Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Euro 2020 Qualifiers

2 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Lolololol.  Not their night, is it?

EDIT: Is it just me, or does England play better without Dier... :P

Dier is so over rated looks poor anytime I see him play. 

How bad is this Czech team ?

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

I can just about tolerate Hoddle. He's not the most dynamic of pundits but I can cut him some slack as he was a bit of a hero of mine growing up. And he's lucky not to be dead . ITV coverage is pretty shit overall  really - I'm sure they could do better

Fk,hoddle..fk any Pundit..just jenoy the result!!!

Sterling excellent..last 2 seasons I have been  questioning his right to be in the team...Great roll through the center,Happy to be proved totally wrong!!

Southgate is going to be a manager the fans will enjoy.

We play the opposition,that's put in front of us...No need to find negatives,we have seen again a change in the system,the young subs,didn't stop the flow.

Great start in the new competition...

east Midland fans prefer to be morose and negative...ah well!!! What's new..

12 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

That sounds very familiar :P :D

?? must be maguire and chilwells fault.  

Wouldnt mind seeing butland get a run out not sure how he is playing this season for stoke but always been a decent keeper. Give Pickford a few games rest 

4 hours ago, ttfn said:

It’s such a terrible shame that in this bright new era for English football we’ve still got Clive ****ing Tyldsley commentating.

Absolutely dire commentator.

Clive "That balmy night in Barcelona" Tyldsley to give him his full name

I appreciate none of you lot will care but it's a real shame Bale isn't just a few years younger. He's had to go years with absolutely no support other than Rambo when he's fit. 

Now we've got James, Lawrence, Wilson, Brooks, Matondo, Woodburn, Roberts all coming through. Probably none of them will reach his level of ability, a few of them probably won't even wind up as top flight regulars, but christ it's nice to have young, quick attacking options. 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

I appreciate none of you lot will care but it's a real shame Bale isn't just a few years younger. He's had to go years with absolutely no support other than Rambo when he's fit. 

Now we've got James, Lawrence, Wilson, Brooks, Matondo, Woodburn, Roberts all coming through. Probably none of them will reach his level of ability, a few of them probably won't even wind up as top flight regulars, but christ it's nice to have young, quick attacking options. 

Always thought if bale was english we would have won the world cup lol.

Great player.

Just now, Jattdogg said:

Always thought if bale was english we would have won the world cup lol.

Great player.

Not if Southgate refused to play wingers tbh. Bale on one side, Sterling on the other playing in their natural positions with Kane in the middle would be a great attack. 

I've never really fully liked Bale down the middle tbh. Think it's a bit of a waste, he doesn't get in the game enough. 

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not if Southgate refused to play wingers tbh. Bale on one side, Sterling on the other playing in their natural positions with Kane in the middle would be a great attack

I've never really fully liked Bale down the middle tbh. Think it's a bit of a waste, he doesn't get in the game enough. 

Agree with this 100%.

So do you fancy wales making it to euro. Seems like a tough group given the teams in it.

7 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Agree with this 100%.

So do you fancy wales making it to euro. Seems like a tough group given the teams in it.

Depends on availability and our away form. 

We've got comfortably the second best preferred eleven in the group and it's not beyond us to even get a result against Croatia at home if everyone's fit. 

But if Bale and Ramsey have another year of inconsistent fitness, if Brooks, Lawrence, Wilson and James are in and out the squad all the time then eh. Plus, we should really have qualified for the World Cup but we kept drawing home games that we should have won comfortably. 

Giggs is much more attacking in his philosophy which suits this young squad, so who knows. 

Truthfully, I expect us to qualify, but we'll see. We'll learn a lot in the next hour with how we close this game out. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

Depends on availability and our away form. 

We've got comfortably the second best preferred eleven in the group and it's not beyond us to even get a result against Croatia at home if everyone's fit. 

But if Bale and Ramsey have another year of inconsistent fitness, if Brooks, Lawrence, Wilson and James are in and out the squad all the time then eh. Plus, we should really have qualified for the World Cup but we kept drawing home games that we should have won comfortably. 

Giggs is much more attacking in his philosophy which suits this young squad, so who knows. 

Truthfully, I expect us to qualify, but we'll see. We'll learn a lot in the next hour with how we close this game out. 

Slovakia and hungary are those types of teams that can nick a game if you dont take them seriously. A second goal in this game is definitely  needed just to keep yourself from conceeding late.

Hopefully bale can keep fit and score some goals. Euro could use england, wales and both irish teams. :)

1 minute ago, Jattdogg said:

Slovakia and hungary are those types of teams that can nick a game if you dont take them seriously. A second goal in this game is definitely  needed just to keep yourself from conceeding late.

Hopefully bale can keep fit and score some goals. Euro could use england, wales and both irish teams. :)

I'll be surprised if Northern Ireland qualify through this tbh. Not sure what their nations league status is, did they get to the playoffs in that? 

They've got Germany and the Netherlands in this though and the Dutch have remembered how to play. 

Republic have Denmark and Switzerland, both of whom are probably a little stronger than them at the moment as well and the Irish were awful against Gibraltar. 

Then there's Scotland... lol

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I'll be surprised if Northern Ireland qualify through this tbh. Not sure what their nations league status is, did they get to the playoffs in that? 

They've got Germany and the Netherlands in this though and the Dutch have remembered how to play. 

Republic have Denmark and Switzerland, both of whom are probably a little stronger than them at the moment as well and the Irish were awful against Gibraltar. 

Then there's Scotland... lol

NI finished on 0 points in their group thats all i know.

Totally forgot bith irelands had tough groups crikkkeeeyy thats like 0 chance of qualifying for them.  Well republic has a better chance but..

Scotland wont get ahead of russia and belgium. Heck getting past Kazakhstan at this point would be considered good.