Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2018/19 U23s, Development, U19s etc

14 hours ago, nwl fox said:

Played the full 90 and was one of the better performers, however thats not really saying much cos the match was pretty dire.

Good to know that he's got a solid 90 under his belt. Would be nice to see him back for our Christmas run in, think he would be a great asset.

• Like 2

Stopped watching again after 60 mins such uninspiring football from both sides and I'd struggle to say anyone looked remotely up to stepping up to the 1st team squad never mind the 1st eleven.

It certainly was uninspiring stuff and whilst I understand why both King and James played ,their presence didn’t add anything to the spectacle.The two things that struck me were that Pascanu looks a quality player and clearly gained a lot of confidence from his call up to the full Romania squad , and that the dearth of strikers extends well below our first team - seeing Knight pushed up front and scoring the winner took me back to the days of Walshie and Matt Elliott .If the recruitment masterplan is indeed to finesse George Hirst from OH Leuven , I hope it pays off ,because as it stands ,the cupboard looks pretty bare .

10 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I thought Pascanu was a right back

Pascanu's preferred position is Centre back but he is usually asked to play at RB to accommodate Johnson at CB.  Only in last few games has this changed following the defeat Vs Forest when Johnson was badly exposed at CB

IMO, Pascanu & Knight are both much better prospects at CB than Johnson but for some reason, Johnson always seems to get all the headlines (famous relatives??) and recently earned himself a lucrative 3 year deal while neither Pascanu or Knight have been offered anything remotely similar as they enter the final 6 months of their contracts.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Pascanu's preferred position is Centre back but he is usually asked to play at RB to accommodate Johnson at CB.  Only in last few games has this changed following the defeat Vs Forest when Johnson was badly exposed at CB

IMO, Pascanu & Knight are both much better prospects at CB than Johnson but for some reason, Johnson always seems to get all the headlines (famous relatives??) and recently earned himself a lucrative 3 year deal while neither Pascanu or Knight have been offered anything remotely similar as they enter the final 6 months of their contracts.

Johnson's been quite bad these last two game well at least for the first 60 minutes before i stopped watching.

12 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

I really hope they sort this out as Knight and Pascanu look like good prospects to me. I also dont get why Johnson is so intent on being CB, i always think he looks better when he's playing RB. He likes to have a run at players and although he didnt do great in that last match at RB theres been times previously when hes looked decent at that position. If he's looking for a quicker route into first team contention its certainly more likely to happen in the Right back option than Centre Back where i'd say weve got 7 or 8 better options than him at present...

16 hours ago, Foxy-Lady said:

2 hours ago, nwl fox said:

I really hope they sort this out as Knight and Pascanu look like good prospects to me. I also dont get why Johnson is so intent on being CB, i always think he looks better when he's playing RB. He likes to have a run at players and although he didnt do great in that last match at RB theres been times previously when hes looked decent at that position. If he's looking for a quicker route into first team contention its certainly more likely to happen in the Right back option than Centre Back where i'd say weve got 7 or 8 better options than him at present...

I agree with both of you. I've said for a long time that We have a number of very good CBs who should be pushing for first team recognition. I also agree that Johnson looks a better RB than CB and if he had enough intelligence he'd realise that working on being a good RB gives him much better chances of making the first team. 

4 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Pascanu is closest to the first team out of all of them. Fully integrated with the first team in training. 

He looks confident on the ball, although i did think he got bullied a bit a couple of times against Prague. I dont think theres much between him knight and hughes to be honest but i think hes played least out of all of them (accounting for hughes's injury) so not sure why hes ahead in the pecking order, hes the youngest of all of them isnt he?

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:25, themightyfin said:

Pascanu is closest to the first team out of all of them. Fully integrated with the first team in training. 

Bizzare really that the U23s manager didn't think he was good enough to play CB as he couldn't head a ball properly....YET he's considered good enough to be fully integrated into first team training and the Romanian full international squad.

Makes you question the continuity of thinking between our U23s management and the first team...?!?   :(

10 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Bizzare really that the U23s manager didn't think he was good enough to play CB as he couldn't head a ball properly....YET he's considered good enough to be fully integrated into first team training and the Romanian full international squad.

Makes you question the continuity of thinking between our U23s management and the first team...?!?   :(

LOUDER

On 01/12/2018 at 14:25, themightyfin said:

I think he's a great prospect but watching them I still prefer Hughes then Knight. What I love about those two is that they are a REAL threat at corners and set pieces.