Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Euro 2020 Qualifiers

3 hours ago, rachhere said:

Thinking of getting tickets for the husband for Christmas for the Czech Republic match. Been to Wembley a couple of times before, but never for the football. Any tips? (Beyond not to bother! :P)

Go to Prague instead of London 

2 hours ago, Bert said:

If England can’t take 12 points from Kosovo & Montenegro (with all due respect) we don’t deserve to make the tournament. We should win the group without losing a game, really. Even coming 2nd I would be disappointed. 

Wasn't the point I was making but I agree.

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

I knew what you were getting at. There were easier 4th and 5th pot ties out there. 

We both know the point each other was making Bert. I do agree with what you're saying. If we can't qualify, by whatever means, we don't deserve to be there. Especially given we are top seeds in the group. The reason I said what I did is because it was awful not being in Argentina 78, it was awful not being at USA  94 and it was awful not being at France 84 and Austria/Switzerland 2008. The Nations League has been great for meaningful games between well matched teams but when it comes to qualifying, I'd still take the weakest 4 teams from the other pots if I was allowed to pick. 

On 02/12/2018 at 18:10, Tuna said:

Excellent draw, winning the group should be a formality and nice to play a few countries we haven't played in a while (Czech Republic and Bulgaria) and a new one (Kosovo).

At last, a breath of fresh air....post has it is,no buts,no negatives. Somebody just wanting to enjoy what it is!!

• Thanks 1

On 03/12/2018 at 14:02, rachhere said:

To be fair, that is my husbands favourite city, and I have never been. Do you think it would be hard to get tickets though?

You’ll get tickets out there from an england fan who’ll prefer to stay on the piss/in a brothel.

youll certainly got home end tickets out there too

• Like 2

On 04/12/2018 at 20:28, The Year Of The Fox said:

You’ll get tickets out there from an england fan who’ll prefer to stay on the piss/in a brothel.

youll certainly got home end tickets out there too

Ha!

Ended up getting tickets for the home match for various reasons - mainly that I am too impatient a person to wait until the autumn for the match, and secondly because my husbands never even been to Wembley before, and that's a must... even if it isn't how it once was. Got us a local AirBnB for a good price too, so will make a weekend of it :frantics:

• 3 months later...

Was just having a look at the Euro 2020 schedule. As we know it is Pan-European tournament 

Each city will host three group stage matches and one match in the round of 16 or quarter-finals. The match allocation for the 12 stadiums is as follows:

The host cities were divided into six pairings, established on the basis of sporting strength (assuming all host teams qualify), geographical considerations, and security/political constraints. The pairings were allocated to groups by means of a random draw on 7 December 2017. Each qualified host country will play a minimum of two matches at home. The group venue pairings is as follows:[29]

I assume, although I don't know that England (if they qualify) would end up in Group D and more than likely play their three games at Wembley

Also, if England progress, they will be back at Wembley for the Semi Final and Final

But in between there are some (mildly) interesting trips

If we win Group D, then the L16 game will be in Dublin and the QF in Rome

If we finish 2nd in Group D, then the L16 game will be in Copenhagen and the QF in St Petersburg

If we finish 3rd and qualify as one of the best third place teams then it will be one of these routes (depending on which 3rd place teams qualify)

L16 Bilbao QF Munich

L16 Glasgow QF Rome

L16 Budapest QF Baku

I appreciate there are a lot of assumptions here, firstly that we will qualify, secondly that we go in Group D (London and Glasgow) and that we qualify from that group.

Could make an interesting scramble for flights/tickets etc nearer the time!

51 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Was just having a look at the Euro 2020 schedule. As we know it is Pan-European tournament 

Each city will host three group stage matches and one match in the round of 16 or quarter-finals. The match allocation for the 12 stadiums is as follows:

The host cities were divided into six pairings, established on the basis of sporting strength (assuming all host teams qualify), geographical considerations, and security/political constraints. The pairings were allocated to groups by means of a random draw on 7 December 2017. Each qualified host country will play a minimum of two matches at home. The group venue pairings is as follows:[29]

I assume, although I don't know that England (if they qualify) would end up in Group D and more than likely play their three games at Wembley

Also, if England progress, they will be back at Wembley for the Semi Final and Final

But in between there are some (mildly) interesting trips

If we win Group D, then the L16 game will be in Dublin and the QF in Rome

If we finish 2nd in Group D, then the L16 game will be in Copenhagen and the QF in St Petersburg

If we finish 3rd and qualify as one of the best third place teams then it will be one of these routes (depending on which 3rd place teams qualify)

L16 Bilbao QF Munich

L16 Glasgow QF Rome

L16 Budapest QF Baku

I appreciate there are a lot of assumptions here, firstly that we will qualify, secondly that we go in Group D (London and Glasgow) and that we qualify from that group.

Could make an interesting scramble for flights/tickets etc nearer the time!

This assumption is true. Host nations will play at "home" in the group if they qualify. No idea how they decide who hosts the game between two hosts in a group (e.g. if Scotland play England, who will decide if that game is at Wembley or Hampden).

38 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

This assumption is true. Host nations will play at "home" in the group if they qualify. No idea how they decide who hosts the game between two hosts in a group (e.g. if Scotland play England, who will decide if that game is at Wembley or Hampden).

Scotland? Qualify? lol

3 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I know, it was hypothetically speaking. Bad example...

ha ha! yeah I know, I mean I know UEFA have expanded the tournament to 24 teams so even shite countries can qualify, but I don't think the bar goes that low....

58 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Great win for Wales tonight vs the might of Trinidad and Tobago.

Clear favorites for me to qualify from their group for Euro 2020:thumbup:

Wifes going to be upset her team was beaten by a bunch of Wellington  wearers.

Scotland have some decent midfielder players and I know they are missing their best 2 players (both left backs) but this is a terrible Scotland side. Genuinely never heard of half this team. 

The Nations League playoff still gives them some chance of qualifying, amazingly.