Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Retained List 2018/19

Leicester City

Contracts

Albrighton, Marc Kevin
Amartey, Daniel
Barnes, Harvey Lewis
Benalouane, Yohan
Bolkiah, Faiq Jefri
Bramley, Max
Chilwell, Benjamin James
Choudhury, Hamza
Davies, Rhys Paul Richard
Dewsbury-Hall, Kiernan
Diabate, Fousseni
Elder, Callum Roddie
Felix-Eppiah, Joshua (offer)
Fuchs, Christian
Gordon, Joshua Luke (extended)
Gray, Demarai Remelle
Hamer, Benjamin John (offer) - Gone
Hughes, Samuel Joseph
Iborra, Vicente
Iheanacho, Kelechi
Iversen, Daniel
Jakupovic, Eldin
James, Matthew Lee
Johnson, Darnell Tobias Jack (offer)
Kapustka, Bartosz
King, Andrew
Knight, Joshua Michael
Maguire, Harry
Mahrez, Riyad
Makanjuola, Habib Abdulfatal
Martis, Liandro Rudwendry Felipe
Meite, Alassane
Mendy, Nampalys
Moore, Elliott Jordan
Morgan, Westley Nathan
Musa, Ahmed
Muskwe, Admiral Dalindlela
Ndidi, Onyinye Wilfred
Ndukwu, Layton Julius
Okazaki, Shinji
Pascanu, Alexandru Stefan
Schmeichel, Kasper Peter
Shade, Tyrese
Sherif, Lamine Kaba
Silva, Adrien Sebastien Perruchet
Simpson, Daniel Peter
Slimani, Islam
Sowah, Kamal
Thomas, George Stanley
Uche Rubio, Raul
Ulloa Fernandez, Jose Leonardo        
Vardy, Jamie   
Wood, Connor (offer)
Wright, Callum 

Scholars 

Bollard, Dylan Jack     
Edwards-John, Kairo (offer contract)    
Elewa-Ikpakwu, Edward          
Heaven, George William (extended)      
Husek, Lukas   
James, Leon Pitchaya 
Keaveny, Jozsef Phelim (extended)      
Leshabela, Thakgalo Khanya (offer contract)  
Myring, Harrison          
Stolarczyk, Jakub        
Tee, Conor (offer contract)       
Thomas, Luke Jonathan          
Ughelumba, Calvin (offer contract)       
Williams, Kian  

PL retained lists - https://www.premierleague.com/news/698775?sf191372450=1&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that DG.

Jeez....53,  3 of which have been offered new contracts, plus 3 scholars with contract offers. It appears to me that we urgently need to cut down on our playing staff to get rid of some of the wage bill, not sure what our total wage bill is and how close we are sailing to the wind in terms of FFP. Surprisingly Mahrez doesn't seem to haver been offered an improved contract...discus lol

3 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Thanks for that DG.

Jeez....53,  3 of which have been offered new contracts, plus 3 scholars with contract offers. It appears to me that we urgently need to cut down on our playing staff to get rid of some of the wage bill, not sure what our total wage bill is and how close we are sailing to the wind in terms of FFP. Surprisingly Mahrez doesn't seem to haver been offered an improved contract...discus lol

At the end of last season it was....

Leicester City
Accounts for the year to 31 May 2017
Turnover £233m (7th highest in the league)
Wages £113m (7th highest, 48% of turnover)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/06/premier-league-finances-club-guide-2016-17

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Thanks again DG, but what that doesn't tell us is what our wages bill is or how close we are to the £67M "Sword of Damocles" that hangs over every clubs head (well, the non top 6 clubs anyway)

What is this ‘£67M’ thing, I saw it mentioned somewhere else. But I’ve not heard of it before?

19 minutes ago, davieG said:

At the end of last season it was....

Leicester City
Accounts for the year to 31 May 2017
Turnover £233m (7th highest in the league)
Wages £113m (7th highest, 48% of turnover)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/06/premier-league-finances-club-guide-2016-17

Along way to go, but still need to get rid of the dead wood.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Leicester City

Contracts

Albrighton, Marc Kevin
Amartey, Daniel
Barnes, Harvey Lewis
Benalouane, Yohan
Bolkiah, Faiq Jefri
Bramley, Max
Chilwell, Benjamin James
Choudhury, Hamza
Davies, Rhys Paul Richard
Dewsbury-Hall, Kiernan
Diabate, Fousseni
Elder, Callum Roddie
Felix-Eppiah, Joshua (offer)
Fuchs, Christian
Gordon, Joshua Luke (extended)
Gray, Demarai Remelle
Hamer, Benjamin John (offer) - Gone
Hughes, Samuel Joseph
Iborra, Vicente
Iheanacho, Kelechi
Iversen, Daniel
Jakupovic, Eldin
James, Matthew Lee
Johnson, Darnell Tobias Jack (offer)
Kapustka, Bartosz
King, Andrew
Knight, Joshua Michael
Maguire, Harry
Mahrez, Riyad
Makanjuola, Habib Abdulfatal
Martis, Liandro Rudwendry Felipe
Meite, Alassane
Mendy, Nampalys
Moore, Elliott Jordan
Morgan, Westley Nathan
Musa, Ahmed
Muskwe, Admiral Dalindlela
Ndidi, Onyinye Wilfred
Ndukwu, Layton Julius
Okazaki, Shinji
Pascanu, Alexandru Stefan
Schmeichel, Kasper Peter
Shade, Tyrese
Sherif, Lamine Kaba
Silva, Adrien Sebastien Perruchet
Simpson, Daniel Peter
Slimani, Islam
Sowah, Kamal
Thomas, George Stanley
Uche Rubio, Raul
Ulloa Fernandez, Jose Leonardo        
Vardy, Jamie   
Wood, Connor (offer)
Wright, Callum 

Scholars 

Bollard, Dylan Jack     
Edwards-John, Kairo (offer contract)    
Elewa-Ikpakwu, Edward          
Heaven, George William (extended)      
Husek, Lukas   
James, Leon Pitchaya 
Keaveny, Jozsef Phelim (extended)      
Leshabela, Thakgalo Khanya (offer contract)  
Myring, Harrison          
Stolarczyk, Jakub        
Tee, Conor (offer contract)       
Thomas, Luke Jonathan          
Ughelumba, Calvin (offer contract)       
Williams, Kian  

PL retained lists - https://www.premierleague.com/news/698775?sf191372450=1&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

And that's without the 2 new signings. 

3 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Josh Gordon extended his contract then. 

Surely he needs to go out on loan now to L1 or the championship? 

Probably still be here when he’s 28 playing u23s preventing an actual promising player making a breakthrough.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

We really need to move out about 10 more from that list who have no real future with us.

The likely problem is going to be the salaries they are on with us, But we need to get it sorted as I'm sure it holding up other targets we're after. 

Leonardo Ulloa, Wes Morgan, Danny Simpson, Christian Fuchs, Yohan Benalouane, Shinji Okazaki all have their contracts ending next year (summer 2019) so we are going to loose a big chunk our squad. 

+ Andy King, Amartey, mendy, Marc Albrignton & Jamie Vardy who's contract ends in 2020. I assume riyads and Kaspers are the same. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

36 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Some quality names there.

Dylan Bollard, I've heard he's solid but not very mobile. The club also obviously want to take a closer look at Myring. :o

lol

Ughelumba  will finish up "oompalumpa" on FT for sure

Leicester City's retained list shows three professionals released
Robert Huth joined by two young pros on released list as under-23s players offered new deals

ByJordan Blackwell
12:23, 9 JUN 2018UPDATED12:27, 9 JUN 2018

Robert Huth has been joined by two young professionals on Leicester City’s released list.

It was announced last month that veteran centre-back Huth would be let go by City upon the conclusion of his contract this summer.

All Premier League clubs have now released their retained lists, showing two further professionals have not been offered new deals at the King Power Stadium.

Left-back Josh Debayo will leave the club after two seasons. The 21-year-old made just two appearance for the under-23s last season.

Central midfielder Dylan Watts has also been let go. Another 21-year-old, Watts has been on loan at Bohemians in his native Ireland since January, having also made just two appearances for City’s under-23s in the campaign just gone.

The retained list confirms that striker Josh Gordon has signed a new deal at the club after an impressive season leading the line for the high-flying under-23s.

Fellow under-23s regulars Josh Eppiah, Connor Wood and Darnell Johnson have also been offered new contracts, although they’re yet to commit to the club.

Johnson’s future is particularly in doubt, with the defender, a European Under-19 Championship winner with England last year, set to leave the club. He is looking to pursue a career at centre-back, rather than the right-back role he's offered given at City.

The retained list also confirms that City offered a new contract to Ben Hamer before the goalkeeper’s free transfer to Huddersfield.

Among City’s scholars, George Heaven and Joszef Keaveny have extended their deals, while Kairo Edwards-John, Khanya Leshabela, Calvin Ughelumba and academy player of the season Conor Tee have received offers.

Fellow scholars Morgan Brown, Thomas Fielding, Rubyn Gill, Sim Thandi and Cam Yates have left the club.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-citys-retained-list-shows-1657677

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Leonardo Ulloa, Wes Morgan, Danny Simpson, Christian Fuchs, Yohan Benalouane, Shinji Okazaki all have their contracts ending next year (summer 2019) so we are going to loose a big chunk our squad. 

+ Andy King, Amartey, mendy, Marc Albrignton & Jamie Vardy who's contract ends in 2020. I assume riyads and Kaspers are the same. 

Yes which is even more reason we need to move them out now. I'd also let King and Mendy go.+ possibly James and Jakupovic. 

Mendy has been unfortunate with his injury, But I just don't think he's physical enough. I would keep Amartey I still think if handled right he'll be a great player for us. and Puel is probably the best Manager to help him.

my own view is that we should have 16/17 first teamers and use the Development squad to back them up. This would give the Manager less headaches, While offering an opportunity for the Development squad to progress into the first team.

A win win all round for everyone.. 

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes which is even more reason we need to move them out now. I'd also let King and Mendy go.+ possibly James and Jakupovic. 

Mendy has been unfortunate with his injury, But I just don't think he's physical enough. I would keep Amartey I still think if handled right he'll be a great player for us. and Puel is probably the best Manager to help him.

my own view is that we should have 16/17 first teamers and use the Development squad to back them up. This would give the Manager less headaches, While offering an opportunity for the Development squad to progress into the first team.

A win win all round for everyone.. 

I agree. But similar to Everton (they have Ashley Williams, Bolasie etc on £60-100k p/w) they are impossible to shift as they wont get anything like the money they are on here. 

5 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I agree. But similar to Everton (they have Ashley Williams, Bolasie etc on £60-100k p/w) they are impossible to shift as they wont get anything like the money they are on here. 

Yes, The salaries can be more problematic than the Transfer fees. and that's one of the big  problems. Which is why we should offer a low basic but made up by appearances, wins , draws and league position.  

Question ?, Does anyone know the structure of our Contracts.

Looking at this list, the Forestry Commission would be challenged by this amount of dead-wood that needs clearing.  Hopefully, we can ship out some even if it means mutually agreeing to cancel contracts.  You can see the size of the problem Puel has on his hands, not to mention the theory that some of the old school allegedly influence the selection of the defense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes, The salaries can be more problematic than the Transfer fees. and that's one of the big  problems. Which is why we should offer a low basic but made up by appearances, wins , draws and league position.  

Question ?, Does anyone know the structure of our Contracts.

Can't imagine they are perfomance based judging on some of our perfomances over the last two seasons lol

4 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Can't imagine they are perfomance based judging on some of our perfomances over the last two seasons lol

Yes, which makes it all so baffling why we don't make them performance based. The Fees are less of a problem as they're usually spread over 3,4,5 years

and are usually covered in most cases by selling on.

It's trying to get players to accept lower salaries if going to a lower club is the real problem. Which is why Clubs usually end up paying some of the salary after the player leaves. 

• Like 1