Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

“Helicopter has crashed outside.”

Great piece of writing.

This was exactly the polar opposite of the night I bumped into you at the KP when we won the League. Football and life will carry on but we must NEVER forget what this guy did for our club and city.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

You can get more info on The Fox Fanzine and how to subscribe, here: https://thefoxfanzine.wordpress.com/

Just asking - do you do all live coverage of all Leicester games where possible, or just some and other games unrelated to the club as well?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Just asking - do you do all live coverage of all Leicester games where possible, or just some and other games unrelated to the club as well?

I usually get asked to cover all the home games for talkSPORT, not too often away though.

I was at Rotherham last Saturday for instance.

I don't really mind where they send me because I'm extremely lucky to do something I love.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I usually get asked to cover all the home games for talkSPORT, not too often away though.

I was at Rotherham last Saturday for instance.

I don't really mind where they send me because I'm extremely lucky to do something I love.

I only recently, admittedly, listened to quite a few of your commentaries over the past couple of months than in the past and enjoy the way you do it.

With no offence to Ian Stringer, I do prefer you/your style as the club's radio match commentator.

You're straight-forward and thorough in your presentation and interview technique, and are hardly controversial in your approach (unlike Ian at times).

Edited by Wymeswold fox

26 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Thanks all for the kind words. It was written about a week after the crash.

I'm not a natural written wordsmith, much easier to blag it on the radio.

Throughout this whole ordeal, I've been proud to tell people you're a long time friend. 

You've represented us and the club brilliantly mate :thumbup:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Throughout this whole ordeal, I've been proud to tell people you're a long time friend. 

You've represented us and the club brilliantly mate :thumbup:

Me too!!!

Although I only spoke to you for about 5 mins at Copenhagen Airport and occasionally stalk you on Facebook I tell people how close we are especially with our love for Cafe Del Mars' Nalin & Harry Kane Remix!!!! LOL.

• Like 2

Chuffin Nora Geoff, id just about got over this!

i used to have a tinge of jealously about your Job- but i don’t any more . you can’t pick the smooth Jobs away from the rough ones. You have to do them all. 

I have the utmost respect for the work you do.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Thanks all for the kind words. It was written about a week after the crash.

I'm not a natural written wordsmith, much easier to blag it on the radio.

Occasionally I can tell that you're slightly uncomfortable writing, but you still do yourself a massive disservice - it is a very special piece indeed.

• Like 1

Geoff,

We had a beer in Seville and you seemed a good guy but the way you have handled this tradegy has been commendable, must have been horrible for you but thanks for sharing this, it’s interesting to hear from your perspective.

Keep doing what you are doing mate and onwards and upwards I guess !

• Like 1

An insightful, sensitive piece, Geoff - well done!
It cannot have been easy reacting to such a tragedy, and one so close to home, when you were expecting to report on nothing more than a run-of-the-mill football match.
The closest I ever got to doing anything remotely similar was being the stone sub-editor for the Buff (Sports Mercury) back on the afternoon of April 15th, 1989, when we started getting PA wire messages of what was happening on that awful day at Hillsborough.
Unlike you, I wasn't even at the scene but I know how difficult it was in my situation to make professional decisions (mainly ditching the match report of City's 2-0 win over Chelsea as the front-page lead and the subsequent changes to the paper) against the backdrop of such a horrendous event. 
So hats off to you!

• Like 1