Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

Guest FriendlyRam

Nope 

Turns out Rowett is a snake so good luck to Stoke 

We ain't challenging next year whoever is in charge anyway but this stings, I think it was done months ago and if so that's the second time this has happened to us now :( 

Rowett isn't all that either, his football is attrition to put it nicely. We need someone who will give youth a chance and ultimately rebuild, step forward Warburton imo.

6 minutes ago, FriendlyRam said:

Nope 

We ain't challenging next year whoever is in charge anyway but this stings, I think it was done months ago and if so that's the second time this has happened to us now :( 

Rowett isn't all that either, his football is attrition to put it nicely. We need someone who will give youth a chance and ultimately rebuild, step forward Warburton imo.

Really? Terrible reputation at Rangers and Forest for a lot of weird weird decisions and awful relationship with players. Also most Brentford fans were saying “we told you so” when he flopped at both of those

I’d be more along the lines of the current Brentford boss Dean Smith, if you want to give youth a chance he has been the head of youth dev and successful with youth at Walsall.  Or the ostersunds Guy (they were both on stokes shortlist) 

Also as unnatractive as it may seem, the person in that division who has done the best with no money (which is apparently your position now) is good old Mick McCarthy! 

Edited by AjcW

Guest FriendlyRam
52 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Really? Terrible reputation at Rangers and Forest for a lot of weird weird decisions and awful relationship with players. Also most Brentford fans were saying “we told you so” when he flopped at both of those

I’d be more along the lines of the current Brentford boss Dean Smith, if you want to give youth a chance he has been the head of youth dev and successful with youth at Walsall.  Or the ostersunds Guy (they were both on stokes shortlist) 

Also as unnatractive as it may seem, the person in that division who has done the best with no money (which is apparently your position now) is good old Mick McCarthy! 

I'd take Mick McCarthy, but will he want another club under massive financial restraints? esp with the abuse he took at Ipswich, and trust me our fan base can be much more toxic than Ipswich. 

im not surprised Rowett is going Stoke tbh, probably knows hes got more a chance of promotion there than Derby, given Morris want to cut cost at the rams now

plus the fact the stoke owner wont stick the nose in like Mel Morris has done at Derby, though seeing the #DCFC hashtag on twitter, some derby fans are more deluded that us......and thats a bloody feet in itselflol

28 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Why would it make him a **** to want to leave for a bigger job?

Just seems to have a very high opinion of himself without much substance for it.

He was sacked by Birmingham for a similar (if slightly more impressive) reason some of our academy team were let go after Thailand.

He also shithoused Derby into the play offs playing dire football (if anyone around them had been in form they would be 10th/11th) and then tried to get into the final by defending a one goal lead away form home to one of the best attacking sides in the league.

His success at Burton was great, but then everyone there had success it reminded me a little bit of Swansea, almost as if it was there time and that any manger who took over would be able to do well up to a certain point (that point being their relegation this season)

Just think he owed Derby another season to be honest, which is why I asked whether he has been driven out or he's just decided he's better than he is. 

Birmingham haven't exactly been any better off since he left, regardless of how he exited.

He got Derby into the play-offs, that isn't something that can be taken away simply because IF another team had been better they'd have taken their place, always seems a strange logic to me. Derby got into them because they were one of the top 6 best teams in the division last year. IF 23 teams in the division were better than them they'd have gone down - hypotheticals aren't a stick you can use to beat someone with to discredit what they've achieved. Because they haven't happened.

And as mentioned he did plenty of good work at Burton.

I think he's a steady manager at that level, still learning – and he'll do a good job at Stoke.

• Like 2

Guest FriendlyRam
9 hours ago, AjcW said:

Just seems to have a very high opinion of himself without much substance for it.

He was sacked by Birmingham for a similar (if slightly more impressive) reason some of our academy team were let go after Thailand.

He also shithoused Derby into the play offs playing dire football (if anyone around them had been in form they would be 10th/11th) and then tried to get into the final by defending a one goal lead away form home to one of the best attacking sides in the league.

His success at Burton was great, but then everyone there had success it reminded me a little bit of Swansea, almost as if it was there time and that any manger who took over would be able to do well up to a certain point (that point being their relegation this season)

Just think he owed Derby another season to be honest, which is why I asked whether he has been driven out or he's just decided he's better than he is. 

There's one man that springs to mind when thinking of managers walking into the club after he's "sorted it" and that's Nigel Clough 

Burton were solid, built on solid rock for foundations, after 10 years of Nigel Clough, since then they've had 2 seasons in the Championship, which for a club their size is absolutely remarkable 

Us, you only have to look at what he left behind in 2013, a club with zero debt, a young vibrant team built on peanuts, and he set the club up for years of spending sprees (pity we squandered it and are now back to square 1 :(), but that 2013/14 season was the best season in a long time, and it was down to years of building under Clough, we had everything in place because of him, and we've just pis sed it all away because we have an owner who knows absolutely fu ck all about football sadly. 

Sheff United you could say are in a stronger position because of him as well, he was only there what 18 months? but he sorted the club out which allowed Wilder to go in and do his thing. Clough is very under appriciated by our lot and Sheff Us as well, but the man knows how to sort clubs out, and he does it quietly.

Surprised really can't say going from Derby to Stoke is a step forward now! Both play in the same division and I can imagine he'd have the same budget. No stability at Derby once again. Pretty sure if Rowett had stayed Derby would have gone up next season, he put together a good team that needed that little edge, mainly up front. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 minute ago, Tinman said:

Know a few  who are now going to renew now he has gone,attendances down 3k this season,Mad mel aint that mad

Behave. Does anyone really base their season ticket purchase on who manages the club?

PUEL OUT OR I WONT RENEW? Piss off

1 minute ago, SystonFox said:

Behave. Does anyone really base their season ticket purchase on who manages the club?

PUEL OUT OR I WONT RENEW? Piss off

If the style of football is shit.

Did you see us in the playoffs?

Edited by Tinman

I didn’t to be honest I just think it’s a crazy thing people say to make it sound like they’re coming back for a reason. The real reason is they love the club and they love football. Don’t try and be all manly saying now So and So is gone I can safely return to my seat. It’s bizarre

1 hour ago, FriendlyRam said:

There's one man that springs to mind when thinking of managers walking into the club after he's "sorted it" and that's Nigel Clough 

Burton were solid, built on solid rock for foundations, after 10 years of Nigel Clough, since then they've had 2 seasons in the Championship, which for a club their size is absolutely remarkable 

Us, you only have to look at what he left behind in 2013, a club with zero debt, a young vibrant team built on peanuts, and he set the club up for years of spending sprees (pity we squandered it and are now back to square 1 :(), but that 2013/14 season was the best season in a long time, and it was down to years of building under Clough, we had everything in place because of him, and we've just pis sed it all away because we have an owner who knows absolutely fu ck all about football sadly. 

Sheff United you could say are in a stronger position because of him as well, he was only there what 18 months? but he sorted the club out which allowed Wilder to go in and do his thing. Clough is very under appriciated by our lot and Sheff Us as well, but the man knows how to sort clubs out, and he does it quietly.

I was going to mention clough in my “who next” list but thought it was too easy... any rumours? 

Completely unpredictable league, Norwich or somebody else nobody is expecting to pull trees will probably storm the division.

I'd be happy with either Sheffield club, Leeds, Birmingham, Villa/Fulham or Millwall coming 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Completely unpredictable league, Norwich or somebody else nobody is expecting to pull trees will probably storm the division.

I'd be happy with either Sheffield club, Leeds, Birmingham, Villa/Fulham or Millwall coming 

Would absouletly love it if Millwall came up. 

The Premier league bigwigs would shit themselves at the thought of Millwall ruining their brand. 

9 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Would absouletly love it if Millwall came up. 

The Premier league bigwigs would shit themselves at the thought of Millwall ruining their brand. 

Yeah can see the Premier League, the FA. the Government, the Met and **** knows who else all shitting themselves at the prospect of Miiiiiiiiilllllll at West Ham's ground. It'd be the Premier League's first ever 9am kick off lol

Edited by Wookie

On 21/05/2018 at 21:43, Tinman said:

Cant blame this one on Melvin

On 21/05/2018 at 22:40, FriendlyRam said:

Nope 

Anger aside, are you 2 happy or disappointed that he has gone ?? ...   or somewhere inbetween ...   and would you say that most fans would agree with you ??

I always thought he was a good manager and probably would have got you up ...    and why did he leave ???????

Guest FriendlyRam

His football is not pretty but its effective, I wont criticise him for what he achieved with a bang average team, making the playoffs was a success in my eyes. 

But he is a backstabber and Birmingham and Burton fans can back us up on that

Guest FriendlyRam
1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Tell you what wouldn't be surprised and as laughable as it sounds Chris Coleman ending up at Derby.

We're passed caring mate lol 

Some of us have got to the point where a Vinnie Jones and Roy Keane double act wouldn't really bother us lol