Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

18 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Looks like Steve Bruce will get the chop today and be replaced by Henry :mellow:

Steve Bruce always seems to move on as soon as someone offers him tuppence more per week anyway so it was a matter of time before he was sacked/left.

He also has a habit of spending a fortune, usually on strikers and deserting clubs at the drop of a hat. Nine clubs in 18 years as a manager and 10 of those years were spent with Birmingham and Hull. I think they may be better served without him.

6 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Steve Bruce always seems to move on as soon as someone offers him tuppence more per week anyway so it was a matter of time before he was sacked/left.

He also has a habit of spending a fortune, usually on strikers and deserting clubs at the drop of a hat. Nine clubs in 18 years as a manager and 10 of those years were spent with Birmingham and Hull. I think they may be better served without him.

I guess.

On the flip side of that he completely overhauled a squad and very nearly still somehow got them promoted, whilst not quitting when his dad died and then still not quitting when his mum died soon after. 

Didn't have much control on transfers at Villa either as Xia let one of his cowboys do the job.

I guess the new investor has different ideas so Thierry gets his first break

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

I guess.

On the flip side of that he completely overhauled a squad and very nearly still somehow got them promoted, whilst not quitting when his dad died and then still not quitting when his mum died soon after. 

Didn't have much control on transfers at Villa either as Xia let one of his cowboys do the job.

I guess the new investor has different ideas so Thierry gets his first break

That's a fair point you make. Having said that, given that they spent more on wages than some prem clubs, they should have been expecting to challenge for promotion.

I'm not belittling his 'achievement' last season and it was obviously a difficult time for him personally but he just strikes me as having no loyalty whatsoever and being a 'ship jumper'. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Bielsa hasn’t done a single interview to Leeds United’s own media team or the local press since he was unveiled. They have signed two players, both loanees. It’s disaster all over it 

I shouldn't laugh and one should not judge a team by its pre-season performances, but Leeds are currently 3-0 down against Oxford... at half-time. lol

22 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Bielsa hasn’t done a single interview to Leeds United’s own media team or the local press since he was unveiled. They have signed two players, both loanees. It’s disaster all over it 

They may well have haters towards them, but feel Leeds are a wasted club - especially over the past decade.

A club with good history, strong fanbase etc and big potential - yet have fallen in the wrong hands several times.

They're becoming a club that many will forget who they were in past history, like Forest, if they carrying on taking big risks and spending power without any success.

15 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Phil Hay reporting that Wolves have accepted a bid for Barry Douglas this morning. That's a bloody superb signing for them if they pull that off.

Douglas and Ayling as full backs is a very decent effort.

20 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

leeds are going to be a sensation one way or another this year, either way i imagine it’ll be loads more fun than supporting most other teams in the country

Not sure fun is the right word. Interesting yeah. 

If they're an appalling shit show of drama it might make good viewing but I don't know about "fun" to support. 

I think Bielsa at Leeds has got a touch of Sousa's time here about it. Leeds have some much better players in Alioski and Saiz but it just seems like they'll implode and Bielsa will walk after a month. His time at Lille was horrendous in a league he'd managed in before, I'm not normally one to talk up British football but most of the managers that do well in the championship have had a few seasons worth of experience here. I'd like it if they went up but can't see it.

aye, we were linked in one of the last two windows. Really didn't think he was good enough for us going off his YouTube reel, looked stumpy limbed and lacked agility but he should do well in the Champ.

Whatever happened to that lad Bayern picked up and left in their youth academy? came through at Barnsley first I think