Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Wolves Pre-Match Thread, 18th Aug

N’Didi vs Neves will be an interesting battle and comparison. Similar age and standing but this is a big season for Wild and if he’s to push on he needs to be winning battles like this. Great at interceptions but think we’ll see Neves has a lot more on the ball. About 7 hours will tell!

39 minutes ago, Derbyfox4ever said:

Let's get behind the team and the manager this season and make some ****ing noise! The atmosphere was a bit flat in the KP last season ...as fans we can do better and will need to today to drown out the Wolves fans! 

Conceding a goal in the first few minutes generally doesn’t help. 

Seriously pissed off at leaking early goals.

• Like 2

Wes is on thin ice with me. Went to Man U and he was pretty awful, clearances going straight to Man U players bad passes and the only thing he did well was block a clear goal from Mata (which hit his arm)

I think the new turkish lad (sorry) will replace him but it will take maybe half to a full season to do so.

It will be the same team and Man U i think, even Amartey will start

5 minutes ago, FoxInTheBox89 said:

Wes is on thin ice with me. Went to Man U and he was pretty awful, clearances going straight to Man U players bad passes and the only thing he did well was block a clear goal from Mata (which hit his arm)

I think the new turkish lad (sorry) will replace him but it will take maybe half to a full season to do so.

Morgan has been a brilliant servant to us but he’s declined massively over the last few years. There’s no doubt this will probably be his last season here, and if Evans is fully fit you would expect Maggy and Evans to be our first team back two with Morgan and Lord Farquaad as back up.

Edited by buzzer_b
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

Morgan has been a brilliant servant to us but he’s declined massively over the last few years. There’s no doubt this will probably be his last season here, and if Evans is fully fit you would expect Maggy and Evans to be our first team back two with Morgan and Lord Farquaad as back up.

Think it might take a few more weeks for Wes to be out of the team, Evans and Maguire have probably only had about 8 training sessions together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxInTheBox89 said:

Christ what game were you watching?  Cannot understand the bias hate bollux directed towards Morgan on this forum?  Wes played well against United.  For information it was Maguire that kept giving the ball away.  Maguire being at fault for the chance Lukaku missed towards the end Schmeichel saving it.

For as long as Morgan is club captain he will not be dropped anytime soon. 

Morgan is a premier league winner and captain at the time we comfortably won the premier league bias negative hate and silly comments directed towards a club legend is shocking and uncalled for.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, suffolk fox said:

Christ what game were you watching?  Cannot understand the bias hate bollux directed towards Morgan on this forum?  Wes played well against United.  For information it was Maguire that kept giving the ball away.  Maguire being at fault for the chance Lukaku missed towards the end Schmeichel saving it.

Morgan is a premier league winner and captain at the time we comfortably won the premier league bias negative hate and silly comments directed towards a club legend is shocking and uncalled for.

No hate here i just think his time has come. I dint think Maggy had a great game either.

Because Wes won the league and is indeed a legend does not mean he is not open to scrutiny and judgement

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Ive stood by Wes on here for years and I love what he's done for Leicester but the last two seasons has seen his form dip drastically, even compared to 14/15 form. He did give the ball away twice in the second half at OT, one he didn't/couldn't run back as quick as you'd hope.

We've signed 3 CB's in the summer, one of them was a previous Premier League Captain and has to start games soon, another is a full international who will be pushing first 11 in the next month or two, then there's Benkovic who we paid 15m+ for and that's before we mention Harry Maguire.

I'm sorry it's come up but for the good of the Club we have to accept Wes has to be phased out.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FoxInTheBox89 said:

No hate here i just think his time has come. I dint think Maggy had a great game either.

Because Wes won the league and is indeed a legend does not mean he is not open to scrutiny and judgement

That is a given. However some of the comments on his performance at Utd have crossed the border and entered the land of stupidity. He had a reasonable game - everyone did. Even Amartey, bar his unfortunate upper arm lapse, played ok. I mean people slagging him for getting a yellow card - what?

Anyway - today - no idea at all. Don’t think Wolves are as good as they believe. Don’t think we’re as crap as many believe. Result - not a clue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suffolk fox said:

It was 100% Morgan's fault for the Lukaku chance. The ball was in Morgan's control distance and be randomly backed Away. 

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

Mendy is in the squad for today

Don’t be surprised if Mendy is given a start in the next few games. He’s the forgotten man of Leicester due to his unfortunate injury and signing Ndidi but he was the captain of Nice under Puel when they finished in the Champions League places. 

When we first signed him he was the wrong signing to make because he’s not a stats leader for tackles and interceptions. But now we play 4-2-3-1 he could have a part to play. He knows the system inside and out and knows what is expected of him. And that Puel gave him the armband at Nice means he trusts him too. 

I think Iborra and Silva are good players but they have not yet stamped their authority down on the team and made themselves irreplaceable. Not like Vardy, Kasper, Maguire, etc. Thus there is an opportunity for him. 

No idea how it will turn out but don’t be surprised to see him play some part in the next few weeks and don’t be surprised if he turns out to be half decent either. The way we play now is far better suited to his game. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1