Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Any news on Ndukwu, nothing has been said which is poor from the club.

He posted on Instagram yesterday say he would be back soon - I assume that means back to training though, so who knows how long it will be until match fit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Father Ted said:

And Josh Eppiah? He seems to have been out for ages now, looks a real talent too but always injured.

Almost every forward we have had on our books for a while are hugely injury prone. Eppiah, Muskwe, Uche, Ndukwu and Martis. Eppiah I reckon would have made it by now without the injuries, he's a quality player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Almost every forward we have had on our books for a while are hugely injury prone. Eppiah, Muskwe, Uche, Ndukwu and Martis. Eppiah I reckon would have made it by now without the injuries, he's a quality player.

I totally agree with this. I've heard for years that Eppiah was the one of that whole batch that came through at that year group but I believe he suffered a serious back injury and was out for 18 months/2 years that hindered his development. He reminds me of a Schlupp/Heskey hybrid with the combined best bits of both. The club gave him a new contract not too long ago so that shows where he stands with them.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Father Ted said:

I totally agree with this. I've heard for years that Eppiah was the one of that whole batch that came through at that year group but I believe he suffered a serious back injury and was out for 18 months/2 years that hindered his development. He reminds me of a Schlupp/Heskey hybrid with the combined best bits of both. The club gave him a new contract not too long ago so that shows where he stands with them.

Excluding Barnes, Eppiah and Ndukwu are the two most talented players we have from those age groups.

From what ive seen Ndukwu is the most naturally gifted....but Eppiah gets the nod for me due to his outstanding work-rate off the ball.  A real team player with great individual ability who makes life very difficult for defenders at all times.

Edited by Foxy-Lady
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Excluding Barnes, Eppiah and Ndukwu are the two most talented players we have from those age groups.

From what ive seen Ndukwu is the most naturally gifted....but Eppiah gets the nod for me due to his outstanding work-rate off the ball.  A real team player with great individual ability who makes life very difficult for defenders at all times.

I think I've only seen him play in that summer cup thing no youtube. When's he back?

16 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I think I've only seen him play in that summer cup thing no youtube. When's he back?

I think he might be back in training again soon but they will have to carefully manage his re-introduction and workload as his back problems have caused him to miss the best part of the last 2 seasons....and it has been a recurring problem for him.

Would be surprised if we see him back on the pitch before January

On 08/12/2018 at 11:05, Foxy-Lady said:

I think he might be back in training again soon but they will have to carefully manage his re-introduction and workload as his back problems have caused him to miss the best part of the last 2 seasons....and it has been a recurring problem for him.

Would be surprised if we see him back on the pitch before January

Eppiah posted something a few days ago on Instagram about 4 more weeks

Is Hughes injured again do you know? Appeared for a game then disappeared again..

Edited by brucey

I missed the first 10 mins but I'm enjoying it. We are completely on top.

And we score. Hughes again.

I must say that the LB (3) is someone I have time for. Only seen him play 4 times but he has impressed me every time. I think he's more likely to overtake elder for the back up position. I also have a lot of time for the young no.10 and shade 

6 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Dont know much about the youth team but are there not any young strikers capable of moving into the first team, even if its just on the bench as an option?

Nah. Our youth strikers seem to score less than our youth CBs.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

If we can offload a few of the CMs I wouldn’t be surprised to see dewsbury-hall do well for the first team, seems to be the type of centre mid we’re crying out for in terms of his skill set, obviously yet to be seen at the highest level 

I agree .. he looks decent

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

If we can offload a few of the CMs I wouldn’t be surprised to see dewsbury-hall do well for the first team, seems to be the type of centre mid we’re crying out for in terms of his skill set, obviously yet to be seen at the highest level 

He has some nice skills but he's far too lightweight and goes missing for spells.

6 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

They don't appear to play Puel style football, lots of long balls over the top !!

apart from when they go down the wings or use Dewsbury hall whom you were just speaking about. I think they mix things up a bit.

btw Who told Johnson he can dribble - he shouldn't have listened to them. Interesting to see that he's now back at RB (at least the last few appearances), perhaps he's finally realised that he's not in our top 10 CBs

Edited by Guest