Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Claude Puel craves January transfer window to rebalance his Leicester City squad

48 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Antonio would be a interesting option imo. A good, direct, powerful player that would offer us something slightly different as a striking option and can also play on the wing and at full back. I'd consider him more of a 'utility option' in that he can cover the two positions most fans are keen to recruit (striker + winger) to a very reasonable standard without being an outstanding pick in either position. 

So could Musa :D

1 hour ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

What bout 4312, 

3= Mendy, Gray, Albrighton( Or any winger we bring in)

1= Madderz

2= Vardz and Nacho

Having Mendy as a 1-man centre midfield would be suicide.

Edited by Xen
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

No striker of any established repute is going to come here whilst we play one up top with Vardy starting. If we sign anybody at all in the striker dept I’d think it would be somebody for the U23’s we a view to first team in the next season or two.

Best we can hope for is a winger/forward (in the mould of Zaha but obviously not him who can do both or play as part of a front three) and a creative midfielder or some utility player that is mediocre in all those positions!

If management is telling Puel....until we offload,... no / smaller investments,then this is the way we are going to go!!!

After club and Puel statements,and undercurrents,I see no major buys for January,unless a sudden suprise turn around,where players are

Moved on!!!

2 minutes ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

Well he's doing way better than Wilf right now

I'm not questioning whether or not Mendy is better than Wilf.

I'm saying having anyone in a one man midfield would be insane. Kanté, even, would look rubbish with opposition running rings round him if he was isolated in the middle of the pitch.

• Like 3

I, like others would like to see us try 3 at the back again, it worked so well against Arsenal for the majority of the first half. In theory, a 3-4-2-1 could allow us more strength at the back and free the full backs to get up and down, and allow the likes of Maddison and Gray/Ghezzal some more freedom to support the striker (even Nacho if he’s in for Vardy!!)

Schmeichel

Evans   Morgan/Soyuncu   Maguire

Ricardo        Mendy     Ndidi          Chilwell

Gray                      Maddison

Vardy

• Like 3