Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

Brighton played well in the second half. Johansson certainly saved the win, probably my motm.

I didn't realise that Brighton were above us in the league. A win away was a very good result. Does that put us back in the top 4?

Edited by Guest

Bit of a dull second half but Ughelumba and Sheif worked hard and looked good but Knight looks the closest to the first team. I think Darnell works better as a right back. Shade and Edwards-John looked lively and look like they may have potential. Johansson made two excellent saves in that half. He's a great youth signing. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes out on loan next season.

6 minutes ago, FIF said:

Brighton played well in the second half. Johansson certainly saved the win, probably my motm.

I didn't realise that Brighton were above us in the league. A win away was a very good result. Does that put us back in the top 4?

https://www.sofascore.com/team/football/leicester-city-u23/110507

Sixth. Five points off first.

Points of note for me tonight, Ughelumba looked good again and I agree with @FIF that I could see him overtaking Elder in the pecking order for back up LB slot despite Elders greater experience.

Darnell is definitely a Right Back not a CB he has pace and power to run at defenders and put them under pressure, we really need to convince him to stick to that position.

Johannson was excellent again, for me he's a better prospect than both Iversen and Bramley.

And final point, St Ledge is definitely the worst co-commentator on Lcfc tv, his commentary is absolutely mind-numbing!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FIF said:

apart from when they go down the wings or use Dewsbury hall whom you were just speaking about. I think they mix things up a bit.

btw Who told Johnson he can dribble - he shouldn't have listened to them. Interesting to see that he's now back at RB (at least the last few appearances), perhaps he's finally realised that he's not in our top 10 CBs

He looks better at right back in my mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nwl fox said:

Points of note for me tonight, Ughelumba looked good again and I agree with @FIF that I could see him overtaking Elder in the pecking order for back up LB slot despite Elders greater experience.

Darnell is definitely a Right Back not a CB he has pace and power to run at defenders and put them under pressure, we really need to convince him to stick to that position.

Johannson was excellent again, for me he's a better prospect than both Iversen and Bramley.

And final point, St Ledge is definitely the worst co-commentator on Lcfc tv, his commentary is absolutely mind-numbing!

I think I agree about everything except Darnell running at defenders. He plays more like Simpson then Ricardo. Made some good tackles but I didn't see him going forwards too much. But he's young and I haven't been watching the u23s much recently. Not sure if Johnsson is better than Iversen. Iversen's been playing competitive football, albeit in league two, and has good reviews but they definitely both look good.

Edited by Foxxed

I got bored again like with last few matches.

Like the first team there's no penetration up front we rarely look like scoring other than from set pieces.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, davieG said:

I got bored again like with last few matches.

Like the first team there's no penetration up front we rarely look like scoring other than from set pieces.

Not a fantastic second half but Edwards-John put in some good effort and Shade looks likes he could come good. After we took off Leshabela we seemed to have no creativity in midfield except when Ughelumba muscled his way upfield. I haven't watched in a while but at least now there's a few players who seem to have potential: Shade, EJ, Sheif, Leshabela, Ughelumba. We are lacking a decent creative midfielder. Maybe Callum Wright will be that one day but ATM he looks about 12. Johannson and Knight are already good enough for a loan.

Leicester City's Under-18s will host Fulham in the FA Youth Cup Third Round at King Power Stadium on Tuesday 11 December (7pm GMT kick-off).
- Fulham will be the Leicester City Under-18s' opponents in the FA Youth Cup Third Round
- The tie is scheduled to take place on Tuesday 11 December (7pm GMT kick-off)
- The young Foxes have already defeated the Cottagers this season in the league
- Tickets are priced at £3 for Adults and £1 for Seniors 65+ and Under-18s

The young Foxes exited last year's competition at the fourth round stage and currently sit third in the U18 Premier League Division 2 standings after seven matches.

Fulham, meanwhile, are just one place behind the Club's Academy side and fell to a 3-1 defeat by City's youngsters in the league earlier this season.

At Belvoir Drive, the hosts took the lead through a Luke Thomas strike in the 23rd minute before, in the second half, Harrison Myring and Dempsey Arlott-John added their names to the scoresheet.

Tickets for the fixture are on general sale and are priced at £3 for Adults and £1 for Seniors 65+ and Under-18s.  Click here to secure your seat.

5 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Do we have any under 18’s to watch out for? I read a lot about the under 23’s but do we have any exciting prospects further down? 

I remember Pennent has been spoken about in the past and Will Russ recently played for u23's and is still only 16.

14 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Do we have any under 18’s to watch out for? I read a lot about the under 23’s but do we have any exciting prospects further down? 

Conor Tee is technically an u18 I think, transfermarkt says he turned 18 in July. Been with the u23 squad for quite a while though.

1 hour ago, LCFC FOX said:

Luke Thomas is in the England U18 set up, attacking left back like Chilwell. Terel Pennant is talented as is Sidnei Tavares who's a classy central midfielder. Will Russ recently signed from Chesterfield and used to play 2-3 years above his age group. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Luke Thomas is in the England U18 set up, attacking left back like Chilwell. Terel Pennant is talented as is Sidnei Tavares who's a classy central midfielder. Will Russ recently signed from Chesterfield and used to play 2-3 years above his age group. 

I thought somebody said recently that Tavares had been released, who am I mixing him up with?

Edited by nwl fox

35 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Heh, Thomas and Rusd scored tonight.

• Like 2