Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Wolves Pre-Match Thread, 18th Aug

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Don’t be surprised if Mendy is given a start in the next few games. He’s the forgotten man of Leicester due to his unfortunate injury and signing Ndidi but he was the captain of Nice under Puel when they finished in the Champions League places. 

When we first signed him he was the wrong signing to make because he’s not a stats leader for tackles and interceptions. But now we play 4-2-3-1 he could have a part to play. He knows the system inside and out and knows what is expected of him. And that Puel gave him the armband at Nice means he trusts him too. 

I think Iborra and Silva are good players but they have not yet stamped their authority down on the team and made themselves irreplaceable. Not like Vardy, Kasper, Maguire, etc. Thus there is an opportunity for him. 

No idea how it will turn out but don’t be surprised to see him play some part in the next few weeks and don’t be surprised if he turns out to be half decent either. The way we play now is far better suited to his game. 

Mendy was very tidy in the preseason. I thought he looked to be pretty close to nailed on as a starter, actually.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Don’t be surprised if Mendy is given a start in the next few games. He’s the forgotten man of Leicester due to his unfortunate injury and signing Ndidi but he was the captain of Nice under Puel when they finished in the Champions League places. 

When we first signed him he was the wrong signing to make because he’s not a stats leader for tackles and interceptions. But now we play 4-2-3-1 he could have a part to play. He knows the system inside and out and knows what is expected of him. And that Puel gave him the armband at Nice means he trusts him too. 

I think Iborra and Silva are good players but they have not yet stamped their authority down on the team and made themselves irreplaceable. Not like Vardy, Kasper, Maguire, etc. Thus there is an opportunity for him. 

No idea how it will turn out but don’t be surprised to see him play some part in the next few weeks and don’t be surprised if he turns out to be half decent either. The way we play now is far better suited to his game. 

I suppose it is a possibility that Mendy ends up in the team. I hadn't really thought of it, but if he can stay fit, he could claim the place alongside Wilf that neither Silva or Iborra have done enough to nail down so far. We've still got no idea how he fits in. Could be like a new signing.

1 minute ago, UPinCarolina said:

Mendy was very tidy in the preseason. I thought he looked to be pretty close to nailed on as a starter, actually.

In his last season at Nice he had a pass completion rate of 92%. Most of that possession was in non attacking areas of the pitch but that was his role - to recycle the ball and to hold position to maintain shape especially when losing the ball in the final third. Silva has a touch of class about him but he’s been guilty of giving the ball away sloppily in quite a few games. I put that down to rustiness and not yet fully adapting to the English game,  but if Mendy got a start ahead of Silva or Iborra then based on recent performances I could see why the manager would make the call. Of course how it would turn out is anyone’s guess. 

I think in the next 10 or so games that someone will emerge as the first choice other central midfielder to partner Ndidi. Will be interesting to see who that is.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FoxInTheBox89 said:

Wes is on thin ice with me. Went to Man U and he was pretty awful, clearances going straight to Man U players bad passes and the only thing he did well was block a clear goal from Mata (which hit his arm)

I think the new turkish lad (sorry) will replace him but it will take maybe half to a full season to do so.

It will be the same team and Man U i think, even Amartey will start

Half a season before he starts????  Why?

2 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

Christ what game were you watching?  Cannot understand the bias hate bollux directed towards Morgan on this forum?  Wes played well against United.  For information it was Maguire that kept giving the ball away.  Maguire being at fault for the chance Lukaku missed towards the end Schmeichel saving it.

For as long as Morgan is club captain he will not be dropped anytime soon. 

Morgan is a premier league winner and captain at the time we comfortably won the premier league bias negative hate and silly comments directed towards a club legend is shocking and uncalled for.

Did he say he hated Morgan? 

4 hours ago, FoxInTheBox89 said:

Wes is on thin ice with me. Went to Man U and he was pretty awful, clearances going straight to Man U players bad passes and the only thing he did well was block a clear goal from Mata (which hit his arm)

I think the new turkish lad (sorry) will replace him but it will take maybe half to a full season to do so.

It will be the same team and Man U i think, even Amartey will start

Distribution is not Wes' strong suit, but I think that he was fine at OT.  Defended well.  Certainly not awful by any means.

He will be passing on the baton to younger blood this year, but until then, if he is in the team today I'll be quite comfortable with that.

Some people talk like he is Brian Carey or something.

56 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I can hear my tinnitus.

I usually forget I've got it but this thread just reminded me on hearing things now I hear a constant high pitched tone. :D 

Thanks, you've just triggered my tinnitus off....either that or there's a high speed generator running in my head. :S

• Haha 1