Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Significant Delays Expected For City Fans Travelling To Cardiff

Leicester City supporters travelling to the team’s match away at Cardiff City on Saturday 3 November are advised of significant potential delays to their journey due to an international rugby fixture.

- Journey time to Leicester City’s away fixture with Cardiff City will be impacted by an international rugby match on the same day
- Wales host Scotland at the Principality Stadium, with 200,000 extra people expected in the city centre on 3 November
- Leicester City fans are strongly advised to plan their day in advance and allow a greater amount of time to reach the stadium
- The road closures and congestion in Cardiff will impact all journeys to and from the stadium

The Foxes kick-off at 3pm at the Cardiff City Stadium, while Wales face Scotland at the Principality Stadium at 2:45pm on the same afternoon, with up to 200,000 extra people expected to be in Cardiff City centre on the day.

This will mean closures and congestion on a number of city centre roads, with car parks and city centre bars also likely to be filled with rugby supporters in Cardiff for the Scotland international.

As a result, Leicester City supporters are strongly advised to allow much more time than usual for their journeys into and out of Cardiff for the game, with the increase in traffic expected to impact all journey times to Cardiff City Stadium.

Those supporters who make use of the usual designated away supporter pubs (Walkabout, St Mary’s Street) are also advised that these will be full with rugby followers, so Leicester City fans may experience difficulty in finding available pubs.

Tickets for the fixture are now on General Sale and can be purchased by going online at LCFC.com, calling the City Sales Centre on 0344 815 5000 or by visiting the Foxes Fanstore at King Power Stadium.

9 hours ago, LittlethorpeFox said:

are people driving and parking near cardiff. I spoke to somebody about potentially driving to Bristol Parkway and getting a 35 minute train from there to Cardiff Central, as to miss any congestion in and around Cardiff.

Theres a lot that i know of doing this option, £12.40 open return 

Edited by Bristol fox ....

6 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Travelling by train, I have noticed a massive difference in price just travelling to CC, rather than Ninian Park (i.e., much cheaper travelling to CC)

That doesn't make sense. The return fare from Cardiff Central to Ninian Park is only £2.70p ?

Edited by l444ry

I’m parking in Newport and getting the train to grangetown. Think it was £9.80 for  my son and I, but I did book it about 3 weeks ago, so the price may have changed.  There is a change at Cardiff Central but my theory is that if I’m just swapping platforms I won’t have to queue to get in to the station at the same time as the rugby crowd.