Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Leicester City 0-0 Southampton - Vote Now

21 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

5's for everyone including the manager.

Can see the manager confidence sinking into a historic depth.

Really,

Thought it was our best performance in a while.

6's for most

5 for Silva

Albrighton, Dragovich, Maguire 7

Iheanacho 8

21 minutes ago, FIF said:

Really,

6's for most

5 for Silva

Iheanacho 8

I don't give 8s or 7s for a draw at home.

2 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

I don't give 8s or 7s for a draw at home.

I give marks for performances, not for results. If Mahrez had hit that ball instead of side footing it, if Vardy's shot had not been at the keeper, if Iheanacho's had curled inside the post we'd have won. That wouldn't have changed the good performances that some of the defenders put in at all. Not sure why people mark a result and not a performance. 

2 minutes ago, Adster said:

Unfortunately, it's what most of our fans do. 

You know if we'd of won that game yesterday, people on here would be dishing out 8/9's. But because a few goals didn't go in, it's 4/5/6s for everyone. 

Makes absolutely zero sense, considering a lot of the players yesterday played well, and we played some nice stuff at times. Just because we didn't win, doesn't mean Dragovic should get a lower rating. 

Totally agree with you, I thought Dragovic had a good game, 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Nobody was particularly poor, however, nobody was particularly good. Southampton were awful so we didn't need to defend. Already forgot the game. 

5s and 6s. 4s for Silva and Mahrez.

Hamer - 6 - Decent distribution and important save. Not a lot to do though.

Albrighton - 6 - Thought he did a decent job although he's not got the positional awareness yet to play RB.

Dragovic - 5 - Didn't have much to do.

Maguire - 5 - Wasn't his night. Didn't look as good on the ball as usual.

Chilwell - 5 - Poor crossing but worked hard.

Mahrez - 4 - I think at times he tried too much (trying to beat everyone by himself) and other times he looked disinterested.

Silva - 4 - Shocking passing but can't fault his effort. I just don't think he's good enough.

Ndidi - 5- 6 first half, 4 second half.

Gray - 6 - Looked lively at times but he doesn't play to his strengths enough for me. When he gets his head down he's hard to stop.

Iheanacho - 6 - 8 first half, 4 second half.

Vardy - 5 - **** all service but he doesn't exactly come looking for the ball.

Diabate - 6 - I like the impact he has on games. He always wants the ball too.

Hamza and Barnes - Good to see them given a go but ffs, what a waste of time with 1 minute to go.

Puel - 5 - He's not reactionary enough IMO. Like the way he set the team up but it's going to take time to learn his system. I'd give him the summer and up to Christmas.

Southampton - 3 - ****ing hell they were abysmal. Absolutely no effort to win the game.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Hamer - 6 - Decent distribution and important save. Not a lot to do though.

Albrighton - 6 - Thought he did a decent job although he's not got the positional awareness yet to play RB.

Dragovic - 5 - Didn't have much to do.

Maguire - 5 - Wasn't his night. Didn't look as good on the ball as usual.

Chilwell - 5 - Poor crossing but worked hard.

Mahrez - 4 - I think at times he tried too much (trying to beat everyone by himself) and other times he looked disinterested.

Silva - 4 - Shocking passing but can't fault his effort. I just don't think he's good enough.

Ndidi - 5- 6 first half, 4 second half.

Gray - 6 - Looked lively at times but he doesn't play to his strengths enough for me. When he gets his head down he's hard to stop.

Iheanacho - 6 - 8 first half, 4 second half.

Vardy - 5 - **** all service but he doesn't exactly come looking for the ball.

Diabate - 6 - I like the impact he has on games. He always wants the ball too.

Hamza and Barnes - Good to see them given a go but ffs, what a waste of time with 1 minute to go.

Puel - 5 - He's not reactionary enough IMO. Like the way he set the team up but it's going to take time to learn his system. I'd give him the summer and up to Christmas.

Southampton - 3 - ****ing hell they were abysmal. Absolutely no effort to win the game.

His movement is poor. I said it at Burnley on Saturday.

But our movement in general is poor. Every player constantly static.

• Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

His movement in the box is world class, outside of the box it's sunday league.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

I thought Silva was dreadful 

I thought his intricate passing was excellent, particularly between himself, Mahrez and Iheanacho in the first half. Seems to lack a bit on the long range passing though.

6 hours ago, FIF said:

Really,

6's for most

5 for Silva

Iheanacho 8

Pretty much agree with those scores FIF. Your comment that, "it was our best performance in a while", is accurate - but the 'while' can only refer to our home games - we have put in a few decent shifts away from home. Goodness knows how CP manages to cock it up so well at the KP!   

Edited by Outfox the Fox

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

100% has to be manager’s instructions. He used to run the channels all the time. Now, he never does. I think he’s told to stay central on the last man.

Hamer 7 Great save from Long that kept us in the game 

Albrighton 7 Maxium effort as ever. Lovely through ball for Vardy that almost resulted in a goal 

Dragovic 8 MOTM. So assured 

Maguire 7 Did fine 

Chilwell 7 Kept trying down that left hand side. Not his fault we are a team of midgets so his crosses come to nothing 

Mahrez 5 He’s lost interest. Average 

Ndidi 6 Some good interceptions but he’s played better 

Silva 4 Cannot believe he can be so good at Burnley and then put in a performance like that. Gave the ball away so so many times 

Gray 6 Kept going but lacked end product

Iheanacho 6 First half some really good link up play. Second half abysmal. Went back to being half asleep and generally, brainless 

Vardy 6 Plenty of endeavour as usual but lacked service 

Subs were ridiculous- what’s the point in Chaudhury and Barnes with about 90 seconds to go?! 

Boring performance. 

19 hours ago, FIF said:

I give marks for performances, not for results. If Mahrez had hit that ball instead of side footing it, if Vardy's shot had not been at the keeper, if Iheanacho's had curled inside the post we'd have won. That wouldn't have changed the good performances that some of the defenders put in at all. Not sure why people mark a result and not a performance. 

Yes but unfortunately the goals you score and concede are pretty important factors in how a teams performance is regarded.

A team destined for relegation were never really troubled. How many saves did their keeper have to make? 

Defensively we were fine, but from an attacking perspective we were poor.

Edited by Sublime_Coatsworth

4 hours ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Yes but unfortunately the goals you score and concede are pretty important factors in how a teams performance is regarded.

A team destined for relegation were never really troubled. How many saves did their keeper have to make? 

Defensively we were fine, but from an attacking perspective we were poor.

But we're talking about the rating for individual performances. Mahrez or Vardy not scoring shouldn't affect Dragovic's marks and likewise an error by Simpson allowing a goal shouldn't affect Vardy's mark.

A team destined for relegation who had scored 2 in each of their previous games scored none against our previously leaky defence and their well organized defence stopped our attackers scoring. So why would that be 5's all round.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

But we're talking about the rating for individual performances. Mahrez or Vardy not scoring shouldn't affect Dragovic's marks and likewise an error by Simpson allowing a goal shouldn't affect Vardy's mark.

A team destined for relegation who had scored 2 in each of their previous games scored none against our previously leaky defence and their well organized defence stopped our attackers scoring. So why would that be 5's all round.

Yeah, but it’s also worth bearing in mind the weak attack Southampton put out against us, most of the time it was just one isolated player. Essentially our defence had to deal with one of the weakest attacks they’ve had to face.

Lets also not forget that we failed to put any real pressure on their keeper. Our inability to pressure them in the final third should have a huge impact on both our forwards and midfield player scores.