Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike Oxlong

Sing for Claude

6 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

You need to take a long hard look in the mirror. Shameful you are even thinking this way all things considered.?

It's not really though is it?

We have to move on at some point and get back to normality. The accident is not going to define Leicester City for the rest of time.

All I've asked is when people individually feel that might be.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

It is difficult to judge - have you ever had a loss that was devastating? Different people will take differing lengths of time to deal with it fully, no two people react to grief the same. One could reasonably ask how long the naysayers will keep up their dogmatic negativity whilst the whole club is in turmoil - the manager is/was good enough for Top/Vichai, but not good enough for the unhappy on here. I feel some people only roar their heads off for the team on certain conditions - when are THEY going to learn what unconditional (NOT the same as uncritical) support means?

I think this international break could not have been better timed for our club, first time I've ever felt that way.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Livid said:

I’ll hold my hands up.

A year ago I thought there was no way on earth Chilwell would cut it as a left back let alone an England international but I was wrong he has come on tremendously. That is down to Puel, he stood by him when he was getting slated (including by me), gave him confidence and probably taught him a couple of things.

Ricardo is starting to get it. As good as he looks bombing forward I think he’s beginning to understand you can’t do that at will in this league. 

A couple of of months ago I didn’t see much progress but the longer the season goes the better we seem to look. It will come. 

What are your thoughts on players like Ndidi and Diabaté?

4 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

What are your thoughts on players like Ndidi and Diabaté?

Defensively I don’t have a problem with Wilf or Mendy. They are what they are two solid defensively minded CM. Could they be doing more, I don’t know. Should they be doing more again I don’t know. I think we have lacked a decent attacking box to box CM for some time. I don’t think either of them are going to fulfill that role.  It’s one thing to tweak someone’s game another to change it totally. 

Diabate I haven’t seen for some time. I think we’ve improved as a team since he last had a run. I can’t comment. 

23 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

If you have a lot of shots but don’t score, the problem’s not the tactics, it’s the shooting. 

Can't agree with that. Depends where the shots are from. We don't create enough as a side in general. Should've scored at least one of the chances yesterday, mind you, but I think as a general rule we usually have a lot of shots without actually having that many clear chances, if that makes sense.

I would join in with any song for Puel…. I was disappointed one didn’t get one going on Saturday…. It must’ve been like parading your beautiful ex girlfriends in front of your wife!  It would be good to show him some love…

Maybe a song for Top whist we are at it?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Can't agree with that. Depends where the shots are from. We don't create enough as a side in general. Should've scored at least one of the chances yesterday, mind you, but I think as a general rule we usually have a lot of shots without actually having that many clear chances, if that makes sense.

Gray one on one, vardy shoot to a goal which the gk are down already, and maybe ghezzal crossbar header were the clear cut chances. 

But the rest of the match, I agree we are sometime struggle to create clear cut, especially when our opposition start to mark our no. 10

Not sure what will happen to ghezzal if he play as no 10 and get tightly marked as madison 

16 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

It's not really though is it?

We have to move on at some point and get back to normality. The accident is not going to define Leicester City for the rest of time.

Pretty fecking obviously not the first home game after the accident. 

As for blaming Puel for setting up so defensive have you considered the wishes and thoughts of our new owner. 

Who may have said do not risk loosing this game. 

10 hours ago, sylofox said:

Pretty fecking obviously not the first home game after the accident. 

As for blaming Puel for setting up so defensive have you considered the wishes and thoughts of our new owner. 

Who may have said do not risk loosing this game. 

If you scroll back through the thread mate, I think it's quite clear that I'm not judging Puel on just the Burnley game.

In fact far from it, I'm pushing the point that he should be judged across a prolonged period of time rather than just the last two weeks (as the OP was suggesting that he should have his name sung because of the last two weeks).

As soap opera as your suggestion sounds, if Puel is taking tactical direction from any owner at any time then that would only add further weight to him not being the right man for me.

I don't think this is the case though seeing as we've persisted with a back four and two defensive midfielders all season (even versus 10-men or when we have nothing to lose).

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

If you scroll back through the thread mate, I think it's quite clear that I'm not judging Puel on just the Burnley game.

In fact far from it, I'm pushing the point that he should be judged across a prolonged period of time rather than just the last two weeks (as the OP was suggesting that he should have his name sung because of the last two weeks).

As soap opera as your suggestion sounds, if Puel is taking tactical direction from any owner at any time then that would only add further weight to him not being the right man for me.

I don't think this is the case though seeing as we've persisted with a back four and two defensive midfielders all season (even versus 10-men or when we have nothing to lose).

Not so, but it is a part of the overall picture 

2 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Who said he's took tactical advice. 

Under the circumstances I would think him all the players the owners and other board members felt the same. Or would you rather we threw everything at them and lost to a breakaway goal. 

90% of our fans under the circumstances seem happy with the result. Your coming across as one of the 10%.

53 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Who said he's took tactical advice. 

Under the circumstances I would think him all the players the owners and other board members felt the same. Or would you rather we threw everything at them and lost to a breakaway goal. 

90% of our fans under the circumstances seem happy with the result. Your coming across as one of the 10%.

You were suggesting that maybe the 'new owner' told him to play defensively/not lose the game?!

But again, you're missing the point that I'm not talking about Saturday in isolation. I'm talking about Puel over the last year.

You didn't scroll back through the thread did you you little scoundrel!!!

Edited by Freeman's Wharfer

13 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

You were suggesting that maybe the 'new owner' told him to play defensively/not lose the game?!

But again, you're missing the point that I'm not talking about Saturday in isolation. I'm talking about Puel over the last year.

You didn't scroll back through the thread did you you little scoundrel!!!

The clue was in the word MAYBE. 

Yes I do get the point but not sure you do. Perhaps some of us don't want your bullshite at the present time. 

Oh well another off my Xmas card list. 

9 minutes ago, sylofox said:

The clue was in the word MAYBE. 

Yes I do get the point but not sure you do. Perhaps some of us don't want your bullshite at the present time. 

Oh well another off my Xmas card list. 

He's on my list of people I responded to entirely reasonably, only to be ignored.

On 11/11/2018 at 11:17, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I'll ask this question again as I'm genuinely interested to hear people's responses...

When does the accident stop being a factor? When will we be able to assess the football we see played before us without attributing it to the accident? One week? One month? One year?

Possibly as early as after the international break. Maybe not.

But i think, first game a week after the deaths, followed by first home game, at the site of the deaths, after travelling to and from thailand for the funeral. THAT IS TOO ****ING SOON.

Get it?

I liken your comments to that of Dan Roan, but at least in his defence, he didnt realise it would be broadcast to loads of people who cared.

You did. ****ing troll.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 13:19, Freeman's Wharfer said:

You're missing my point here...

Should we start to sing Puel's name just because of the last two weeks? No, the merit of singing his name should be based on the whole picture and not just an isolated incident.

Did we play well against Burnley? We were ok, should have probably won. Would have had a better chance of winning without a back four and two defensive midfielders for the entire 90 mins (you can still look dangerous against a poor side with a safety-first approach - imagine how dangerous you'd look if you threw caution to the wind even more)

Should the last two weeks give Puel a free pass? Absolutely not. We should judge him across the last 12 months and it would be good to clarify when we can start looking at the bigger picture (because like it or not that result yesterday will fit into the bigger picture come the end of December when we're considering points won at home versus the bottom half - which was his big undoing last season)

Is either of us right or wrong? No, it's all about opinions. Some will want Puel out based on the approach and the results across a prolonged period, others will think we should settle for safety and 9th-12th. Some will give Puel extra time because of the accident, others will believe he would/should have been sacked for results up to the night of the accident.

Am I stupid? Definitely not. I'm not a Puel fan based on what I've seen from him in the last year. I firmly believe anything below 8th is a poor season given the squad we have and resources. I feel we struggle against the poorer teams at home as the approach is the same as for the better teams away. I'm more at the pragmatic end of the scale regarding the accident and feel that after yesterday it's time to get back to move on and get back to normality.

I think you're missing THE point.

People are advocating singing a song for him. Considering the debate about should he stay or should he go, it seems obvious that the ONLY reason we could all agree on the possibility of singing him a song is purely down to the last 2 weeks.

Re read it. Should we sing a song for him.

I dont know how youve managed to confuse that with "Should we forgive him for everything, give him a 12 year contract and never sack him."

Maybe, just maybe its not everyone else and could be down to you and what you are typing.

• Like 3