Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

FA Cup 2018/19

Great for Watford to beat Barcelona of the Midlands.

For all the hate he gets, I'd have loved to have  seen Deeney at City with Vards.

Watford have to be one of the teams of the season.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Izzy said:

He's really turned his life around and is the model pro now. Gone gluten free and trains his ass off apparently. 

I'll always remember his brilliant MOTD analysis on us when we won the PL. 

every inch the club legend. Fair play to the lad.

Guest ttfn

The talking up of Wolves in advance of the semi final was ridiculous as well. You’d be forgiven for thinking Watford were fighting relegation from the pre-match coverage in the media over the past couple of weeks.

Watford are just as good a side as Wolves. 1 point separates them in the table and Wolves still have to go to Vicarage Road.

Genuinely couldn’t call who’s going to get that 7th european spot now. I’d maybe say:

Watford 35% (by virtue of them having 2 cracks at it)

Wolves 25%

Us 20%

Everton 15%

West Ham 5%

Football often goes through a hell of a lot of rows of negative mangles...!!!!

Today two top PL "also-ran- teams showed , I believe why I Iove football....Being a neutral,no preferences,no caustic negative thoughts on either team...

They dished up not only a great game,but a game which was a shot in the arm,for some modern cynics,who believe the FA.cup gets sold short!!!

I am a fan,I am not a poster looking for physcological point scoring,nor am I  a better Pundit know-all!!!

Wolves & Watford dished up one of the best FA.cup semi-finals for decades....just a brilliant Sunday footballing Sunday afternoon..!!

It belongs to one of those games where you really don't mind watching representative highlights...Truelly like  an old Pathe- news great game...

these next few seasons,might show us how hard and why the PM also-rans, make it one of the best leagues in the world....

Leicesters,competitors in this season's run in have shown,we won't have it easy to chase down those other covetted positions...5th-competitive 10th!!!.

It might also mean...that we can push each other to chase those 3-5th placing s,for 5-6 seasons and not just 1 surprise moment..!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

But why.

Watford are as good as Wolves but don't go around telling everyone. Likeable. Not like the big spenders.

I know not much separates them in the table but Watford seem somewhat inconsistent. I know there's the links with Mendes but I prefer Wolves' players (collectively, I know I've given praise to Deeney earlier in the thread). Prefer how Wolves play with the system they do and how organised they are. Players like Jimenez, Neves, Jota, Doherty are very good and to be honest, wouldn't mind if they were in the Leicester side. 

I feel like many on here dislike (or have grown to dislike) Wolves because of @The Bear on here. And let's face it, he's hardly the worst non-LCFC member we've had on here (I present to you @Lamby...)

The spending thing is just the way football is these days to be honest. As normal fans like us, there's very little we can/will do. Maybe I don't let it bother me as much :unsure:.

This isn't to say Watford aren't bad or I dislike them. I just prefer Wolves over them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Cant help but really like Watford. I obviously want Man City to win but if the final had no impact on us I'd 100% cheer on Watford. 

I will still support Watford over Man.city......just because a new name to be bantered around..

Edited by fuchsntf

30 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I know not much separates them in the table but Watford seem somewhat inconsistent. I know there's the links with Mendes but I prefer Wolves' players (collectively, I know I've given praise to Deeney earlier in the thread). Prefer how Wolves play with the system they do and how organised they are. Players like Jimenez, Neves, Jota, Doherty are very good and to be honest, wouldn't mind if they were in the Leicester side. 

I feel like many on here dislike (or have grown to dislike) Wolves because of @The Bear on here. And let's face it, he's hardly the worst non-LCFC member we've had on here (I present to you @Lamby...)

The spending thing is just the way football is these days to be honest. As normal fans like us, there's very little we can/will do. Maybe I don't let it bother me as much :unsure:.

This isn't to say Watford aren't bad or I dislike them. I just prefer Wolves over them.

Nah as much as I take the piss out of @The Bear he seems decent enough, a bit cocky at times but that's fine. I've disliked Wolves from the Walshy/Bull days and that horrible 4-3 back in the day. The few Wolves fans I know are beyond delusional as well

46 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Nah as much as I take the piss out of @The Bear he seems decent enough, a bit cocky at times but that's fine. I've disliked Wolves from the Walshy/Bull days and that horrible 4-3 back in the day. The few Wolves fans I know are beyond delusional as well

Fair enough. I wasn't old enough to remember Walsh vs Bull but I do remember the 4-3 :(.

Maybe it's the Watford play-off game I still have a grudge for deep down!

3 hours ago, floz said:

It was a thing of great beauty...…

Glad he came on and proved his point.

Thought he might have sulked about only being a sub.

Probably be a City player doing that in the final.

Credit to Wolves - they seemed to take it all in good grace.

• Like 2

Since beating Aston Villa in the 1960 FA Cup semi-final, Wolves have been eliminated on each of their past five appearances at this stage of the tournament (1973, 1979, 1981, 1998 and 2019).

34 minutes ago, davieG said:

Since beating Aston Villa in the 1960 FA Cup semi-final, Wolves have been eliminated on each of their past five appearances at this stage of the tournament (1973, 1979, 1981, 1998 and 2019).

Wasn’t it the same for Watford ...    so one of them was always going to keep the tradition going ...