Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

1 hour ago, SpazticChicken said:

aye, we were linked in one of the last two windows. Really didn't think he was good enough for us going off his YouTube reel, looked stumpy limbed and lacked agility but he should do well in the Champ.

Whatever happened to that lad Bayern picked up and left in their youth academy? came through at Barnsley first I think

Dale Jennings. Came through at Tranmere then left Bayern for Barnsley then went on to MK Dons but is now a free agent. Too much too soon for him sadly

Guest MattP

Why does Bamford go for so much money? So average and struggles to hold down a first team place even in the Championship. 

29 minutes ago, MattP said:

Why does Bamford go for so much money? So average and struggles to hold down a first team place even in the Championship. 

I don't rate him that highly but £7 million rising to 10 isn't too bad these days, his goal scoring record as an out-and-out striker at that level is about 1 in 2 and he's only 24.

Leeds needed that because they've signed some dud strikers since Wood left, Ekuban and Grot were / are atrocious and Lassogga was only a loan who petered out badly. Bamford is reliable in the Championship and that's what they need otherwise they'd be going into a season with Kemar Roofe as their only real player who can be effective up top and while he's good at that level – they needed someone else.

The Championship will definitely always be his ceiling, though. Bit like Nuge.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie

Guest MattP

Just had a look at his record - 35 goals in 92 in the Championship. Not great but not a disaster.

I'm struggling to come to terms with the fees in football to be honest.

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Just had a look at his record - 35 goals in 92 in the Championship. Not great but not a disaster.

All championship strikers should be worth £3m max like a few years back

2 hours ago, MattP said:

To think he cost 5 million less than Alan Shearer, dont care what era we are in thats a joke

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Alan Shearer moved twenty odd years ago – it's not really a joke. His value in this era would be astronomical.

i know im saying twenty years ago that could nearly bought you an alan shearer, its a joke how stupid the financial side of the game has become

27 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Mitrovic going for £22 million rising to £27 million is ridiculous. 

Sky think it’s wonderful. They were proud as punch the other day going on about how it’s nearly at £1billion pounds with 10 days of the window still left open.

They're so hyprocritical and so are their employees who constantly claim  we need to "save grassroots".

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

An Alan Shearer in today’s market. Jesus how on earth do you begin to quantify that? It’s Harry Kane levels plus? So £100million minimum really lol 

He'd be a steal at £100m in today's market.

It's easy to forget how many stunning goals he scored, especially earlier in his career. Left foot, right foot, 30 yards, 1 yard, headers, whatever. As he aged, he changed his game and still kept scoring. I think he was a complete striker. There haven't been that many complete strikers in any era really. They are like hens teeth.

4 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

He'd be a steal at £100m in today's market.

It's easy to forget how many stunning goals he scored, especially earlier in his career. Left foot, right foot, 30 yards, 1 yard, headers, whatever. As he aged, he changed his game and still kept scoring. I think he was a complete striker. There haven't been that many complete strikers in any era really. They are like hens teeth.

I think Ruud VN comes close. But I can’t think of many others. And even our very own Vardy equaled his record. One thing that always sticks out with shearer, something you don’t see a lot of how, is that when he hit it you already knew it had gone in lol. I’m biased as I’m half Geordie but seriously what a player! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think Ruud VN comes close. But I can’t think of many others. And even our very own Vardy equaled his record. One thing that always sticks out with shearer, something you don’t see a lot of how, is that when he hit it you already knew it had gone in lol. I’m biased as I’m half Geordie but seriously what a player! 

He did more than equal it. He broke it too.

download.jpeg.1ea36a894fed8e0238a3c3c7d6d12a1f.jpeg

"ALL MINE! ALL ****ING MINE!"

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I'm not a Geordie but I agree with you entirely. I'd also have him before RVN every time too.

Edited by Max Wall

Feel dirty saying it but I hope Lampard does well at Derby and takes them up. Always one of favourite premier league players and seems a genuinely nice guy. Met him in Covent Garden not long after our title win and he stood chatting to me for a good 5 minutes. Told him I was a city fan and he said what an amazing achievement the league win was

• Like 2

On 31/07/2018 at 22:59, Cardiff_Fox said:

Leeds and Derby picking up some smart signings. Brought a smile to the face reading that Lampard is playing Nugent upfront at Derby with Lawrence and Mount either side of him. 

I had a chat with Nugent after the Derby-Wolves friendly last weekend, where he scored the opener and made the winner.

I asked Lampard about him after and he was fulsome in his praise.

3 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

What do you think to Wigan’s chances this season? Pretty decent opening game for them 

I can see them actually starting off well, maybe top six first couple of months of the season. From then on will be interesting. Come May I think drift down a little, top 12 finish.

The teams I think will be in the top six...

Bristol City, Villa, Derby, Middlesbrough, Stoke and West Brom.

Going down...

Blackburn, Ipswich and Brentford.

Edited by Leicesterpool

6 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I can see them actually starting off well, maybe top six first couple of months of the season. From then on will be interesting. Come May I think drift down a little, top 12 finish.

The teams I think will be in the top six...

Bristol City, Villa, Derby, Middlesbrough, Stoke and West Brom.

Going down...

Blackburn, Ipswich and Brentford.

I think that’s a good shout, I can see Wigan being in the mix but being beaten to 6th by the team that always goes on that late run. 

They’ll win on Saturday against Wednesday. Aren’t they in a spot of financial bother?