his only chance of breaking into our first team is if he spent a season on loan at a Premier League club. To me (and the club) that shows a lack of ambition. 

I wish Roberts had gone on loan to a Premier League club, then we'd really know how good he is.  He was one of the outstanding young players in English football when we bought him, but he's been at Celtic ever since and no one knows what to make of a player excelling at Celtic after all Sinclair does well there.  It does not mean that much. 

On finances - Man City are massive. 

As result of major investment they're now recognised as a major European player. 

However, if they think with 2 premier league titles, an FA Cup and almost going a season unbeaten makes them ever close a big a club as Man United or Liverpool in terms of prestigious. They seriously need to behave themselves. 

Man City are still ugly best mate you pull when the fit friend you really want (Man U) are not interested. I don't even need to know him but if you offered the same deal to Mahrez from United or Man City, I can guess who's he pick. 

P.S Riyad, please stay.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

On finances - Man City are massive. 

As result of major investment they're now recognised as a major European player. 

However, if they think with 2 premier league titles, an FA Cup and almost going a season unbeaten makes them ever close a big a club as Man United or Liverpool in terms of prestigious. They seriously need to behave themselves. 

Man City are still ugly best mate you pull when the fit friend you really want (Man U) are not interested. I don't even need to know him but if you offered the same deal to Mahrez from United or Man City, I can guess who's he pick. 

P.S Riyad, please stay.

He'd pick Man City...

Current champions and managed by a man who encourages attacking football. 

Why would he want to put himself in Jose's system?

• Like 3

Reckon he'll stay at LCFC for the rest of his career as things stand.

If he doesn't go in this present transfer window, when it's widely expected that he would do, then not sure if he's being genuine in his past transfer requests.

22 minutes ago, Naz said:

When a player wants to go, it's best to get what you can and move on.  I am not sure that Manchester City will buy Mahrez.  It's been obvious for a while that City are in for a wide forward.  First we were in for Sanchez, and then Mahrez and that's only the players we know about, but there are other forwards as well.  PSG have to sell players this Summer, Real Madrid will probably rebuild.  City have a very good international scouting network now with Txiki Birgiristain the ex-Barcelona player and Football director.  He bought Sane and Jesus so although Mahrez and Hazard are the standout wide forwards in the English game at the moment (apart from Sterling and Sane), there will be other players as well.  My dream signing would be Mbappe.

City fans are very fortunate that we can plot transfer moves and raid other players for clubs.  But we do know how lucky we are, and we know what it feels like to lose and get relegated.

Agree on letting go but our owners will not let anyone have our pants down on his value, they've shown that, and I fully support their stance. Yes having money and good owners is definitely a blessing when you've suffered the arse end of football ?