Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Wolves Pre-Match Thread, 18th Aug

20 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Just because it's you, that's going to send people into meltdown :D

Credit where it's due, Col performs consistently well in the Superbru league.

I think he's earned the right to a bit of respect when it comes to footy.

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

He's been declared fit.

I would very much doubt he will just come straight into the team,

Personally I don't get the hype anyway he is quick but his end product is usually poor 13 assists in 60+ games (including a season in the championship)  isn't exactly outstanding is it.

Wolves have a lot better players than him.

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

I would very much doubt he will just come straight into the team,

Personally I don't get the hype anyway he is quick but his end product is usually poor 13 assists in 60+ games (including a season in the championship)  isn't exactly outstanding is it.

Wolves have a lot better players than him.

He's not great but has improved. Doesn't really matter what his end product is, just needs to go around winning free kicks (like Shinji) and their better players will take them.

18 minutes ago, brucey said:

He's not great but has improved. Doesn't really matter what his end product is, just needs to go around winning free kicks (like Shinji) and their better players will take them.

Lets hope Mike Dean is on top of his game then lol:blink::(

my only memory of wolves is 5-0 at home and bob hazell - cant even remember if he was playing for us then or them - think it was wolves at that time and i just shook my head to think what kind of donkey have we signed now - no recollection of the era but think it must have been aound the pleat out days as i turned up to games absolutely hammered - only way to survive the dross that was the 80's 

32 minutes ago, AYLESBURY FOX 1961 said:

my only memory of wolves is 5-0 at home and bob hazell - cant even remember if he was playing for us then or them - think it was wolves at that time and i just shook my head to think what kind of donkey have we signed now - no recollection of the era but think it must have been aound the pleat out days as i turned up to games absolutely hammered - only way to survive the dross that was the 80's 

Same era Aylesbury and think you are correct it was 5 nil, pretty sure I am seen in Pen 3 wearing a bright yellow and blue jumper celebrating after a goal, cigarette in hand, on Match of the Day highlights - sporting what I thought was a trendy moustache just to top off the “look like a right twat” image ?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Traore has improved tbf had a really good season last season looks to have improved his end product a fair bit. Would be worried if he was to play vs chilwell but doubt he’ll come straight into team.

All of the above.

Remember the 3-0 up lost 4-3 game at Wolves. Was up in the Lake District driving back across the Hardknott Pass. It's very remote and you lose radio signal. We were 3-0 up when the radio crackled out. I thought "even we can't fck this up". As we descended back down towards Ambleside the signal came back and we'd lost 4-3! 

Ruined my whole weekend!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Just listening to the Radio Leicester Boot Room podcast. Some bloke from the local radio station in Wolverhampton was on. Talk about confidence - even Birch said afterwards that it's not worth us turning up on Saturday! At one point this bloke said the new owners at Wolves have ambitions to be on Man U's level within 10 years! ?

I certainly hope that Man U and Wolves will be on the same level before that lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

Remember the 3-0 up lost 4-3 game at Wolves. Was up in the Lake District driving back across the Hardknott Pass. It's very remote and you lose radio signal. We were 3-0 up when the radio crackled out. I thought "even we can't fck this up". As we descended back down towards Ambleside the signal came back and we'd lost 4-3! 

Ruined my whole weekend!

Somehow I'd forgotten that match. Thanks for bringing it up :dry:

14 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

It's crazy- a young lad from our own academy, represented England at every age group, improving rapidly and some people don't like him.

If he plays like he did at United all season, he'll be first choice LB for England before we know it.

There was rumours that he was going to be one of the stand bye players for the world cup, if he carries on like he is like you said be englands next lb

31 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

It's crazy- a young lad from our own academy, represented England at every age group, improving rapidly and some people don't like him.

If he plays like he did at United all season, he'll be first choice LB for England before we know it.

What are you on about Ted ?

Why were a tin pot club like Liverpool so interested in him ?

Why did Claudio who has managed some big players in his time … Batistuta etc … virtually froth at the mouth when he saw him play ?

Because he is one of the best young English prospects around … but some posters on here seem to know better,

• Like 2