Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Player Ratings : Leicester City 1-2 Liverpool

Leicester City 1-2 Liverpool

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 6.3

Total Average Rating

267 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Nampalys Mendy 7.2
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Daniel Amartey Substitute 5.2
  4. Manager Confidence 0% 0%

even though we didnt win , i thought it has been the best we have played this year, mendy and ndidi, were great. BUT AND THERE IS A BUT,

1) WE PLAYED SO WELL TILL WE HIT, the front 1/3 and we had no one to finish it off, got to ask the question why did we not buy another forward, what we got other than vardy is crap.

2) GRAY, iam sorry but this bloke is not premier league standard, he needs to go.

3) GHEZZEL was very good , hard to push of the ball, will get better with more game time.

4) BUT THE BIGGEST ? MARK, goes to the manager, his sub are really hard to work out, bring shinji and amarty when ur chasing the game was strange, the bloke must be brain dead.

Between Mendy & Ghezzal for MOTM, worst game I’ve seen Maguire play and think he needs Söyüncü to come in and be his regular partner. Periera looked poor defensively and Gray is definitely not a lone striker. As were Man Utd Liverpool were there for the taking, point/points dropped again....

Chilwell is not a natural defender..great with the ball at his feet but too lightweight. Should have tried to slide in to block the first goal but just stayed on his feet . Look at what Joe Gomez did on Maddison.

Send him to train with Leicester Tigers that would toughen him up a bit.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, drofmor55 said:

Chilwell is not a natural defender..great with the ball at his feet but too lightweight. Should have tried to slide in to block the first goal but just stayed on his feet . Look at what Joe Gomez did on Maddison.

Plenty were culpable with the 1st goal, talking about lightweight Ricardo allowed Robertson to bulldoze him, Morgan and Maguire both made half-hearted leg movement to let him pass. To then blame Chilwell when he was correctly covering the left side of the penalty area and had to sprint a fair distance unexpectedly is a bit strong.

• Like 4

Crazy to blame Chilwell for that goal, if he launches himself at Mane he risks a penalty and a booking/red, if you are not 100% you can’t dive in. Maddison had a couple of touches made the space but was stationary it is easier for Gomez to launch himself in front of a stationary opponent. If you miss the ball you’re not going to take out the man. Mane was travelling and it is a lot harder to cleanly tackle someone travelling.

Edited by Captain...

13 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Chilwell was on his own marking 3 Liverpool players for the first goal, Wes & Harry moved over too far, why Maddison was marking Firmino is beyond me, defenders job to mark the number 9 surely....

Certainly things to learn defensively when Liverpool had the ball in advanced positions we struggled to deal with them, but what we did well in the second half was starve them of the ball and stop attacks before they started.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Am I being an idiot here.

if I don’t want to vote,but want to see the scores so far.How do I ?

I'll try and make that available soon, and look into some of the other requests. If you click the Player Ratings tab at the top or in the menu on mobile you can see results on there though.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, drofmor55 said:

Wouldn’t send him there after how they played and got embarrassed yesterday

19 hours ago, inckley fox said:

There's some peculiar ratings there, so far. There's no way Morgan was so inferior to Maguire and Pereira, and also the 2nd worst performer on the pitch. And there's no way Maddison's performance was on a par with Ndidi's. Did the people posting these ratings actually watch this game, or were they pre-programmed to think Morgan's past it, while Maguire, Pereira and Maddison are amazing?

its all a matter of opinion

I thought James Maddison was easily the best player on the pitch. 

7s for most but 8 for Ndidi and Maddison. 

Playing without a recognised striker was a mistake but we lost that game by conceding two really sloppy goals and giving ourselves a mountain to climb. 

7 hours ago, Mark said:

I'll try and make that available soon, and look into some of the other requests. If you click the Player Ratings tab at the top or in the menu on mobile you can see results on there though.

I'd strongly suggest not making results available to people who haven't voted until after the voting is finished. A lot of people vote a specific way in order to redress the balance, so it will skew the ratings a lot if people look at it and say 'hey, Maddison's got 8.21, I wasn't all that impressed with him - let's give him a 1 to drag it back down'.

If the process is set up in such a way that it can be influenced by the rankings before someone votes, then that can only work if everybody's marks can be seen on an individual basis. For instance, I see Mark has voted, click on Mark, and see his scores, so if he's given Amartey a 10 and Chilwell a 0 than I can challenge him on it. Otherwise, with the benefit of anonymity, people will pursue agendas. Even with the best of intentions, I was so shocked by how low a score Morgan had been given that I was tempted to give him an 8 or 9. I had to stop myself.

If you want to see the ratings, just wait until the voting is over. Or, as I say, also make them available on an individual basis.

• Like 2

An (ex) student of mine, in one of his other subjects, is doing a year-long study of Leicester players' average ratings (everyone had to choose something to collect data on, he chose this), and his teacher has been kind enough to forward it to me every week or so, when we exchange a 'football e-mail'. He takes three ratings - Foxestalk, Whoscored, and an average mark from three newspapers' ratings, then divides by three. Chilwell is currently our best player for the season on 7.0. Of our regulars, Amartey is the lowest, followed by Wes (which seems unfair to me). Wes was on 6.0 or 6.1, if I recall. If you ever want the list, I'll ask for it and pass it on.

The last I'd heard he was quite upset because he could only find player ratings for the Fleetwood game on the Mercury website! I've read those ratings before, so I understand why.

Now you might find that bit of information the dullest and most irrelevant thing you've ever heard, in which case I'm sorry, but I'm a bit of a geek for this stuff. And I like the fact that something we do which seems like a bit of fun, but also a waste of time, isn't actually a total waste of time.

14 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

then that can only work if everybody's marks can be seen on an individual basis. For instance, I see Mark has voted, click on Mark, and see his scores, so if he's given Amartey a 10 and Chilwell a 0 than I can challenge him on it.

Please not that we already have enough people moaning when some choose voluntarily show their scores.

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Please not that we already have enough people moaning when some choose voluntarily show their scores.

It could make for some quite explosive discussions, couldn't it?

Personally, I think it would be fun. But even if it's impractical, I think it'd still be best to reduce the chance of other people's votes swaying how someone casts theirs.