Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
La-li-lu-le-lo

World Cup celebrations.

A bit of a dampener but hopefully you’ll all agree...

Obviously England are potentially (definitely) heading towards an World cup final, whilst this is a incredible moment for the whole country, and understandably everyone is going to be elated, there have been a number of horrifying videos circulating of England fans preventing emergency services vehicles from progressing to their destination. Liverpool, West mids, London and various other cities have all had issues with this.. I’ve even heard that a police car had its boot opened and contents removed whilst travelling to an emergency, and a first responder vehicle being jumped on and now deemed not road worthy (granted this was stationary but still). 

I don’t think for a second that this would happen in our city, but the chances are there are going to be thousands on the streets over the coming weeks, so if we are and if the situation was to arise please, please don’t be caught doing what some of these idiots have been doing, it does not make you a better “fan”.

Stay classy Leicester. 

Edited by La-li-lu-le-lo
  • Like 1

Given that there were millions of people drinking all day in hot Summer conditions, it's a bit of a miracle that there have only been a handful of bad incidents.

Even if I struggle to understand the attraction of throwing your beer in the air rather than down your throat, it's been overwhelmingly joyous stuff.

That drunken middle aged dude who fell through the taxi roof, though.  The state of him makes me pretty convinced he woke up at lunchtime today with a banging headache, a touch of sunstroke and excrement in his underwear. Good.

Towards the end of the video there is this so called 'Leicester fan'. If you recognise yourself then do us all a favour and go and support another team. You're a disgrace. (as is this twitter account). How would any of these idiots like it if someone came into their house or business and behaved liked this! Bunch of inbreds 

10 minutes ago, hejammy said:
How would any of these idiots like it if someone came into their house and behaved liked this! Bunch of inbreds 

yano folk don’t actually live in ikea mate, it’s just for display purposes 

3 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

yano folk don’t actually live in ikea mate, it’s just for display purposes 

Well you don't say, always wondered why they never took the tags off.... You know about taking tags off though being scouse an all? :whistle:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hejammy said:

Towards the end of the video there is this so called 'Leicester fan'. If you recognise yourself then do us all a favour and go and support another team. You're a disgrace. (as is this twitter account). How would any of these idiots like it if someone came into their house or business and behaved liked this! Bunch of inbreds 

Why, because he's dancing around in IKEA? If he was one of the idiots jumping on the furniture, your reaction is a bit more suited, but all I see here is a Leicester fan dancing and singing...

1 hour ago, KFS said:

Why, because he's dancing around in IKEA? If he was one of the idiots jumping on the furniture, your reaction is a bit more suited, but all I see here is a Leicester fan dancing and singing...

Errr he was jumping on the bed and kicking around things in the shop? That's just whats shown in the video.... 

7 hours ago, hejammy said:

I must be English, because I think all of that is pretty funny.

Knocking Sweden out and then celebrating in Ikea....brings a tear to the eye, makes me proud

20 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I must be English, because I think all of that is pretty funny.

Knocking Sweden out and then celebrating in Ikea....brings a tear to the eye, makes me proud

What exactly is 'funny' about it though? 

All I see is some massive plebs totally disregarding their surroundings and also not realising the facts they're being massive bellend? Are they gonna pay for any damage caused? Do they realise that there may just be some people in the store that want to buy something without being disturbed by some knob heads? 

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What exactly is 'funny' about it though? 

All I see is some massive plebs totally disregarding their surroundings and also not realising the facts they're being massive bellend? Are they gonna pay for any damage caused? Do they realise that there may just be some people in the store that want to buy something without being disturbed by some knob heads? 

26 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's not funny at all tbh it's ****ing tragic.

Besides, imagine being a customer or employee with no idea what on earth is going on, it doesn't matter if their intentions are peaceful, if you're not particularly clued in to football fan culture that's going to appear aggressive and intimidating. 

Which is exactly the problem really. It isn't "football fans", liking football has nothing to do with being an inconsiderate chav twat. 

The problem is inconsiderate chav twats, combined with an excuse to get shit faced and act like a dick. 

There's millions of people across the nation who watched the game without bothering anyone. Some in their homes, some perfectly sober, some absolutely battered but still managing a bit of self restraint. Liking football doesn't make you predisposed to run around shirtless, singing loudly, waving a can of carling and ruining everyone else's day. Being a twat does. 

Ok, I took a second look at it because it seems to have annoyed people on here more than I thought it would

There is too much jumping on furniture and throwing stuff about

I was just looking at it as dancing and chanting in Ikea, but obviously a few there have taken it too far and it would be really annoying for staff

Buuut, its the world cup, people are excited.  Its joy fuelled by nationalism, not going to be pretty always, its the English, the sun is out, alcohol, meh.

-That vidoe of Ross Kemp made me more uncomfortable

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

Even if they were dancing and "singing" (screaming football chants at the top of their lungs) in IKEA without touching anyone or anything it's still disruptive, unpleasant behavior for the majority of those not involved. It's loutish and inconsiderate and anyone that thinks that's acceptable should probably stop and reflect tbh. 

Just because you enjoy doing something, it doesn't mean it's okay to do it. Being considerate is taking the time to give a **** about the needs and wants of everyone else. Dancing and singing in a wide open public space having fun? Alright, go for it, within reason. 

Going in to a shop because it happens to owned by a Swedish company and dancing and singing drunkenly is dick antisocial behaviour and doesn't suddenly become okay because a team won a game in a sport. 

Again, absolutely nothing to do with the sport or liking the sport and "football fans" don't deserve under any circumstances to be judged by the actions of these dicks. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Even if they were dancing and "singing" (screaming football chants at the top of their lungs) in IKEA without touching anyone or anything it's still disruptive, unpleasant behavior for the majority of those not involved. It's loutish and inconsiderate and anyone that thinks that's acceptable should probably stop and reflect tbh. 

Just because you enjoy doing something, it doesn't mean it's okay to do it. Being considerate is taking the time to give a **** about the needs and wants of everyone else. Dancing and singing in a wide open public space having fun? Alright, go for it, within reason. 

Going in to a shop because it happens to owned by a Swedish company and dancing and singing drunkenly is dick antisocial behaviour and doesn't suddenly become okay because a team won a game in a sport. 

Again, absolutely nothing to do with the sport or liking the sport and "football fans" don't deserve under any circumstances to be judged by the actions of these dicks. 

I dont disagree with you really.  It is very stupid what they are doing, no denying that

And you're right, nothing to do with the sport, its just that behavioural tendency the English have, stupid-is-funny is the ethos...

Its not the worst thing football fans have done this tournament 

Vast majority of those people will have gone shopping for the very reason to avoid the football.

As @Finnegan said, if you want to dance and shout and sing in the street, knock yourself out, as long as you don't start breaking things like emergency vehicles or other peoples bones. But going into a building and creating havoc is just wrong. You're not inviting people to join your celebration like you would in a park or a street, you're imposing it on people.

6 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I dont disagree with you really.  It is very stupid what they are doing, no denying that

And you're right, nothing to do with the sport, its just that behavioural tendency the English have, stupid-is-funny is the ethos...

Its not the worst thing football fans have done this tournament 

I honestly don't think it's the English, I think it's chavs. England isn't the only country to have thick antisocial morons and not all the English are thick antisocial morons. 

There is definitely a culture in this country that thinks its funny and cool to be stupid, to be annoying to other people, to be antisocial, to be rude and piss people off. It's not unique to this country though. 

• Like 1